My convictions of my faith in Christ.

God's Truth

Jamie.... :)... !
Just a little problem that I need to clear up.

Earlier you made a big point about:-

Remember? And I asked you:-
Do you obey the Laws of Exodus, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, the 517 laws? (I have already excluded the 96 laws relevent to sacrifice.) These laws were layed down by Jesus, I'm guessing, and I guess that you must obey them?

..... and you replied:-

OK? so you interest in Jesus ordering Israelites to beseige a city and stab all males therein is just irrelevent stuff...... yeah?

..... just askin' :)

The Old Testament is about earthly man.

It is about prophecies of what was coming, Jesus Christ.

The New Testament is about what is spiritual.

The New Testament is the prophecies of the old fulfilled.

Jesus came to earth as a Man and gave us the new guidelines and regulations for the New Covenant.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I hope you forgive me for pointing out a tiny contradiction. How can I be a "christian" if I "misrepresent Christ"?

Because you claim to be a Christian. Everyone who claim His name presenting Jesus, some are true one and some are not.

marhig

Meshak has stated that "I don't KNOW if I'm saved." Therefore, she admits to NOT knowing the Gospel as preached by The Apostle Paul in Romans through Philemon.
Nor do I know that I'm eternally saved, Jesus said that those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved. I know that I'm saved from my old life in the flesh, and I'm being saved daily by the Holy Spirit helping me to overcome. But I leave me eternal salvation in God's hands.

Philippians 2

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God's Truth

Nor do I know that I'm eternally saved, Jesus said that those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved. I know that I'm saved from my old life in the flesh, and I'm being saved daily by the Holy Spirit helping me to overcome. But I leave me eternal salvation in God's hands.

Philippians 2

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Marhig,

You write beautifully and true things, but we can know now if we are saved, for if you do not know now that you are saved, what is there to hope for? How can you be saved in the end if you are not saved now?

Having a relationship with Jesus Christ now is salvation, and we shall be with him in the end, if we continue in him.

When Jesus comes again, we must be ready.

marhig

Do you believe that sinners Christ died for are still lost?

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
I believe the Christ lived for sinners, to preach the gospel to them, to heal and save as many as would believe in him, those who believe in the word of God and obey it, and he brought the love, life and light of God to all as he bore witness to the truth.

Romans 1

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

2 Thessalonians 2:13

But we are bound to give thanks always? to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

beloved57

I believe the Christ lived for sinners, to preach the gospel to them, to heal and save as many as would believe in him, those who believe in the word of God and obey it, and he brought the love, life and light of God to all as he bore witness to the truth.

Romans 1

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

2 Thessalonians 2:13

But we are bound to give thanks always? to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
You evaded the question.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

eider

The Old Testament is about earthly man.

It is about prophecies of what was coming, Jesus Christ.

The New Testament is about what is spiritual.

The New Testament is the prophecies of the old fulfilled.

Jesus came to earth as a Man and gave us the new guidelines and regulations for the New Covenant.

That's cool..... so if any Christians go cherry-picking in the OT to justify actions now, whilst ignoring OT laws etc that they don't like, then it's going to look absolutely wrong..... yeah?

It's all about integrity.

marhig

Marhig,

You write beautifully and true things, but we can know now if we are saved, for if you do not know now that you are saved, what is there to hope for? How can you be saved in the end if you are not saved now?

Having a relationship with Jesus Christ now is salvation, and we shall be with him in the end, if we continue in him.

When Jesus comes again, we must be ready.
Hi Gt,

Many who believed in Jesus turned away, we can turn back to our old life. We are sealed by the Spirit as long as we walk in the Spirit and worship God in Spirit and in truth and obey God. But if we turn back again to our old fleshly ways and put ourselves before God, then we are the ones who make the choice to put our lives before the will of God, and their are many who have done this, I know a couple who met in church, they have been together a long while, and they are now both atheists, are they eternally saved?

I hope that they will be, but we can't say that they are, I hope that they will turn to God again. We are just flesh, I pray to God always to keep me and to give me strength to overcome Satan every day, because I know that I can't do it without Christ and without the power of Gods Spirit in my heart. And I thank our Lord Jesus for showing us the way.

Many who profess to be saved love their flesh. You will know those who are truly being saved because they will be doers of the word and living by the will of God. If we're not, then we are just giving lip service and we are false witnesses.