The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

FE itself might be over a hundred years old but it's not impossible for atheists to have astroturfed some of the conspiratorial stuff that FE Christians run with, like NASA faking everything. That is not impossible, and the result would be the same.

Would be interesting to find out who first claimed the Apollo program (and all the way back to Yuri Gargarin, for that matter) were faked.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is this another way of saying that you do not have the math skills required to do it? If you can't do the math then why would I listen to you when many scientists who routinely do the math have repeatedly demonstrated that their math accurately models the world around us and can be used to make useful predictions?

You claim that you have shown how videos depicting a globe Earth are wrong yet you have NEVER addressed why the sun and the moon are ALWAYS the same size as they traverse the sky from the time they rise to the time they set. You have attempted to explain why they set from the bottom up by using the vanishing point and have only succeeded in proving that you do not understand what the vanishing point is.

Nobody is going to listen to your critique of videos so it is time for you t step up and to the actual work and post that. Design your experiments, gather the data, analyze it and show that your experiment is correct. Keep in mind that your work will be reviewed and that you will have to defend it and may have to revise it just as every other scientist must do with their work.

Your job is to explain and defend your position including the math.

If you cannot explain why the test in the video did not factor the height of the observer, the telescope in this case, don't tell me that I have to figure out the math that you think explains it. That's your job. I don't think math has anything to do with it.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
FE itself might be over a hundred years old but it's not impossible for atheists to have astroturfed some of the conspiratorial stuff that FE Christians run with, like NASA faking everything. That is not impossible, and the result would be the same.

Would be interesting to find out who first claimed the Apollo program (and all the way back to Yuri Gargarin, for that matter) were faked.
It was first started by people with eyes and common sense.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
David, question for you:

Does God do more work than He has to to maintain something? Or is He allowed to use mechanisms that He created to keep things in motion?

For example: Would would be the point of God doing miracles on a daily basis protecting Abraham and his household of 70 people after sending them into Canaan, where it would be far easier to send them to and embed them into Egypt, where they could grow for 400 years to well over a million people, then take them out of Egypt and have them be able to defend themselves? Especially since, if you understand the whole Bible, miracles almost always produce unbelief, which would be counterproductive to His goals...

There is no answer for this, it's clearly an inconsistency in a theory. Gravity is a natural mechanism that God created to pull planets toward each other and he personally causes the planets to spin and orbit without having created a natural mechanism to accomplish the task.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is no answer for this, it's clearly an inconsistency in a theory. Gravity is a natural mechanism that God created to pull planets toward each other and he personally causes the planets to spin and orbit without having created a natural mechanism to accomplish the task.

--Dave
Um, that does absolutely nothing to address what I said...

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Though Dave pretends that he isn't convinced that the world is flat, he is convinced of that. He believes it is Biblical, and he is afraid that his whole belief system will come tumbling down if he admits that the earth is a globe. That is why he must ignore plain facts that would show him wrong. Repeatedly.

He is uneducated, and can't think logically, at least on this topic. It is possible that he gets an ego boost from thinking that he is smarter than all those professors and so-called "knowledgeable" folk out there.

He hasn't been convinced of his error yet. Nor will he ever be.

My belief system will not come tumbling down because it's not built an any particular cosmological model.

I have stated many times why I think flat earth has merit.

But what do I know about myself :idunno:

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave
Also, it's called momentum, that's what keeps things moving. Gravity just keeps things in orbit.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree with your analysis.

Although... I do think he will eventually discard the belief in the Flat Earth. Maybe not for a long time but he will. The truth is inevitable and it will eat at him until he gets too tired swimming upstream every day.

If flat earth is not true I certainly will reject it. I want you all to keep pounding away at it.

There are arguments you have made that make sense and I have said so, but there are arguments I have found and made that support flat earth that you all have not really debunked in my estimation.

I have spent three years doing what I enjoy doing, studying the history of a topic, cosmology in this case, and comparing opposing views.

I'm a jock too, and I knew I would get a good mental game out of all of you because I know you and have a high regard for your knowledge and debate skills.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Helium is lighter than air so it goes up, but you knew that so why ask? Water falls it is not "pulled down". That things fall down is because they have weight is an answer that needs no other explanation. The spinning globe obviously needs another answer, flat earth does not.

--Dave
What is weight? You need to explaine that.

Falling is the colequeal term for gravitational attraction. Can you explain to us what kinetic energy is?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Your job is to explain and defend your position including the math.

If you cannot explain why the test in the video did not factor the height of the observer, the telescope in this case, don't tell me that I have to figure out the math that you think explains it. That's your job. I don't think math has anything to do with it.

--Dave
It's your experiment, it is incumbent upon you to do the math required to defend that which you post. That is the rule in science and in debate. Your failure to defend your posts results renders your argument in valid.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One more reason why women are not to speak in church.

1 Corinthians 14:34
women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

1 Timothy 2:12
12I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

:down: TOL is not a church. You don't like females posting here, go find yourself another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.