Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Catholicism All Religions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
    In Christianity the person you are born into this world as, has to die and then you are reborn a new creation in Christ. Until this happens all you works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God. Every so-called Christian needs to ask themselves one question - have I been truly converted or born-again in Christ? This is the difference between life and death, saved and lost, heaven and hell.
    Not to intrude, but your point lacks logic and is contradictory to itself.

    "All your works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God." Yet, "have I been truly converted or born again-in Christ" is a choice/decision. By your former claim, then such a decision is worthless on an eternal scale ("scale" not being a balancing scale).

    So either works, choices, decisions, etc. do matter or they don't. Such dichotomy present in your statement is paradoxical.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post
      Not to intrude, but your point lacks logic and is contradictory to itself.

      "All your works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God." Yet, "have I been truly converted or born again-in Christ" is a choice/decision. By your former claim, then such a decision is worthless on an eternal scale ("scale" not being a balancing scale).

      So either works, choices, decisions, etc. do matter or they don't. Such dichotomy present in your statement is paradoxical.


      Sent from my iPhone using TOL

      You would not understand what it means to be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, because you have never been there.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
        You would not understand what it means to be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, because you have never been there.
        Oh goodness gracious, Robert. Not again.

        How do you know jsanford108 hasn't been "born again"?

        Is it just if somebody doesn't agree with you about everything that you believe? Is that it?

        C'mon.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
          In Christianity the person you are born into this world as, has to die and then you are reborn a new creation in Christ.
          Amen!

          Until this happens all you works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God.
          Not sure I agree with that but I do have a question:

          If this is true from your earlier post:

          Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
          ... Under the new covenant God chooses and you are stuck with the results.

          Then why would anyone need to the following?:

          Every so-called Christian needs to ask themselves one question - have I been truly converted or born-again in Christ? This is the difference between life and death, saved and lost, heaven and hell.
          Peace.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
            You would not understand what it means to be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, because you have never been there.

            Romans 14:10
            10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

            Learn to read what is written.

            _____
            The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
            ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

            Comment


            • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
              Romans 14:10
              10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
              John encourages us to try the Spirits to see if they are of God, 1 John 4:1.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
                John encourages us to try the Spirits to see if they are of God, 1 John 4:1.
                And you fail when you speak against obeying Jesus.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                  And you fail when you speak against obeying Jesus.
                  You cannot hear God's word, so you remain in darkness.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                    Romans 14:10
                    10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
                    I don't consider Gt to be a sister in Christ.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by patrick jane View Post



                      I knew that I think. We have the righteousness of Christ Romans 5:1 KJV -

                      But we do still sin, don't we?
                      We still sin, yes, but we are not "sinners." before we were saved, sinner described who we are. After we were saved, we are no longer sinners, but saints. Our nature is no longer that of sinner, but that of saint. We still sin, but that's not who we are.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post
                        Please, if you will, provide a verse where the phrase "faith alone" appears in the Scriptures.


                        Sent from my iPhone using TOL
                        Ephesians 2:8-9

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bard_the_Bowman View Post
                          Let me ask you a quick question.

                          Can a person obtain salvation without having their sins forgiven?

                          Peace.
                          Yes.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post
                            And faith without works is dead (James 2).


                            Sent from my iPhone using TOL
                            Who was James writing to, J?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                              Who was James writing to, J?
                              Maybe he skipped past .....

                              James 1:1 KJV
                              (1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

                              We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                              They already know monsters exist.
                              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post
                                Now name calling? How Christian.
                                Christ called people names when appropriate.

                                Your statement of "Christians are justified by faith alone in Christ alone," absent of Scriptural evidence, and contrary to what is found in Scripture demonstrates a knowledge that your doctrine is wanting.
                                "Curse God and die" and "he went and hanged himself" and "go and do likewise" are in the Bible, but that doesn't mean we should.

                                The phrase "by faith alone" may not be in the Bible, but that doesn't mean that the concept is not there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X