Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's some sound reason applied to the Flat Earth Theory...

    https://kgov.com/faith-on-the-edge-flat-earth-interview

    Here's a link to the documentary discussed in the podcast. It costs all of a whole $14.99. If you believe the Earth is flat and you don't spend $15 to hear both empiracle and biblical arguments against that position then you need to stop lying to yourself about "taking the bible literally" or being scientific.

    "Faith On The Edge" Flat Earth Documentary



    sigpic
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

    Comment


    • sigpic
      "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

      Comment


      • So the question remains. Why do Christian flat earthers even discuss the science of it at all? It should be a case of "God said it, that's it."

        They should rely on their brief observations and end any discussion there. All questions or challenges should be met with "I don't care" and/or "the bible says such and such." If they discuss the topic at all rationally or scientifically they are just exposing the scam of their own belief.

        That would leave me to suppose that the best approach to any flat earther would be to ask if they believe the bible teaches a flat earth. At that point you can ignore them, or make fun of them, if they say they do.

        Does that make sense?
        Good things come to those who shoot straight.

        Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Yorzhik View Post
          So the question remains. Why do Christian flat earthers even discuss the science of it at all? It should be a case of "God said it, that's it."

          They should rely on their brief observations and end any discussion there. All questions or challenges should be met with "I don't care" and/or "the bible says such and such." If they discuss the topic at all rationally or scientifically they are just exposing the scam of their own belief.

          That would leave me to suppose that the best approach to any flat earther would be to ask if they believe the bible teaches a flat earth. At that point you can ignore them, or make fun of them, if they say they do.

          Does that make sense?
          They discuss the science of it because we have been created by, and in the likeness of, a rational God and so the idea that the existence in which we leave should make sense is intuitively felt by everyone, including Christians who have seemingly taken leave of their rational faculties.

          In short, they discuss it because they want the things that they blindly believe to make sense. The fact that it's contradictory doesn't enter into it.

          Or put another way, your observation is about what it would make sense for Christian flat-earthers to do. But Christian flat-earthers don't make any sense, so...

          Clete
          Last edited by Clete; May 19th, 2019, 07:38 AM.
          sigpic
          "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

          Comment


          • The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage




            5 minutes

            Comment


            • Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
              The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage

              5 minutes

              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage




                5 minutes

                Patrick, i know you just came back, but if you don't provide something substantive, I'm going to kick you from the thread.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                  The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage




                  5 minutes

                  Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                  Patrick, i know you just came back, but if you don't provide something substantive, I'm going to kick you from the thread.
                  And if you continue posting YouTube videos rather than contributing to the conversation in threads, I'm going to continue to give infractions.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    And if you continue posting YouTube videos rather than contributing to the conversation in threads, I'm going to continue to give infractions.
                    So no videos allowed on TOL?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                      So no videos allowed on TOL?
                      I didn't say that.

                      I said post something substantive. Linking to a YouTube video is not substantive. People are here on TOL to discuss ideas and beliefs with people, not watch conspiracy videos on YouTube.

                      If you would like to post a YouTube link, please provide a summary of which parts of the video you found to be compelling, and explain why here.

                      Comment


                      • I'll take a ban or an infraction for this because it's pretty solid in my opinion, even though I'm not as smart as the science experts here and about. This video shows real time footage @38,000 feet I believe. The pilot claims that he can see the most of the top ten peaks in the earth from a MINIMUM of 1,0000 miles away.

                        To be clear, the unassailable calculations clearly show that 1,000 miles away will be 126 miles BELOW the horizon or below the "curvature" that doesn't exist. In this video, if you pay attention for 5 excruciatingly long minutes, we see Mount Everest from a distance of 1,250 miles away, so even MORE than 126 miles below the curvature.

                        Can I find proof from even further away - visibility over 1,250 miles? Maybe, stay tuned.


                        So, if this is deleted and/or I receive an infraction it will be because this post and video shows too much irrefutable truth.

                        6 minutes

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                          I'll take a ban or an infraction for this because it's pretty solid in my opinion, even though I'm not as smart as the science experts here and about. This video shows real time footage @38,000 feet I believe. The pilot claims that he can see the most of the top ten peaks in the earth from a MINIMUM of 1,0000 miles away.

                          To be clear, the unassailable calculations clearly show that 1,000 miles away will be 126 miles BELOW the horizon or below the "curvature" that doesn't exist. In this video, if you pay attention for 5 excruciatingly long minutes, we see Mount Everest from a distance of 1,250 miles away, so even MORE than 126 miles below the curvature.

                          Can I find proof from even further away - visibility over 1,250 miles? Maybe, stay tuned.


                          So, if this is deleted and/or I receive an infraction it will be because this post and video shows too much irrefutable truth.
                          If you get banned it'll be because you basically asked for it and explicitly violated what you've been repeatedly told not to do.

                          I wouldn't watch your idiotic video for all the tea in China. You're stupid if you think the Earth is flat. The proof is the fact that you think the Earth is flat. Now, go away or post something that isn't a waste of bandwidth and time.
                          sigpic
                          "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Clete View Post
                            If you get banned it'll be because you basically asked for it and explicitly violated what you've been repeatedly told not to do.

                            I wouldn't watch your idiotic video for all the tea in China. You're stupid if you think the Earth is flat. The proof is the fact that you think the Earth is flat. Now, go away or post something that isn't a waste of bandwidth and time.
                            The flat earth argument has its foundation in the depths of lunacy. There is something a few feet deeper in that lunacy and that is conversing with a lunatic and expecting rational thought and reason. I gave up a few years ago, but can't seem to shake the lunatic.
                            I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                            "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                            I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                            A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                            If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                            Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                            I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Truster View Post
                              The flat earth argument has its foundation in the depths of lunacy. There is something a few feet deeper in that lunacy and that is conversing with a lunatic and expecting rational thought and reason. I gave up a few years ago, but can't seem to shake the lunatic.
                              There's no question that it is a modern day popular delusion but I was responding more to his asinine comment about being banned because his slober-mouthed stupidity in video form presented "too much irrefutable truth."
                              sigpic
                              "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Clete View Post
                                There's no question that it is a modern day popular delusion but I was responding more to his asinine comment about being banned because his slober-mouthed stupidity in video form presented "too much irrefutable truth."
                                The poor thing is manifesting behaviour that is gradually, but definitely more and more irrational. He expresses thoughts in public without thinking of the consequences to himself or others. I just hope that someone notices before he comes to any harm.
                                I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                                "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                                I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                                A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                                If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                                Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                                I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X