• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keypurr
    replied
    Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Why can't you answer the questions?

Again, I asked Pierac:
    • What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?
    • Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a GOD"?

Quoting John 20:17 is no answer to either question.
    There is only ONE GOD and Jesus has a God.

Think

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Leave a comment:

• Lon
    replied
    Originally posted by keypurr View Post
    Nope friend , it is an image of me , not me. I Created the image when I stood in front of it. ALL IMAGES ARE CREATIONS.
    You are making this up, Bob. There is a reason you are making it up, but it is simply an ideal in your head. Read here: Image the one scripture says is third. You've a real problem now. Your 'idea' won't hold up any longer (I've told you this many times).

Consider Heb 1, the Son is the express image of his creator.
    Yes, in keeping with the definition (and scripture) I just gave. You, above, are the one that made a mistake. READ IT. It is clear and you are mistaken.

it/he is also first of all creation,
    You made this up. No scripture says this. You are 'inferring' it (means making it up, making pieces fit whether they do or not or even if they can). Such is very shaky theology. Why? Because it is in your head and not in scriptures. I try VERY hard to make sure whatever I believe, I CAN show in scripture from what it says and NOT from what I infer. I don't want you following me. I want you following God. I also don't want you following whatever you or someone else made up and cannot back up with scripture. There is NO scripture that says what you just said. Also, try not to use 'it' when talking of God, the Spirit, or Son. It isn't respectful.

firstborn in position and first to be created. Col 1:15 TELLS YOU THE SAME THING. THAT SON IS A SPIRIT, not a man.
    Nope: Col 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

I'm befuddled these simple statements in these verses confuse you. Continue reading please:
    Col 1:22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,

It became flesh when told to do so.
    So if I (or God) told a rock to "become flesh" a rock could become flesh??? "It" again, seems disrespectful to me. Further, several on TOL have received infractions for what is taken as a personal slight against the Being of the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

It shared glory with his Father in heaven.
    If I called you an 'it', Bob, you'd be offended.

When God sent his son it needed a body to dwell in, it came with the power of the most high for God was pleased that it contained his fullness. It was not a man that God used to create the Universe. This Son came to bring us light by speaking through the body he prepared for it.
    Again, 'it' is a large problem.

My thoughts run deep Lon but they are worth your time to study, they will give you a deeper understanding of who our Lord Jesus is. He is not the Alpha and Omega, his God is.
    FRANKLY, no. I've read you and you just don't have a good grasp on scriptures. You just don't have the education or where-with-all for it. I'm not arrogant, I'm just very well-read in the scriptures and proper theology. I know what I talk about.

Lon we can all be one with God if we love him enough, he tells you that in the book of John.
    Nope, you are being obtuse. The Lord Jesus Christ said "That they may be one AS You and I are one." Point? He said PREVIOUSLY that He and the Father are One WHEN Philip asked to see the Father. John 14:8 Your 'deep' wisdom? Childish. You are saying we can be one like the Father and Son??? When you see 'me' you have NOT seen the Father bud. You are quite mistaken and your theology is immature and childish for it. You are equating with very poor grammatical skills. No scripture nor English structure allows people to 'spiritualize' the text. It isn't spiritual. it is childish and completely against what the passage says.

This is what you are doing, Bob:

1Ti 1:3 As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine,
    1Ti 1:4 nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith.
    1Ti 1:5 The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
    1Ti 1:6 Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion,
    1Ti 1:7 desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

Do you get it???
    Joh 17:22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—
    Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
    Joh 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

John 1:1 is the most misunderstood verse in the Bible, consider the WORD to be the spirit son, not Jesus. That son is a created form of God, a god. He has the fullness of his Father, he did nor need to grow in wisdom as Jesus did. This spirit son became flesh, Jesus was born flesh. I could go on and on, but......, God has been good to me Lon, he has taught me a lot over the years. I live in the comfort of his love,I hope you do also.
    Nope, you don't get it. You are simply wrong. I JUST explained to you that this is a problem and poor reading skills as well as nothing but conjecture of made up stuff. You simply made this is as did any Arian/Unitarian before you. God has been BETTER to me because I know His Word AND can read English without making stuff up! YOU made a mistake. YOU did. It is a rookie, amature, and immature Christian (according to Timothy and Thessalonians) mistake and problem. Sorry, you are WAY too overconfident for someone with such poor reading skills as this. John 17 and John 14 have COMPLETELY different contexts. When you've seen me, you have NOT seen the Father. Arians are foolish for this AND Paul says to avoid these. Worse? He says they (like you) try to 'teach' and are to be dismissed. The Apostle Paul says that.

