The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Does God know how to make a burrito so hot that he can't eat it? Does God know how to put himself somewhere that he won't know how to escape from? Does God know how to spell the English word "blue" using only the letters X, Y, and Z?

There are such things that cannot be known, and it has application besides the concept of absurd contradiction tricks (like the examples that I picked to avoid controversy).
Name one thing that cannot be known by GOD that isn't a silly little parlor trick.

keypurr

Unless He chose to not know what no man was supposed to know. Just like He chose to take on the form of a servant and lay down His life for us. He certainly had to avoid using certain powers in order to be true to His humanity. God cannot die, but Jesus chose to do so. He is God, after all, and can do whatever He so desires.

Philippians 2:6-7
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

It was IN Jesus Christ.......the logos, express image, spirit son was IN Jesus and spoke through him. The logos BECAME flesh in the body prepared for him.

Php 2:5 Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited,
Php 2:7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form,
Php 2:8 he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death--even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 Therefore God also highly exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

popsthebuilder

Whether someone will choose to accept or reject Him.
Oh really?

Though we have freewill it is the Will of GOD that allows it and indeed gives it.

Do you really think GOD doesn't know what HIS creation will be used for ultimately, or where it will end up?

Did GOD know that Job would be without fault before HE instructed satan to inflict terrible grief upon him? Though satan understood not; all things ultimately work by the will of GOD.

Does GOD know the very elect cannot be ultimately swayed? And if HIS elect do what is known by GOD then will not all things be reconciled to GOD in HIS time.

Do you presume that GOD doesn't know HE is just and merciful. Is not even Egypt to be turned back to GOD?

peace

God's Truth

K.

Just ask if you need more.

peace

Job: 9. 20. If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.

Ephesians: 4. 1. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 11. And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14. That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16. From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. 17. This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18. Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19. Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20. But ye have not so learned Christ; 21. If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22. That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27. Neither give place to the devil. 28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Luke: 6. 39. And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? 40. The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. 41. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 42. Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. 43. For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 44. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. 45. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. 46. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47. Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48. He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Luke: 13. 25. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26. Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30. And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last. 32. And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. 33. Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. 34. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 35. Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Job was not yet made perfect by the blood of Christ.

As for the rest that you posted, nothing there about not teaching how Jesus' blood cleans us and makes us perfect and holy.

God's Truth

Lol.

Absolutely none of those singular out of context verses instruct us to proclaim our righteousness from the street corner to attract attention; weakening the faith of others and placing yourself above them.

There is nothing out of context with those scriptures.

Now explain how humble it is for you to assume that a Christian is saying to stand on a street corner yelling out anything?

Reign it in, brother.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh really?

Though we have freewill it is the Will of GOD that allows it and indeed gives it.

Do you really think GOD doesn't know what HIS creation will be used for ultimately, or where it will end up?

Did GOD know that Job would be without fault before HE instructed satan to inflict terrible grief upon him? Though satan understood not; all things ultimately work by the will of GOD.

Does GOD know the very elect cannot be ultimately swayed? And if HIS elect do what is known by GOD then will not all things be reconciled to GOD in HIS time.

Do you presume that GOD doesn't know HE is just and merciful. Is not even Egypt to be turned back to GOD?

peace

God's "elect" are called for a purpose, they are called to perform a task. The "elect" are not elected to be saved. They are elected to perform a role. It has nothing to do with salvation.

For example, Israel is God's elect lady, yet most of Israel died and went straight to Hell. What happened after the twelve spies returned? Most of Israel died in the wilderness in unbelief. Yet God had elected them out of Egypt. They were to be His people.

So yes, the "elect" can be swayed, and very easily so. Just because they are the elect does not mean they will be saved.

God knows that those who reject Him will be separated from Him for all of eternity. He knows that those who accept Him will be with Him forever. But He wouldn't have to blot out names out of the Book of Life. (Note: not to be confused with the "Book of Life of the Lamb"), because they would already be blotted out.

Something for you to consider: Revelation 21:27 states that no one shall enter into the New Jerusalem except those who have their name written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Did you catch that? Written.

popsthebuilder

Job was not yet made perfect by the blood of Christ.

As for the rest that you posted, nothing there about not teaching how Jesus' blood cleans us and makes us perfect and holy.
Please allow me to clarify my intent in posting said scripture;

First, please do show scripture saying Job wasn't always utterly obedient to GOD.

Second; my point with the remainder of the scripture I posted was not that the believer isn't made perfect; GOD forbid; but that they consider themselves as but servants and humble. If one lies or sins then they aren't in Christ.

Job wasn't speaking about himself specifically, but about any.

God's Truth

Please allow me to clarify my intent in posting said scripture;

First, please do show scripture saying Job wasn't always utterly obedient to GOD.
Why would I ever do that?

Second; my point with the remainder of the scripture I posted was not that the believer isn't made perfect; GOD forbid; but that they consider themselves as but servants and humble.
Right. However, it is not wrong to boast about what Jesus' blood does for us; it is not wrong to speak the truth.

If one lies or sins then they aren't in Christ.
If you lie, it doesn't automatically mean you are not in Christ. It might be something you need to work out.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Jesus intercedes for those who love him.
Job wasn't speaking about himself specifically, but about any.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross that was a major change in the universe.

God reconciles everything to Him, by the blood of the Lamb.

Rosenritter

Nonsense.

I can do it in my head. If I had a peice of paper..... Hold on a sec.

If little ole me can do this; then anything is absolutely possible for GOD if it were but HIS Will. You should tread very carefully when ascribing limits to the ALL MIGHTY.

Just friendly advise; you know I'm not condemning you..... right?

peace

A point is not a side. You can make anything "possible" if you define 2 + 2 = 5. A triangle has 3 sides and only 3 sides by definition.

Rosenritter

K.

Just ask if you need more.

peace

Spoiler

Job: 9. 20. If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.

Ephesians: 4. 1. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 11. And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14. That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16. From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. 17. This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18. Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19. Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20. But ye have not so learned Christ; 21. If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22. That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27. Neither give place to the devil. 28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Luke: 6. 39. And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? 40. The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. 41. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 42. Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. 43. For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 44. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. 45. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. 46. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47. Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48. He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Luke: 13. 25. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26. Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30. And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last. 32. And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. 33. Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. 34. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 35. Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

That's the "wall of text" attack I was mentioning earlier. The user of [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] tags can help, also good if you boldface the part that needs emphasis...

Rosenritter

Lol.

Absolutely none of those singular out of context verses instruct us to proclaim our righteousness from the street corner to attract attention; weakening the faith of others and placing yourself above them.

Luke 18:8-14 KJV
(8) I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
(9) And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Rosenritter

It is a shame when nonsense and illogic pose as knowledge and truth.

Thank you, you just admitted that illogic exists. The next step is to admit that there is such a thing as the truly impossible, which is the practical application of this example.

For example, God cannot force someone to love him against their will. That's a contradiction of terms. Just like the triangle with five (or five hundred) sides.

Rosenritter

Oh really?

peace

The definition of free will says that God cannot know that for us.

Genesis 22:11-12 KJV
(11) And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
(12) And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

One could reason that perhaps God tested Abraham so that Abraham would know that he feared God, but what God actually said was that this was needed so that God would know that Abraham feared God.