John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
So did your TULIP :crackup:
Urantia philosophy is a herbicide and poisonous but God's words keeps blooming. Your ub book claims Jesus words in the bible is distorted. Your fake intelligence is easy to peel back.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Urantia philosophy is a herbicide and poisonous but God's words keeps blooming. Your ub book claims Jesus words in the bible is distorted. Your fake intelligence is easy to peel back.

Calvinism is not much better.

You might be better off in the judgment to believe in no God at all, than to believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born.

Jerry Shugart

I believe the difference (and I get to things differently at times than other Calvinists), is what His tasting accomplishes. It gives Him the right to impart life and to judge.

As God the Lord Jesus has that right just because He is God. That certainly does not answer why it is said that He tasted death for every man:

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb.2:9).​

An argument against Calvinism nearly always carries a sentiment toward universal salvation, which actually nullifies the death of Jesus Christ. Let me ask you this (sincerely and with a desire to understand): How do men get saved? By themselves?

No, not by themselves. The LORD commissions Christians to preach the gospel so that the unsaved can believe and be saved (Ro.10-17). I

The Calvinist (at least this is how it is with me) moved from description of 'how I was saved' to description of "How God saved me." I think if any man/woman describes "How God saved me" it will always sound Calvinistic.

Here Paul tells us exactly how we are saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

God's Truth

In all my days as a Christian, much before I'd even heard of Calvinism, I thought the bible taught that Christ died for His beloved sheep only and not every individual.

Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel means Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God. They were God's and He gave them to Jesus. See John 17:6. They were God's by faith and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus said when he is lifted up from the earth, then all can come to him to be saved. See John 12:32.

It is true that the gospel message is for those who fear God. See Acts 13:26.

Anyone can become a lamb. All can become sheep. You need to read how the Israelites are called heifers and God said they were NOT sheep. You should read how after they repent they will be forgiven and be like sheep.

In Hosea, the Israelites are like heifers. They are told to repent, and then they would be as lambs.

Hosea 4:16 The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Hosea 14:2 Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to him: "Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips.

Did you read that scripture? They come to God and ask for forgiveness, and they are forgiven. Now they are like lambs in a meadow.

We are even told unless we become like little children, we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

Hosea 4:16 The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Maybe some disciplining can take care of that.

Anyone can become as a lamb.

All it takes is humbleness, and obedience.

Jeremiah 31:18
"I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning: 'You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God.

Absolutely no mention of God saving people first to make them do right, as Calvinists teach.

God's Truth

Oh quite the contrary if you look at the teachings of Jesus himself, undistorted or unadded to by later traditional orthodox inventions and developments :) - your investment in Reformed Theology, I dont know how deep or ingrained it is even confounds things more) - if you knew the general precepts/propositions of Theosophy, even of the Blavatskian kind, ('theosophy in general can include the whole spectrum of ancient wisdom or perennial wisdom teachings universal to all traditions, the Theosophical Society is just one branch of this general catagory) per their ethical, moral and religious principles and chief aims and ideals, you would not make such a statement. You only do so because of your preconceived, presuppositional and prefigured religious bias and presumptions, on a complexity of levels. I've got many more years of study and so do any along the path Godward. The ancient wisdom is a perennial school, taking life-times to even progress in significant ways upon,...hence the divine providence of mutiple-life-experiences to engage in the process :)

A probable thread on Theosophy will come forth in due time ;)

You speak of love being God, but God is pure and sincere love, not just love. We get that pure and sincere love by being obedient to God. You are not obedient to God. You draw suspicion to the written word being corrupt; you go to other god's. God is a jealous God, and you just ignore that part and do what you want with other gods, which are demons.

To remain in God's love, we must obey Jesus' commandments.

John 15:10 "If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love."

God will not even love us unless we love His Son. Again, we do not love His Son unless we get his teachings and obey them. See John 14:23.

God doesn't even reveal His love to those who do not obey. See John 14:21.

beloved57

Calvinism is not much better.

You might be better off in the judgment to believe in no God at all, than to believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born.

You believe that sinners Christ died for still die in their sins in unbelief. That's a flat out denial that His Death saves and that He is Saviour of the World !

Robert Pate

Banned
You believe that sinners Christ died for still die in their sins in unbelief. That's a flat out denial that His Death saves and that He is Saviour of the World !

