Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Catholicism All Religions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
    I try not to answer stupid questions because the stupidity often rubs off on me and I become more stupid in the exchange. It's just a vicious circle.

    There are no degrees or steps in forgiveness. You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance.
    No need to get testy, man. It is just a question.

    But that's ok. Even though you don't want to answer it directly, you answered it indirectly when you said:

    "You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance."

    So when you speak of "faith alone" you obviously mean "faith and repentance". (The opposite of unbelief and unrepentance).

    That's cool. I agree with you that faith is necessary and that repentance is necessary. So we need to have belief and we need to be forgiven.

    Here's another question I would like you to answer please. Hopefully it isn't quite as stupid as my last question:

    Is it necessary for Christians to forgive others?

    Peace.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
      The only condition for salvation is faith in Christ and his Gospel, Galatians 3:2.
      Hey Robert,

      Just curious as to what you think about something.

      Does a person have to be forgiven of their sins to obtain salvation?

      Thanks.

      Peace.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Bard_the_Bowman View Post
        No need to get testy, man. It is just a question.

        But that's ok. Even though you don't want to answer it directly, you answered it indirectly when you said:

        "You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance."

        So when you speak of "faith alone" you obviously mean "faith and repentance". (The opposite of unbelief and unrepentance).

        That's cool. I agree with you that faith is necessary and that repentance is necessary. So we need to have belief and we need to be forgiven.

        Here's another question I would like you to answer please. Hopefully it isn't quite as stupid as my last question:

        Is it necessary for Christians to forgive others?

        Peace.
        Is it necessary for Protestants to believe in sola fide? Yes, otherwise you are Catholic or Orthodox.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
          Is it necessary for Protestants to believe in sola fide? Yes, otherwise you are Catholic or Orthodox.
          Wait, so you are saying that the reason to believe in sola fide is so that one can keep being a Protestant? Umm, ok, I guess.

          Although as I mentioned back in post #18, I think, Catholics and Protestants can be in agreement on sola fide depending on what is meant by that. For example, from what you have written, you believe there to be an element of faith AND an element of repentance on the part of the sinner. So your idea of "faith alone" includes faith AND repentance. That is fine if that is what you mean by "faith alone"...but just so you know...that puts you very much in line with Catholic teaching.

          Why didn't you answer my question about Christians and if they need to forgive others?

          I would be curious to see how you answer that. There is nothing to fear with a straightforward answer.

          I suspect we might find out that your idea of "faith alone" is even more in line with Catholic teaching than you think.

          You know, Catholics and Protestants hold much in common and that is ok.

          Peace.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Bard_the_Bowman View Post
            Wait, so you are saying that the reason to believe in sola fide is so that one can keep being a Protestant? Umm, ok, I guess.

            Although as I mentioned back in post #18, I think, Catholics and Protestants can be in agreement on sola fide depending on what is meant by that. For example, from what you have written, you believe there to be an element of faith AND an element of repentance on the part of the sinner. So your idea of "faith alone" includes faith AND repentance. That is fine if that is what you mean by "faith alone"...but just so you know...that puts you very much in line with Catholic teaching.

            Why didn't you answer my question about Christians and if they need to forgive others?

            I would be curious to see how you answer that. There is nothing to fear with a straightforward answer.

            I suspect we might find out that your idea of "faith alone" is even more in line with Catholic teaching than you think.

            You know, Catholics and Protestants hold much in common and that is ok.

            Peace.
            Your focus is solely on Christian living and what we 'do' to be acceptable in God's eyes. It is purely an external religion of works and deeds like the scribes and Pharisees had.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
              Your focus is solely on Christian living and what we 'do' to be acceptable in God's eyes. It is purely an external religion of works and deeds like the scribes and Pharisees had.
              Not true.

              My questions stem from your comment that God's love is given to repentant sinners. (post #20, I believe).

              You are the one that brought up repentance, not me.

