Why the Righteous Man Does Not Need Rules, Laws or Religion, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
"But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law" Galatians 5:18.

To be under the law or to live by the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10. Yet many continue to live according to rules, laws and religion. Why is that? The Pharisees were the first ones to live by laws, rules and religion. This is why they were in constant conflict with Jesus.

The purpose of the law, (which I believe to be the nature and character of God) is to convict people of their lost condition and bring them to Christ, Galatians 3:24. Another purpose of the law is that it reveals the holy, just nature of God. One does not have to read much of the Bible to discover that their righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. When they discover that the natural and normal thing to do is to call on Christ to save them, Romans 10:13.

Unfortunately, not all see it that way. Many continue to live according to rules, laws and religion, hoping that God will honor their effort to be righteous by keeping the law. Because God is holy he must judge sin where ever he finds it. If you come into the judgment in your own righteousness you will disappear in a puff of smoke. The only ones that will pass in the judgment are those that are found to be "In Christ".

What does it mean to be "In Christ?" It means that you are trusting in the righteousness of Christ for your salvation and not in your own righteousness, Philippians 3:9. It also means that you believe that Jesus has atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To be "In Christ" means that you resting in what he has accomplished in your name and on your behalf, Hebrews 4:10. Those that have entered into his rest are those that have ceased from their own works (religion) and are resting and trusting in his work for their salvation.

Salvation is a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. It cannot be earned, deserved or imposed. It is available to all that want to be saved. All that come to Christ to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that produces the Christian life and good works, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God and is NOT of the law.

The law produces wrath, judgment and condemnation. This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21. The law is not our friend. The law will damn us to hell if we are found to be under it. This is why Jesus nailed the law to his cross. It was contrary to us, no one could keep it or do it.

In the Gospel we are justified by faith. We are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ. Jesus is God's justifier, Romans 3:26. Jesus is the one that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Jesus is the one that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did is ours by faith. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

To be under the law or to live by the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10. Yet many continue to live according to rules, laws and religion. Why is that? The Pharisees were the first ones to live by laws, rules and religion. This is why they were in constant conflict with Jesus.

The purpose of the law, (which I believe to be the nature and character of God) is to convict people of their lost condition and bring them to Christ, Galatians 3:24. Another purpose of the law is that it reveals the holy, just nature of God. One does not have to read much of the Bible to discover that their righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. When they discover that the natural and normal thing to do is to call on Christ to save them, Romans 10:13.

Unfortunately, not all see it that way. Many continue to live according to rules, laws and religion, hoping that God will honor their effort to be righteous by keeping the law. Because God is holy he must judge sin where ever he finds it. If you come into the judgment in your own righteousness you will disappear in a puff of smoke. The only ones that will pass in the judgment are those that are found to be "In Christ".

What does it mean to be "In Christ?" It means that you are trusting in the righteousness of Christ for your salvation and not in your own righteousness, Philippians 3:9. It also means that you believe that Jesus has atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To be "In Christ" means that you resting in what he has accomplished in your name and on your behalf, Hebrews 4:10. Those that have entered into his rest are those that have ceased from their own works (religion) and are resting and trusting in his work for their salvation.

Salvation is a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. It cannot be earned, deserved or imposed. It is available to all that want to be saved. All that come to Christ to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that produces the Christian life and good works, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God and is NOT of the law.

The law produces wrath, judgment and condemnation. This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21. The law is not our friend. The law will damn us to hell if we are found to be under it. This is why Jesus nailed the law to his cross. It was contrary to us, no one could keep it or do it.

In the Gospel we are justified by faith. We are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ. Jesus is God's justifier, Romans 3:26. Jesus is the one that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Jesus is the one that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did is ours by faith. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

No.

You do have a lot of scripture, which is good for learning. You may have forgotten or left something out like the following verse.

1 Corinthians 9:21 RSV - To those outside the law I became as one outside the law--not being without law toward God but under the law of Christ--that I might win those outside the law.

1 Corinthians 9:21 NKJV - to those [who are] without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those [who are] without law;

Also, I did not accept everything that you said. You spoke about being under the law and the condemnation of hell for those who are. Jesus was born under the law and He was never condemned by God. I do see about those who are under a curse here.

Galatians 3:10 NASB - For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM."

