Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Twice, last year. Several times more than that in my life.

Did you completely understand what you read?

Are you saying you want to be poor?

I'm saying that you shouldn't blaspheme God by attributing to Him things that He never said.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope. I learn more, every time I read It.Never have. Never will.

I quoted scripture, and you said the following:

Let the poor say, "I am rich."

Did I misunderstand you, thinking that you were misquoting Joel 3:10?

Or were you actually saying that that phrase, "let the poor say..." is in the Bible?

Because if it's the former, then you don't know the Bible as well as you think you do, and if the latter, you are blaspheming God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I never said it was Scripture.
Then in a discussion about what the Bible says, why say it at all?

And especially in response to scripture!

Do you think that the scripture I provided on the poor is trumped by a cliche like that?

Aimiel

I don't think that it's my fate to remain poor. If you believe that you should, that's up to you. I would much rather have prosperity than poverty. It's much more relaxing. I don't believe that you've shown me proof that I need to be poor to be Christian. I believe that we're given everything we need, according to His Riches in glory. I don't believe that you can deny this, except you project something into Scripture that isn't implied.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't think that it's my fate to remain poor. If you believe that you should, that's up to you. I would much rather have prosperity than poverty. It's much more relaxing. I don't believe that you've shown me proof that I need to be poor to be Christian. I believe that we're given everything we need, according to His Riches in glory. I don't believe that you can deny this, except you project something into Scripture that isn't implied.
I think you've somehow gotten lost in your own argument.

Remember, the discussion is about what the Bible says, not about being poor.

Aimiel

I think you've somehow gotten lost in your own argument.

Remember, the discussion is about what the Bible says, not about being poor.
I thought it was about what is holding us back. If one clings to an imaginary premise or un-sound doctrine, in spite of one's thinking that one's logic is inescapable. I believe that God wants us to prosper and be in health, in spite of those who believe that we should be poor.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I thought it was about what is holding us back. If one clings to an imaginary premise or un-sound doctrine, in spite of one's thinking that one's logic is inescapable. I believe that God wants us to prosper and be in health, in spite of those who believe that we should be poor.
No one was arguing that we should be poor.

We were arguing that there will always be poor among us.

Aimiel

I believe that there will always be poor. Jesus said so. It must be true. I'm trying to educate those who buy into the 'no-such-thing-as-prosperity-preaching' heresy. God WANTS us to prosper. Even more than an Apostle might.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe that there will always be poor. Jesus said so. It must be true. I'm trying to educate those who buy into the 'no-such-thing-as-prosperity-preaching' heresy. God WANTS us to prosper. Even more than an Apostle might.

Like I said, you've gotten lost in your own argument, and you're now agreeing with what I just said.

I recommend you go back about 30 posts and see if you can find where you went off on your own path...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They're said to cease when that which is perfect is come. This world is still in a fallen condition, whether you have noticed or not. You are the one clinging to an un-supported claim.

On the contrary...

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. - 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians13:8-10&version=NKJV

The word used for "perfect" here means "complete" or "mature."

Strong's g5046

- Lexical: τέλειος
- Transliteration: teleios
- Part of Speech: Adjective
- Phonetic Spelling: tel'-i-os
- Definition: perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character.
- Origin: From telos; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with ho) completeness.
- Usage: of full age, man, perfect.
- Translated as (count): perfect (11), mature (4), a perfect (1), full grown (1), full-grown (1), more perfect (1).

It's at this point that it's as if Paul remembers what his original line of thought was, and gets back to speaking about the sign gifts in verse 8.

Prophecy will fail in various ways.

Tongues will cease.

The gift of knowledge will vanish away.

Whereas special knowledge was provided by the Spirit, that need passed away when the mystery was fully revealed and recorded in the New Testament.

The mystery is Paul's gospel, that we no longer are required to keep the law, but all we need to do is believe, and we are saved. When that mystery was fully revealed and recorded in the NT, that is when the need for special knowledge passed away.We won't need the temporary gifts of special revelation when we have the permanent treasure of the full word of God. That's the point Paul is making in that passage.

So when Paul writes that "tongues will cease," we ask the question, "when will they cease"?

They'll cease when the revelation of the mystery is complete, and God has fully confirmed the Body of Christ in it's validity to the unbelieving Jews. When that happens, that's when tongues will cease.

That's the teaching of dispensational world, and that also happens to be the record of history, because it was in the first generation of the Body of Christ that tongues were practiced, and then they died out, and they ceased, and were gone....

:think:

...until the 1830s when they resurrected in england when the charismatic movement began under very strange circumstances...

:idunno:

If you spent as much time seeking God as you do clinging to false 'loopholes' you'd do well.

:blabla:

glorydaz

There is such a thing as prosperity preaching, but it's based on man's own selfish greed. Attempting to make God a partner in his greed is at best childish. :)

Zeke

Have you come to the forum to mock God? If not, try to speak like an adult.

Don't you remember I told you in the back alley I wouldn't be bothering you anymore back in 1917, you crossed the line first.
Wasn't mocking God at least not the One forever present, your futuristic version would be offended "I AM" sure.

We will have to do it again in couple more years.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
How could you not know how?

Would God have Jesus Christ say that without telling us how?

Why isn't your denomination teaching you how to do what Jesus Christ said we can do?

Was Jesus Christ wrong in John 14:12?

So what excuses do you have?

It isn’t real? It doesn’t work? People don’t do the works of Jesus, or the works that Jesus said believers would do because they can’t do them. If they could, they would clear out the children’s hospital by instant healings, the whole world would see it and then become Christian. That doesn’t happen because Christians can’t do it.

glorydaz

It isn’t real? It doesn’t work? People don’t do the works of Jesus, or the works that Jesus said believers would do because they can’t do them. If they could, they would clear out the children’s hospital by instant healings, the whole world would see it and then become Christian. That doesn’t happen because Christians can’t do it.

Guyver? Is that really you?

Wow, I'm so happy to see you back again.:cheers:

And you're exactly correct with your response. :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.