Leave a comment:

• nikolai_42
    replied
    Consider Heb 1, the Son is the express image of his creator. it/he is also first of all creation, firstborn in position and first to be created. Col 1:15 TELLS YOU THE SAME THING. THAT SON IS A SPIRIT, not a man. It became flesh when told to do so. It shared glory with his Father in heaven. When God sent his son it needed a body to dwell in, it came with the power of the most high for God was pleased that it contained his fullness. It was not a man that God used to create the Universe. This Son came to bring us light by speaking through the body he prepared for it.
    Lon is more than capable of responding for himself, but you referred to Colossians 1:15 in an earlier post (August 8th, I believe) and paired that with your observation that an image must be a creation. Sounds good, but if you read the context of that verse, it denies that this must be so :

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:13-18

As John famously wrote :

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    The same was in the beginning with God.
    All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

There is no ambiguity here. If something was created, Jesus created it. Jesus may be the express image of the Father, but that doesn't make Him any less God (and, as Paul and John testify) NOT a created being.

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    READ:
    Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    Why can't you answer the questions?

Again, I asked Pierac:
    • What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?
    • Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a GOD"?

Quoting John 20:17 is no answer to either question.

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Not what Sherman said. Read it again.
    Senile or just totally lacking cognitive skills.

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    Senile, or advanced?
    In what world is "senile" ever comparable to "advanced"?

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    Fair enough, but where and who did I call someone a denigrating name?
    Not what Sherman said. Read it again.
    Originally posted by Sherman View Post
    I will not add you to my contacts because of your misuse of the conversation box. 1. You were argumentative when you got an infraction and 2. you were trying to 'convert' me. I am not open to being proselytized. People that try to proselytize me are very annoying. On other sites where I am just a regular member--people that do that get placed on ignore. You a free to your opinions, but remember TOL is a Trinitarian Christian site. You have to show a measure of respect in your posts. You cannot be calling mainline Christian doctrines denigrating names.

Leave a comment:

• keypurr
    replied
    No one did.

You must have been imagining things.

Maybe you're going senile...
    Senile, or advanced?

Leave a comment:

• keypurr
    replied
    I will not add you to my contacts because of your misuse of the conversation box. 1. You were argumentative when you got an infraction and 2. you were trying to 'convert' me. I am not open to being proselytized. People that try to proselytize me are very annoying. On other sites where I am just a regular member--people that do that get placed on ignore. You a free to your opinions, but remember TOL is a Trinitarian Christian site. You have to show a measure of respect in your posts. You cannot be calling mainline Christian doctrines denigrating names.
    Fair enough, but where and who did I call someone a denigrating name?

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    I don't, but who else could do that?
    No one did.

You must have been imagining things.

Maybe you're going senile...
    With my mod panel I can see all the notices sent. I read through all the infraction notes you have been sent. None of them ask you to leave. Screen notices come from the infractions. The one the comes closest to it is this one that I sent: This is a Christian (Trinitarian) site. If you want to continue posting here, you need to show some respect in your interactions. And another thing, do not PM the mods about this. It will get you another infraction. The decision to infract you for this is final.:

Trolling the PM box is the reason why I have closed the PM box to all but staff and contacts. It will actually save you from getting infractions for PM box trolling of staff because that avenue has been shut down.

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    So the verses from scripture were disruptive to this site? Is that what your implying? We can not quote scripture here?
    ばか!

I literally just said the verses are not the problem.

What part of "Not one of them is for your use of scripture" do you not understand?

It's your attitude towards trinitarians, which includes the owners and staff of this site.