Many will die in their sins, because like you, they rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:15-18.

God's Truth

Many will die in their sins, because like you, they rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:15-18.

Do not be deceived.

Grace is being reconciled after you believe Jesus and repent your sins to him.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

beloved57

gt

Grace is being reconciled after you believe Jesus and repent your sins to him.

Big Lie. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His death while they are enemies Rom 5:10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Seasoned Theology......

Seasoned Theology......

It seems it is all about nit-picking and cherry picking when it comes to debate.

That's why it is meaningless to debate faith even using the scripture.

Yes,...In my fashion and approach its important to address and discuss principles, concepts, ideas/ideals, themes, ethics, values, the inner meanings behind words/symbols, allegories and the like. What is being subjectively communicated is most important. - your 'version' or 'caricature' of 'God' will be evaluated and judged by 'conscience' and then will undergo the strict scrutiny of love and wisdom. If it does resonate with the ideals of truth, beauty or goodness, and is wholly antithetical to love, it is unworthy of holding.

Some assume just because I dont quote scriptures all the time that my biblical knowledge is lacking, but I address them philosophically, and will quote a direct passage only when I deem it necessary. The Bible does not contain all knowledge, it is a collection of books limited to its own authors, cultural context and time-periods. Only the truths that are universal and eternal in it avail, all else is relative or no longer valid or pertinent to modern times.

So far we've exposed the insanity of Calvinism by addressing the points in TULIP and the 'preterition' doctrine where God abandons souls to perish or to suffer eternal hellfire, when he COULD offer them saving grace. This 'god' however does not CHOOSE to love some. His love therefore is arbitrary, fickle, partial and selective, it is NOT universally given or shared. Not all get to the 'privilege' of the benefits of his so called 'love'. This is the 'selfish' glory-indulging, self-aggrandizing 'god' of calvinism' - and I mean here most notably the 'hyper' forms of this system,....but the 'soft-boiled' variety seems to have the same cook, so its just a different sprinkling of seasoning, but the same kithcen of 'reformed logic'. Our concepts or images of 'God' are to ever to be tested, since we could be worshipping a false image, concept, caricature or personification of 'God', one of our own creation. Such a form of worship would be the most subtle form of self-deception, especially among those who have invested so much in the 'image' taking it to be reality.

See:

The God who abandons souls is NOT a God of love

Original Sin busted

The exegesis of hell...and the wilting of TULIP

Challenging Preterition

The 'god' who passes over you

~*~*~

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Actually discussing the subject......not diverting.......

Actually discussing the subject......not diverting.......

For those interested on what the UB teaches on free will and destiny -

A higher cosmic perspective on free will

Also readers will recognize that this poster is the one who keeps brining up issues on 'Urantia philosophy'. We have a thread here that discusses this subject specifically, you may be directed to inquiry and engage there :)

One of the most extensive records of the life, ministry and teachings are contained in Part 4 of that volume. The text shall speak for itself,....as all books stand on their own content to be evaluated by the reader.

My former post holds with linked commentary, which address our subject at hand most carefully.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes,...In my fashion and approach its important to address and discuss principles, concepts, ideas/ideals, themes, ethics, values, the inner meanings behind words/symbols, allegories and the like.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit. He does not say we know they by their doctrine.

Christian community seem to disregard Jesus' teachings, warnings and admonishment.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus says we know them by their fruit. He does not say we know they by their doctrine.

Christian community seem to disregard Jesus' teachings, warnings and admonishment.

Yes, our spiritual fruit and service is first and foremost.

'Doctrine' has its place however, but it must be consonant with the values and ethical principles of 'true religion', as defined by James....and generally described by the moral laws and codes in the scriptures that are always universally and eternally true regarding our relations with others.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
For those interested on what the UB teaches on free will and destiny -

A higher cosmic perspective on free will

Also readers will recognize that this poster is the one who keeps brining up issues on 'Urantia philosophy'. We have a thread here that discusses this subject specifically, you may be directed to inquiry and engage there :)

One of the most extensive records of the life, ministry and teachings are contained in Part 4 of that volume. The text shall speak for itself,....as all books stand on their own content to be evaluated by the reader.

My former post holds with linked commentary, which address our subject at hand most carefully.
The ub book fell apart when it said the bible isn't correct. The celestials tried to correct it but failed. We're not that dumb

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lon
Status
Not open for further replies.