Does this perchance have to do with seeking to find righteousness by law-keeping or doing the law? I ask because whether this is hypocrisy or seeking for perfection or perfectionism our righteousness cannot be found this way. We ought to obey God's commandments and I can say that this includes God's commandments found in the Law else we begin with the commandments of Jesus as God's word, His only word to us. So, obey the commandments of Jesus the commandments of God. Then obedience even when Paul speaks of it is not about works for righteousness or perfection or perfectionism thinking you are righteous or seeking for righteousness in and by the law. Still I can say that this does not mean that the law is bad. Scripture reveals to us that the law is good. When it is used the right way, yes. Now, what does this mean? Some believe they have the righteousness of Christ imputed to them and do not need to do anything for righteousness or do not need to do anything to be righteous. I mention this as a backdrop for saying that if you are righteous then of course you would not need the law. To tell you that you are wrong or a sinner. Instead, we obey and there is sanctification and righteousness, Romans 6. Then if there is anything I can do that is righteous, difficulty with that would make me righteous, wouldn't I want to do it rather than relying upon or claiming the imputed righteousness of Christ? It is not that we can't discuss what the imputed righteousness is or would be should we really understand it or have it. It is that we should always do the right thing. In the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah we have God's law written on minds and hearts. It is difficult to understand why you would say that Jesus nailed the law to his cross. That it was contrary to us, no one could keep it or do it, as you say. Jesus kept it. When we love our neighbor as our self we fulfill the law. See also Romans 8, Verses 1-4 in particular. The requirement of the law is fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Jesus fulfilled the law. Though we have sinned, and repented of our sin, there is nothing wrong with doing the same. However, if you are of the works of the law you are under a curse. No one can do or keep the law, perfectly. So, what do you obey? What are God's commandments that are not burdensome for you to obey as the Apostle John wrote in his first letter? So, it is wrong to say that the law is for sinners and that there are people that are righteous and don't need the law. Since the law is the problem because the weakness of our flesh, or rather we are the problem and the law is never the problem, do we say we do not need the law and that our righteousness if found in Christ alone? Do we obey the commandments of Jesus? There is nothing wrong with the law. We should do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do, whether the commandments or whatever this is, whatever it is that this is. Then to be under the law does that mean that you are of Israel, that you obey the Law, or that you are condemned because you are seeking to be justified by it? A person should not be condemned for keeping or observing the law, but rather maybe should they be under it, for not keeping it or observing it. Jesus fulfilled the law and we do not need to do so for salvation. But this does not mean that we should teach that people should not obey God or obey the commandments found in the Law even if we use the word fulfill. Fulfill means to do. It makes sense to do what God wants for and of you, what He requires of you. Do not preach against what is good. If you know of an error in thinking or action you may warn someone of what it is. Our beliefs drive what we do. It is important to believe the right thing. And, this or that is part of what believing the gospel is all about, not about ceasing to obey God.

Shalom.

Jacob

john w

Hall of Fame

The law has been abolished for Christians, being replaced by the Holy Spirit.

"The law is NOT made for the righteous man but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

This is why John W. needs the law.

The righteous man knows that he is not under the law, but under grace, Romans 6:14.

Evasion, non responsive spam.

The law is NOT made for the righteous man, 1 Timothy 1:9.

The righteous man does not need rules and laws because... "He is not under the law, but under grace" Romans 6:14.

John W. needs the law, because he is lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Do you go to the synagogue John W.? If you don't, you should. You are more Jewish than you are Christian.

Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, John 14:17. Not the law.

=spam. We know that, demon. But the Holy Spirit only leads believers, based upon the existing, not "destroyed," objective, written word of God, not divorced from it, you deceiver, and the Holy Spirit does not replace the law, as you subjectively, satanically assert, it works with the objective, existing law, that is outside of yourself.

Non responsive, evasion,from the slick devil child. The issue is not the law as a rule of life, or to whom does it apply. The issue is, since you argued, on record, that the Holy Spirit replaces the law of God, for the believer( That is your "argument."), if the law applies to the lost, and not the believer, having been replaced by the Holy Spirit, according to you, replacing the good, holy,.....law, how are the saved to determine, objectively, what is right/wrong, if the law no longer exist, Pate? Answer:

Tell us why, then, murder, theft, adultery, lying....are wrong, if their is no objective source outside of yourself, such as the holy, good, spiritual law of God, to define wrong.

Go ahead, Pate. To what are you going to point? What is your reference point? The law of God? No, you assert that it does not exist.Let me guess: The Holy Spirit? Who says that your Holy Spirit, is right, and the other person's Holy Spirit, is wrong? You? You are divine, are you, pope Pate, speaking for Christ, on earth?

