X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Divider
    replied
    Originally posted by Theo102 View Post

The difference between persons and people relates to the state because the state treats people as persons with no natural rights.
    Obedience to the state is endorsed by Romans 13:

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    Romans 13:1-2

Which contrasts with the Messiah making a distinction between deity and the state:

And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
    Mark 12:17
    Again, what does this have to do with the different gospel?

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
    Indeed, God does not base His regard on appearances but on the real substance that He alone can determine.

Again, what does this have to do with the topic?
    The difference between persons and people relates to the state because the state treats people as persons with no natural rights.
    Obedience to the state is endorsed by Romans 13:

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    Romans 13:1-2

Which contrasts with the Messiah making a distinction between deity and the state:

And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
    Mark 12:17

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    "You're ignoring the etymology and the historical use that associates "person" with someone's physical aspect."
    For YHWH ... regardeth not persons[פנים], nor taketh reward:
    Deuteronomy 10:17

פנים = faces, appearances
    Indeed, God does not base His regard on appearances but on the real substance that He alone can determine.

Again, what does this have to do with the topic?

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    "You're ignoring the etymology and the historical use that associates "person" with someone's physical aspect."

No, I'm not. The term PERSON by itself means the same thing as PEOPLE.
    You obviously are. Here's what I posted about it before:

The word person derives from the word phersu, meaning mask, just as in the KJV the word person is a translation of the Hebrew word pan, meaning face.
    A man has a person, so a man is more than a person. Collectively, men, women, and children are people, not persons.

Here's a supporting definition:

early 13c., from Old French persone "human being, anyone, person" (12c., Modern French personne) and directly from Latin persona "human being, person, personage; a part in a drama, assumed character," originally "a mask, a false face," such as those of wood or clay worn by the actors in later Roman theater. OED offers the general 19c. explanation of persona as "related to" Latin personare "to sound through" (i.e. the mask as something spoken through and perhaps amplifying the voice), "but the long o makes a difficulty ...." Klein and Barnhart say it is possibly borrowed from Etruscan phersu "mask." Klein goes on to say this is ultimately of Greek origin and compares Persephone.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/person

For YHWH ... regardeth not persons[פנים], nor taketh reward:
    Deuteronomy 10:17

פנים = faces, appearances

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    You're ignoring the etymology and the historical use that associates "person" with someone's physical aspect.
    No, I'm not. The term PERSON by itself means the same thing as PEOPLE.

The term 'on your person' is an idiomatic expression that has the word person in it.

People and persons means exactly the same thing.

Men are people, and according to Blackstone men have rights:

"Those rights then which God and nature have established, and are therefore called natural rights, such as are life and liberty, need not the aid of human laws to be more effectually invested in every man than they are; neither do they receive any additional strength when declared by the municipal laws to be inviolable." ~ Blackstone
    Woopee

Also, natural rights are recognised in the US Declaration of Independence (here called unalienable Rights):

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Can you show any reputable source that says that persons have the natural right of liberty?
    Fallacious argument.

It relates to human beings treating the state as their lawgiver and abandoning deity for that role.
    You live in a dream world where words have no meaning but what you want them to have.

BTW... what does this have to do with? -> THE APOSTLES DID NOT PREACH THE SAME GOSPEL

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

The point is that there's a connection of between Paul's role of bearing the name, Peter's endorsement of Paul, and the inconsistency between the name used by the prophets and the name used by Peter & Paul for their corresponding verses, and Peter and Paul's role regarding the Gentiles. The word semite is derived from the Hebrew word shem, which means name, and naturally relates to the idea that Gentiles are not semites.

Here's Paul's inconsistency with the name, in full:

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am El, and there is none else.
    I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
    Isaiah 45:23

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
    Romans 14:11

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    Phillipians 2:10-11
    You make no sense.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    God and Jesus know people call them those names.
    The point is that there's a connection of between Paul's role of bearing the name, Peter's endorsement of Paul, and the inconsistency between the name used by the prophets and the name used by Peter & Paul for their corresponding verses, and Peter and Paul's role regarding the Gentiles. The word semite is derived from the Hebrew word shem, which means name, and naturally relates to the idea that Gentiles are not semites.