Do I have to, again, highlight what it was in your post that earned you an infraction? I've done it before, and you still don't get it?
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; August 15, 2019, 04:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• keypurr
    replied
    You have been given infractions 5 times in the past year because of namecalling, sending malicious messages to moderators when you received an infraction, talking back to staff, blasphemy, and being unnecessarily disruptive.

See the list below.

No, you were banned because you were being unnecessarily disruptive. It had nothing to do with your use of scripture. See below.

False. Every reason was warranted.

Here are all of the infractions you have received since I became a moderator. Not one of them is for your use of scripture:

Spoiler
    JudgeRightly
    Mar 26, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Namecalling without cause

Post: "Jehovah's Witnesses" Think Jesus Is No Longer Human
    User: keypurr
    Infraction: Name-calling without cause

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:

JudgeRightly
    Apr 01, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Unnecessarily disruptive

Infraction: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Sherman
    Apr 10, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

JudgeRightly
    Jun 03, 2019

Infraction for keypurr: Intentional blasphemy

Infraction: Intentional blasphemy

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:

Sherman
    Jun 21, 2019

infraction for keypurr: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:

So the verses from scripture were disruptive to this site? Is that what your implying? We can not quote scripture here?

Leave a comment:

• keypurr
    replied
    Originally posted by Lon View Post
    A mirror

God created you, the mirror is a reflection. It IS you in the mirror. When you move, he moves. You CERTAINLY did not create the image and are incapable. ONLY God is capable of creating your image.
    Nope friend , it is an image of me , not me. I Created the image when I stood in front of it. ALL IMAGES ARE CREATIONS.

Er 'firstborn of all creation' is not 'created.' It doesn't say that. "You prepared for me a body." It does say that, but He said He was with the Father before creation. It makes your idea impossible. The scripture calls Him Alpha and Omega. The scripture says "yesterday, today, forever the same." You have to account for every jot and tiddle, Bob. Every one.
    Consider Heb 1, the Son is the express image of his creator. it/he is also first of all creation, firstborn in position and first to be created. Col 1:15 TELLS YOU THE SAME THING. THAT SON IS A SPIRIT, not a man. It became flesh when told to do so. It shared glory with his Father in heaven. When God sent his son it needed a body to dwell in, it came with the power of the most high for God was pleased that it contained his fullness. It was not a man that God used to create the Universe. This Son came to bring us light by speaking through the body he prepared for it.

My thoughts run deep Lon but they are worth your time to study, they will give you a deeper understanding of who our Lord Jesus is. He is not the Alpha and Omega, his God is.

It doesn't look like 'He' is behind your epiphany to me. I've also poured over these scriptures. For me: Some scriptures speak of the Son and Father as separate, and some, clearly, speak of them as one. I know there is Only One God. Likewise I know what John 20:28 says. The ONLY position that can make any sense of these is the triune position. It doesn't seek to explain it all. It seeks to believe it all. I 'want' to believe all of the scriptures without trampling a single one. "IF" you can show me any scripture I trample, I'd be obliged. Conversely, Arianism tramples John 1:1, John 10:30;14:9;20:28
    Lon we can all be one with God if we love him enough, he tells you that in the book of John.

Joh 17:22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—
    Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
    Joh 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

John 1:1 is the most misunderstood verse in the Bible, consider the WORD to be the spirit son, not Jesus. That son is a created form of God, a god. He has the fullness of his Father, he did nor need to grow in wisdom as Jesus did. This spirit son became flesh, Jesus was born flesh. I could go on and on, but......, God has been good to me Lon, he has taught me a lot over the years. I live in the comfort of his love,I hope you do also.

Leave a comment:

• keypurr
    replied
    Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    What (if anything) do you imagine you mean when you say "Jesus has a GOD"?

Where, in the Bible, do we read, "Jesus has a GOD"? That's right: nowhere.
    READ:
    Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Leave a comment:

• keypurr
    replied
    With the exception of [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION], whom I have not heard back from yet, all of the other moderators, including myself, have denied sending you such a message.

Then how do you know it was a moderator?

You are bearing false witness, Keypurr, and this proves it.
    I don't, but who else could do that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X