Go ahead, Pate. Tell all of TOL, again, what you must assert, since you have no objective reference point, outside of yourself,i.e., that right/wrong is determined subjectively, by each individual, through feelings, experiences, this "Holy Spirit" within you, that "trumps" the Holy Spirit within others. Yes, it is called ethical subjectivism, moral relativism. And you try to "splain it away, Lucy," with, "Well, you see, the Holy Spirit tells me that murder, theft, adultery, lying, are wrong, and my Holy Spirit is 'more right' than yours,"trumps" yours, as I am POPE Pate, as everyone knows, the consensus knows, and my parents taught me, that murder, theft, adultery, lying,are wrong, and everyone else is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Months of silence, from this demonic child of the devil, as the devil has a gag order on him.

Tell us, Pate, to one who would tell you:
"I am led by the Holy Spirit. You taught me that the Holy Spirit replaced the law of God. He tells me that sodomy, multiple wives is OK."

What would you say? Go ahead, Pate. Tell us all.

Again...

I did answer this, but one of the moderators must have deleted it. Christians are not led by the law. They are led by the Holy Spirit.

Demonic false dichotomy.

Pate:Us citizens are not under the law of Great Britain. Therefore, the laws of Great Britain do not exist, are void, are destroyed.

They are led by the Holy Spirit.

True, but that same Holy Spirit will only lead Christians based upon the existing, objective, holy, good, spiritual law of God,not divorced from it, which you assert, no longer exists, so, you spam another devious false dichotomy..

Tell us, Pate, what you would say, to one, who asserts: "The Holy Spirit tells me that murder, having multiple wives, sodomy, is OK."

Go ahead, Pate. To what are you going to point? What is your reference point? The law of God? No, you assert that it does not exist.Let me guess: The Holy Spirit? Who says that your Holy Spirit, is right, and the other person's Holy Spirit, is wrong? You? You are divine, are you, pope Pate, speaking for Christ, on earth?Come on, Pate-tell al of TOL. Go ahead.

Watch his 2 month "punt" continue, and his non response, evasion. Watch.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

______________________________________________________________________________________

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you have a Bible?

You delete 3/4 of the bible, you demonic, intoxicated poser, wolf, God hater, Christ rejector, as you not only attempt to abolish the holy, just, good, spiritual law of God, that reflects His character, but attempt to abolish, delete 3/4 of "a Bible," as you detest both, and follow in the footsteps of your father, the devil, who taught you to delete/take from "a bible," corrupt it, and also replacing/adding words with your satanic inventions, as you hate the "bible."

You are trying to use Old Testament scripture to make your point. There is a problem with that. The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

You have a "1/4" "a bible," do you demon, void of Genesis-Malachi, and God's holy, good, just, spiritual law, as you attempt to abolish it, like the devil has attempted, in Genesis-Revelation?

The law has been abolished for Christians, as has the OT, replaced by the Holy Spirit.

Tell us, all of TOL, how the Holy Sprit informed you that He has replaced the objective law of God, the written word, "scripture," and how He informed you, that Genesis-Malachi no longer exist, having been abolished, and how he also informed you, that the following scripture, needs also to be abolished?:

Romans 15:4 KJV For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Go ahead, POPE Pate. Lay it on us, all of us, on TOL.

One more time:

True Christians allow the Bible to dictate what they believe.

Catch that demonic, intoxicated "logic," TOL?

He deletes/abolishes 3/4 of the bible, Genesis-Malachi, deletes the holy, good, just spiritual law God, asserting that it has been abolished, replaced by the Holy Spirit, as everyone is to decide on their own, what they believe is right/wrong, which is ethical subjectivism, moral relativism, and yet, in demonic drunkenness, asserts,
True Christians allow the Bible to dictate what they believe.

What "the Bible" would that be, Pope Pate? A "the Bible," of which you have abolished 3/4, including the Bible's delineation of what is right, what is wrong, i.e., sin?

Tell us Pate, how can "True Christians" do that, if God's law, 3/4 of the bible, no longer exists, is abolished, according to you?

Tell us, Pate, if the bible is to dictate what they are to believe, re. "right/wrong," where "True Christians" can find in "The Bible," what dictates what we are to believe, re. "This is right, this is wrong, a sin?"

Go ahead, Pate. Remember, you cannot use Genesis-Malachi...

You are trying to use Old Testament scripture to make your point. There is a problem with that. The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

...or God's holy, just, good, spiritual law, as it no longer exists, as it has been abolished/destroyed/made void, and no longer exits, FOR CHRISTIANS, according to you.