Here's Paul's inconsistency with the name, in full:

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am El, and there is none else.
    I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
    Isaiah 45:23

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
    Romans 14:11

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    Phillipians 2:10-11

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

It's related to earlier misrepresentation of the name as "the LORD".

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
    Isaiah 42:8, KJV

I am YHWH: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
    Isaiah 42:8 (with transliteration from the Hebrew name of יהוה)

Calling on the name is significant:

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos[אנוש]: then began men to call upon the name of YHWH.
    Genesis 4:26

For thus saith YHWH, Thy bruise [is] incurable[אנוש], [and] thy wound [is] grievous.
    Jeremiah 30:12

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
    Joel 2:32, KJV

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Acts 2:21

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    Acts 4:10-12
    God and Jesus know people call them those names.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied

You speak mumbo jumbo.
    It's related to earlier misrepresentation of the name as "the LORD".

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
    Isaiah 42:8, KJV

I am YHWH: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
    Isaiah 42:8 (with transliteration from the Hebrew name of יהוה)

Calling on the name is significant:

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos[אנוש]: then began men to call upon the name of YHWH.
    Genesis 4:26

For thus saith YHWH, Thy bruise [is] incurable[אנוש], [and] thy wound [is] grievous.
    Jeremiah 30:12

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
    Joel 2:32, KJV

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Acts 2:21

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    Acts 4:10-12

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

Bearing the name (Acts 9:15) is relevant to Paul's misrepresentation of the name:

Isaiah 45:23 (YHWH)
    Romans 14:11 (Lord)
    Philemon 2:10 (Jesus)
    You speak mumbo jumbo.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    It's just simple definitions of words that you want to make into something that it is not.
    You're ignoring the etymology and the historical use that associates "person" with someone's physical aspect.

Also "people" to not have rights. An individual person has rights.
    Men are people, and according to Blackstone men have rights:

"Those rights then which God and nature have established, and are therefore called natural rights, such as are life and liberty, need not the aid of human laws to be more effectually invested in every man than they are; neither do they receive any additional strength when declared by the municipal laws to be inviolable." ~ Blackstone

Also, natural rights are recognised in the US Declaration of Independence (here called unalienable Rights):

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Can you show any reputable source that says that persons have the natural right of liberty?

What any of this has to do with anything is beyond me.
    It relates to human beings treating the state as their lawgiver and abandoning deity for that role.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied

That is just ignorant talk.
    Bearing the name (Acts 9:15) is relevant to Paul's misrepresentation of the name:

Isaiah 45:23 (YHWH)
    Romans 14:11 (Lord)
    Philemon 2:10 (Jesus)

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

The KJV has bear rather than proclaim in verse 15.

And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
    Acts 9:6

Paul's role was to bear the name, not to be a minister and witness:

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
    For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
    Acts 9:15-16

Re Peter's endorsement of Paul:

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry [thee] whither thou wouldest not.
    John 21:18
    That is just ignorant talk.

What did you do with Peter's scripture, by the way?

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    No, that's a fiction used by statists to defraud people of their natural rights. People have natural rights, persons do not.
    It's just simple definitions of words that you want to make into something that it is not.

People means persons.

Also "people" to not have rights. An individual person has rights.

The word person derives from the word phersu, meaning mask, just as in the KJV the word person is a translation of the Hebrew word pan, meaning face.
    A man has a person, so a man is more than a person. Collectively, men, women, and children are people, not persons.

https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictiona...ut-your-person
    "ON YOUR PERSON" or "ABOUT YOUR PERSON" are IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS. It is NOT the same as the single English word PERSON or PEOPLE.

What any of this has to do with anything is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.
    The KJV has bear rather than proclaim in verse 15.

And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
    Acts 9:6

Paul's role was to bear the name, not to be a minister and witness:

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
    For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
    Acts 9:15-16

Re Peter's endorsement of Paul:

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry [thee] whither thou wouldest not.
    John 21:18

Leave a comment:

Working...
X