The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

genuineoriginal

Thete it is, folks. Everything you need to know about this Mormon idiot. He actually believes in other gods when God says He is alone.

No more time to waste on him. Outta here.
I am not a Mormon, and my statement is that the Bible mentions other gods a lot more times than it has verses used by Trinitarians to support the Trinity doctrine.

I suppose you have no more time to "waste" on God, since even He talks about other gods:

Deuteronomy 31:20
20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.​

popsthebuilder

Pops sounds like a follower of Keypurr. Perhaps, they
know each other and share a common bond of falsehood?
I follow God and God alone.

The masses lead astray who speak the name of Christ yet actually hold themselves far from his teachings should be worried. I do happen to agree with most things I have read of his, and am thankful to GOD that others eyes are opening by God's will.

I bet keypurr doesn't go around condemning people out of arrogance, pride and willful ignorance, opposed to the direct command of GOD and teachings of Christ.

Peace

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I follow God and God alone.

The masses lead astray who speak the name of Christ yet actually hold themselves far from his teachings should be worried. I do happen to agree with most things I have read of his, and am thankful to GOD that others eyes are opening by God's will.

I bet keypurr doesn't go around condemning people out of arrogance, pride and willful ignorance, opposed to the direct command of GOD and teachings of Christ.

Peace

Pops, I believe you have some anger issues, resentment, hatred,
jealousy, condemning attitude towards your superiors, and some
deep rooted personality flaws. You ought to feel honored to be on
the same public forum as myself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am not a Mormon, and my statement is that the Bible mentions other gods a lot more times than it has verses used by Trinitarians to support the Trinity doctrine.

I suppose you have no more time to "waste" on God, since even He talks about other gods:

Deuteronomy 31:20
20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.​

Hopefully, you're being sarcastic, angry, or just plain ignorant. Jesus
wasn't speaking of actual "gods" that exist. He was speaking of idols
that some people worshiped. He gave no credence that these, so
called "gods" truly existed or had any power.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Apostle Paul is talking about Jesus Christ and the Godhead here:

Colossians 2:9-10 KJV For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

The "Godhead" is plural, so there isn't much of a mystery here. Almighty God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - yet the Three are ONE. This portion of Scripture also clearly states that Jesus Christ is God. Triune and trinity simply indicate three, and that's what the Holy Trinity is - THREE - yet the Three are ONE. I'd love to hear your definition of the "Godhead".

Excellent as usual.

genuineoriginal

Hopefully, you're being sarcastic, angry, or just plain ignorant. Jesus
wasn't speaking of actual "gods" that exist. He was speaking of idols
that some people worshiped. He gave no credence that these, so
called "gods" truly existed or had any power.
Actually, I am making a point about what is found in the scripture.

Jesus Himself made a point about the use of the word "god".

John 10:25-36
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

The point Jesus was making is that He can be called a god even if He is a man.

But He also made sure that the listeners understood that He was calling Himself the Son of God and was not making Himself God.

popsthebuilder

Pops, I believe you have some anger issues, resentment, hatred,
jealousy, condemning attitude towards your superiors, and some
deep rooted personality flaws. You ought to feel honored to be on
the same public forum as myself.
I am pleased to be here. Not because the likes of you are though.

I am humble.

You seem to be quite conceited and prideful, both of which are not traits of Christians. I have a problem with privilege and prejudice. They can anger me I suppose. Not the people so much as the acts.

Peace

genuineoriginal

The catholic church is a mess
Yes.
The main reason for this is that they hold the doctrines of men in higher esteem than the scriptures.

Catholics tend to believe the Pope is infallible, Protestants tend to believe the scriptures are infallible, but the problems with both groups can usually be traced to them believing the doctrines of Augustine instead of the record of scripture.

Apple7

Owned yet again...

Owned yet again...

You seem to be quite ignorant of Hebrew suffixes.
I am not.
You are only fooling yourself.
עשַֹׁיִךְ is singular possessive, not plural.

You are utterly clueless...

Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament

It was no real widowhood, however, but only an apparent one (Jeremiah 51:5), for the husband of Jerusalem was living still, “For thy husband is thy Creator; Jehovah of hosts is His name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; God of the whole earth is He called.” The plurals בעליך and עשׂיך(see at Isaiah 22:11) are to be explained from the plural ('Elōhı̄m), which is connected with plural attributes in Joshua 24:19; 1 Samuel 17:26, Ps. 58:12 (compare מרימיו in Isaiah 10:15), and with plural predicates in Genesis 20:13; Genesis 35:7, and 2 Samuel 7:23. By such expressions as these, which represent all the plurality of the divine nature as inherent in the One, the religion of revelation, both Israelitish and Christian, exhibits itself as embodying all that is true in polytheism. He who has entered into the relation of husband to Jerusalem (בעליך, not בעליך, Isaiah 1:3) is the very same through whom she first came into existence, the God whose bidding the heavenly hosts obey; and the Redeemer of Jerusalem, the Holy One of Israel, is called the God of the whole earth, and therefore has both the power and the means to help her, as prompted by the relation of love which exists between them.

genuineoriginal

You are utterly clueless...

Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament

It was no real widowhood, however, but only an apparent one (Jeremiah 51:5), for the husband of Jerusalem was living still, “For thy husband is thy Creator; Jehovah of hosts is His name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; God of the whole earth is He called.” The plurals בעליך and עשׂיך(see at Isaiah 22:11) are to be explained from the plural ('Elōhı̄m), which is connected with plural attributes in Joshua 24:19; 1 Samuel 17:26, Ps. 58:12 (compare מרימיו in Isaiah 10:15), and with plural predicates in Genesis 20:13; Genesis 35:7, and 2 Samuel 7:23. By such expressions as these, which represent all the plurality of the divine nature as inherent in the One, the religion of revelation, both Israelitish and Christian, exhibits itself as embodying all that is true in polytheism. He who has entered into the relation of husband to Jerusalem (בעליך, not בעליך, Isaiah 1:3) is the very same through whom she first came into existence, the God whose bidding the heavenly hosts obey; and the Redeemer of Jerusalem, the Holy One of Israel, is called the God of the whole earth, and therefore has both the power and the means to help her, as prompted by the relation of love which exists between them.

It is obvious from your quote that the people making the comment only believe the singular possessive nouns are plural because they want them to be plural, and reference Elōhı̄m, which is a plural noun, as justification.

In doing so, they completely ignore Hebrew grammar of the words, and impose a new rule they made up that is never found anywhere else in Hebrew writing.