              I am merely trying to understand what you mean by "faith alone" when it obviously isn't "alone".

              Included with faith/belief is at least an element of repentance, and an element of forgiveness and forgiving.

              Even though you won't answer questions directly, it seems "faith alone" so far means:

              Faith/belief AND repentance AND forgiving AND....what else I wonder? Probably love, I bet, if we looked at it.

              Peace.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by High Cherub III
                The Gospel is Calvinism- there will never be a more complete, fulfilling doctrine than Calvinism. Stop trying
                Heretic.

                The evangelism (gospel) is the power of Elohim unto salvation. Calvinism is not the evangelism. You have highlighted your complete ignorance as to what evangelism means.
                I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by High Cherub III
                  Calvinism defined, and continues to define, true Protestant belief; you're all the frauds, trying to be something you're not- have fun with that
                  You said that Calvinism IS the evangel and that is heresy. Any doctrine of man may well give an accurate definition of the doctrines of grace but that does not make it the evangel.
                  Pauls Epistle to the Romans is not the evangel and nobody, in their right mind, would say that it is. You go a step further into darkness by declaring the works of a man outside the canon of scripture is the evangel. If you are blind to this truth it is judicial blindness.
                  I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                  "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                  I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                  A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                  If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                  Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                  I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Bard_the_Bowman View Post
                    Not true.

                    My questions stem from your comment that God's love is given to repentant sinners. (post #20, I believe).

                    You are the one that brought up repentance, not me.

                    I am merely trying to understand what you mean by "faith alone" when it obviously isn't "alone".

                    Included with faith/belief is at least an element of repentance, and an element of forgiveness and forgiving.

                    Even though you won't answer questions directly, it seems "faith alone" so far means:

                    Faith/belief AND repentance AND forgiving AND....what else I wonder? Probably love, I bet, if we looked at it.

                    Peace.
                    Repentance is a gift so when I said God gives his love to repentant sinners it still falls within the happy and holy place of 'faith alone'.

                    When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life - Acts.11:18

                    Repentance is granted or given not ached out by wearing the skin off your knees in faithless prayer that bounces off the ceiling.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by High Cherub III
                      The Gospel is Calvinism- there will never be a more complete, fulfilling doctrine than Calvinism. Stop trying
                      The Lutheran gospel is the true gospel and the primary difference between Calvinism and Lutheranism is that Lutherans confess that Christ died for the whole world and his blood is the propitiation for all sin. Their gospel is closer to Christ's where faith is all important and the possibility of falling away is very real. You can't honestly look at the wretches on this forum and say believers don't fall away from truth.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
                        The Lutheran gospel is the true gospel and the primary difference between Calvinism and Lutheranism is that Lutherans confess that Christ died for the whole world and his blood is the propitiation for all sin. Their gospel is closer to Christ's where faith is all important and the possibility of falling away is very real. You can't honestly look at the wretches on this forum and say believers don't fall away from truth.
                        Your posts sicken me.
                        I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                        "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                        I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                        A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                        If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                        Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                        I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Truster View Post
                          Your posts sicken me.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                            You didn't answer the question:

                            [02-07, 08:07] Truster: What is it I should forgive you for?

                            [02-07, 06:37] patrick jane: So you forgive me Bluster?


                            For once in your life be truthful.
                            I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                            "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                            I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                            A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                            If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                            Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                            I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
                              The Lutheran gospel is the true gospel and the primary difference between Calvinism and Lutheranism is that Lutherans confess that Christ died for the whole world and his blood is the propitiation for all sin. Their gospel is closer to Christ's where faith is all important and the possibility of falling away is very real. You can't honestly look at the wretches on this forum and say believers don't fall away from truth.
                              Luther and Calvin both taught falseness.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by High Cherub III
                                John Calvin is very rough- he does not play with your ~shenanigans~
                                You enjoy becoming a smoking pile don't you?
                                High Cherub III
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                V

                                June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X