Go ahead, Pope Pate. What happened to your assertion that the Holy Spirit replaces the law, the bible, in determining what we are to believe, including "right vs. wrong?"

Christians assert that the objective, good, holy, spiritual law of God,in scriptures("It is written"), determined the objective standard, outside of ourselves, determine the "baseline" for right/wrong. You reject that, and in demonic drunkenness, contradict that, by your "Hail Mary" "True Christians allow the Bible to dictate what they believe," as that "the Bible" has been deleted/abolished by you.

This demon needs help-dementia is a terrible disease, as is satanism.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Robert, why do you push out of context interpretation and spread a falsehood?

Is Jesus your Lord?

john w

Hall of Fame

Vs.

Romans 15:4 KJV For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Pate: To h with you, God, through Paul, as those things written aforetime, in Genesis-Malachi, HAVE BEEN ABOLISHED-THEY NO LONGER EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They cannot be used to make your point, nor are they for our learning, as Genesis-Malachi, has BEEN ABOLISHED-IT NO LONGER EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You demon, Pate. Get off this site.

glorydaz

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" (Romans 3:31).

Yes, The very PURPOSE of the law has been established when we believe.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the Gospel we are justified by faith.

Was Abraham justified by faith?

Was his faith tested?

Isaac asked about the lamb for the offering and Abraham said, "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering." (Genesis 22:8)

This is the gospel Paul referred to in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures"

Robert Pate

Banned
"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" (Romans 3:31).

We establish the law by being "In Christ". God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Philippians 3:9. Faith in Christ and his Gospel is our righteousness.

Robert Pate

Banned
Was Abraham justified by faith?

Was his faith tested?

Isaac asked about the lamb for the offering and Abraham said, "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering." (Genesis 22:8)

This is the gospel Paul referred to in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures"

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. We are complete only in him, Colossians 2:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one law it is the law of Moses.

Is that the law Abraham obeyed?

"because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws." (Genesis 26:5)

Paul explained, "And this I say that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ that it should make the promise of no effect." (Galatians 3:17)

The covenant with Abraham prevails today.

Robert Pate

Banned
Is that the law Abraham obeyed?

"because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws." (Genesis 26:5)

Paul explained, "And this I say that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ that it should make the promise of no effect." (Galatians 3:17)

The covenant with Abraham prevails today.

Nope, The old Covenant has been replaced with the New Covenant, which is Jesus Christ himself. Hebrews 8:6, 13.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, The old Covenant has been replaced with the New Covenant, which is Jesus Christ himself. Hebrews 8:6, 13.

The old covenant is generally referring to the covenant made at Mt.Sinai.

The Sinaitic covenant did not annul the Abrahamic covenant made with Abraham and Christ.

"Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed no one annuls or adds to it. Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, 'And to seeds' as of many, but as of one, 'And to your Seed,' who is Christ." (Galatians 3:15-16)

God made promises to Abraham and Christ. Why do you believe God reneged on his promises?

john w

Hall of Fame

Catch that. He again makes things up, with his intoxicated " the New Covenant, which is Jesus Christ himself."

Next up-Pate: God the Father is the Old Covenant, and He has been abolished!!!

And notice his selective quoting, deleting verses in Hebrews 8, and revising them:

Hebrews 8 KJV

8 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.

4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

-"is ready to vanish"

No scripture asserts that the OC has been replaced yet with the NC-None.

-the NC is made with whom? The same ones, with which the OC was given.

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

-when-"in those days"-the second coming...

Romans 11 KJV
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Hebrews 9:28 KJV

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Robert Pate

Banned
Catch that. He again makes things up, with his intoxicated " the New Covenant, which is Jesus Christ himself."

Next up-Pate: God the Father is the Old Covenant, and He has been abolished!!!

And notice his selective quoting, deleting verses in Hebrews 8, and revising them:

Hebrews 8 KJV

8 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.

4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

-"is ready to vanish"

No scripture asserts that the OC has been replaced yet with the NC-None.

-the NC is made with whom? The same ones, with which the OC was given.

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

-when-"in those days"-the second coming...

Romans 11 KJV
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Hebrews 9:28 KJV

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

You forgot to say... "He is the mediator of a BETTER COVENANT, which was established on BETTER Promises, Hebrews 8:6.

"In that he says, a new Covenant has he made the first old. NOW THAT WHICH IS DECAYING and is waxing old, IS READY TO VANISH AWAY" Hebrews 8:13.

You are using scripture deceitfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.