The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I did explain and defend my argument.

--Dave
But you failed to explain why the experiment didn't check the globe calculations. You didn't show the measurements that were taken were within the accuracy of the instruments used. You just asserted they are right without verifying the setup oh their experiment, the equations, the calibration of the equipment. No scientific method at all.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
"for a spinning globe :backflip: not for a flat stationary earth."

:surf: riding a gravitational wave

--Dave
It is valid for both systems. You can't just ignore an inconvenient truth.

By the way, I note that you are attempting to ignore the question I asked about potential energy. What is potential energy? How do we calculate it?

musterion

It's sad when they resort to shame and guilt and questioning the faith and "witness" of Christ Jesus of those who believe flat earth is possible based on scripture and solid evidence.

Whose fault was that? I believe that I was the first to point out, in some FE materials which you posted, that there's the belief that non-FEs belong to Satan. I also pointed out how a few were very bold in implying that salvation is tied to this issue. YOU may not believe that. DAVE may not believe that, but some FEs seem to. Don't know about anyone else but I got a problem with that.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's sad when they resort to shame and guilt and questioning the faith and "witness" of Christ Jesus of those who believe flat earth is possible based on scripture and solid evidence.

You missed the point (something you seem good at). No one is questioning anyone's faith or salvation. What I am saying is... you can't be a good witness when you believe garbage like this because it makes you a fool and no one believes or listens to a fool.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree with this. Neither view has been proven beyond reasonable doubt and neither side should be ridiculed to the point where their faith in Christ is questioned.
You are wrong. The flat earth theory has been crushed, mushed, and squashed every way until Sunday on this thread (as well as the part I thread).

Things such as... the coriolis effect, the setting of the sun, the seasons, solar eclipses, the ability to fly from south Africa to Sydney in 13 hours, gravity, curvature measured by lasers, actual pictures of a spherical earth, etc. etc. etc. are rock solid proof the earth isn't flat. The argument is over. The only thing left is toying with those still so blind they refuse to accept the truth.

SaulToPaul 2

You are wrong. The flat earth theory has been crushed, mushed, and squashed every way until Sunday on this thread (as well as the part I thread).

Things such as... the coriolis effect, the setting of the sun, the seasons, solar eclipses, the ability to fly from south Africa to Sydney in 13 hours, gravity, curvature measured by lasers, actual pictures of a spherical earth, etc. etc. etc. are rock solid proof the earth isn't flat. The argument is over. The only thing left is toying with those still so blind they refuse to accept the truth.

I disagree. When CNN tells the world that aliens have invaded, Flat Earthers will know it's BS. And, they will. Review what Reagan has said about aliens.

SaulToPaul 2

You missed the point (something you seem good at). No one is questioning anyone's faith or salvation. What I am saying is... you can't be a good witness when you believe garbage like this because it makes you a fool and no one believes or listens to a fool.

The majority of "Christianity" believes that Open Theism is foolishness. Will you abandon what you believe because it makes you look foolish to the masses? Should we abandon Christ altogether because it makes us look foolish to 95% of the world?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The majority of "Christianity" believes that Open Theism is foolishness. Will you abandon what you believe because it makes you look foolish to the masses? Should we abandon Christ altogether because it makes us look foolish to 95% of the world?
The majority of Christianity doesn't even know what open theism OR Calvinism is.

But that's not the point.... Calvinism and Open Theism are complex theological questions that have interesting arguments on both sides of the debate.

Flat earth theory is just plain nuts. It can be disproved every day by merely watching the sun set and rise. We have pictures of the earth from space showing the earth is a sphere. There are no good arguments for a flat earth. Therefore people who profess it look like morons and no one wants to here about God from the village idiot.

SaulToPaul 2

You believing the earth is flat hurts your witness for Christ. After all... if a guy can be so dumb to buy this crap why should I believe him about who God is?

Ironically, I feel the same about those who buy what NASA is putting out. This thing goes both ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.