The Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jamie View Post
    Our Father sent Christ to become a human Son born of woman and named Jesus. But why? Why did God send Christ?

Jesus explains, "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel" (Mark 1:15 NKJV)

The kingdom of God is not of this physical dimension (John 18:36).

Jesus was baptized and anointed by the holy spirit appearing as a dove. Jesus was anointed as a priest of the order of Melchizedek. He had to wait until he was thirty to serve as a priest (Numbers 4:3 NKJV)

With regard to his kingdom he is the firstborn of the dead (Colossians 1:18 NKJV).
    Yep, but keep in mind that the spirit spoke through Jesus. It was the spirit that came with the light. It was the spirit that heald the sick. It was the flesh that went to the cross.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
      You have no proof. No more be need said.
      My proof is the Bible itself.
      It is clear that you reject the Bible when it does not agree with the doctrines of men that you were taught.
      Learn to read what is written.

_____
      The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
      ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by WonderfulLordJesus View Post
        What is it you like about the Arian heresy? Is it the way cults make people feel special, the egoism the likes of Jehovah's Witnesses thrive on, believing you're God's special little creatures? But if you're only special, off there in your own corner, because of error, doesn't this more make you especially ignorant? This doesn't seem a good sort of special. I'd rather be one in the crowd, if it means truth and being in touch with reality. It's neither a very good sign, that you don't know who your God is, since the Holy Spirit doesn't drop links. Just a thought.
        I was in the crowd til I found out they were on the wrong road.

The Christian faith is not up for a vote. The doctrines was set in God's words. After seventy years of prayerful study I feel that I have been shown more than most on certain aspects of scripture. I see the errors of the early church fathers. The ones who thought the world was flat. If you wish to follow the crowd, do so. It's not true enough for me anymore. I wish you well, but if you wish to please God I think you need to get away from the crowd.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
          It is clear that you reject the Bible when it does not agree with the doctrines of men that you were taught.
          You can see the graphic I've been posting. Good, I was wondering. Right click on it and save it to your desktop, then open it with Paint. You can then read it and reply to it at the same time. And when you do, please answer this question: which part of that graphic is the doctrines of men?
          "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
          Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
          By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

• Originally posted by keypurr View Post
            Yep, but keep in mind that the spirit spoke through Jesus.
            The Spirit spoke to and through men from day one. Christ was sent to proclaim God's kingdom.

And so it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
              Spare me the hogwash.

John 1:14 English Standard Version (ESV)

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
              What was the WORD before it became flesh?

No hogwash, just scripture and common sense, answer the question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                Do you want to be proved false right now. From CARM.org

Plurality of God in the Old Testament
                Let's take a look at the actual verses and see if CARM is making things up again.

Gen. 1:26, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'"
                Angels do not create.
                We are not made in the image of angels.
                There is no place in the OT where a leader refers to himself with the term "us."
                Gen. 3:22, "Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever--'"
                Gen. 11:7, "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech."
                . . .
                Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!'"
                I already mentioned those four verses are the only ones that can be used for a Trinitarian view.

Amos 4:10-11, “I sent a plague among you after the manner of Egypt; I slew your young men by the sword along with your captured horses, And I made the stench of your camp rise up in your nostrils; Yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord [YHWH]. 11 “I overthrew you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, And you were like a firebrand snatched from a blaze; Yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord."
                Verse 10 is clearly from a Unitarian viewpoint.
                Verse 11 has the Lord (YHVH) referring to something God did, so you can add it to the list.

Gen. 19:24, "Then the Lord [YHWH] rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord [YHWH] out of heaven."
                That is clearly a verse from a Unitarian viewpoint.
                Psalm 45:6-7, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. 7 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of joy above Your fellows."
                This is quoted in Heb. 1:8, "But of the Son He [God] says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom."
                That is clearly a verse from a Unitarian viewpoint speaking about God and His Son, who God anointed above the Son's fellows.
                Since God did not anoint the Son above Himself, the Son's fellows are not God, so the Son would be lower than God.

Isaiah 48:16, "Come near to Me [God], listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit.”
                Another verse written from a Unitarian viewpoint. Isaiah is clearly saying that God sent him.

And how many other verses allude to the Triunity of God?
                None?

You found 167 words out of the 622,771 words in the Old Testament.
                It appears that my initial estimate was a little off.

Here is my new estimate:
                The NASB Bible contains 807,361 words.
                Of those, about 806,500 words are clearly Unitarian.

All the words in the scriptures that are used to support a Trinitarian view fall into the remaining 861 or so words.

There, you now have 500 more words to fill with verses that can be used to support a Trinitarian view.

That still leaves the overwhelming majority of the Bible as Unitarian.

So, instead of my initial estimate that 99.95528642% of the Bible is completely Unitarian, the new estimate is that 99.89335626% of the Bible is completely Unitarian.

I am sure that you are much happier to know that a tenth of one percent of the words in the Bible can be used to support a Trinitarian view instead of only four one hundredths of a percent.

_____
                The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by musterion View Post
                  You can see the graphic I've been posting. Good, I was wondering. Right click on it and save it to your desktop, then open it with Paint. You can then read it and reply to it at the same time. And when you do, please answer this question: which part of that graphic is the doctrines of men?
                  I found the same questions in another post you had written and answered them here.

It appears that the entire graphic is the doctrines of men, since each question is refuted by the scriptures.

_____
                  ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by jamie View Post
                    The Spirit spoke to and through men from day one. Christ was sent to proclaim God's kingdom.

And so it is.
                    Do not confuse the Holy Spirit with the spirit son, that are not the same.

Comment

Denying the only Lord God?
                      God is my Lord, and I do not deny that.

Denying our Lord Jesus Christ?
                      Jesus Christ is also my Lord, and I do not deny that, either.

God is the Lord of my Lord Jesus Christ, as it is written:

1 Corinthians 11:3
                      3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Do you believe that the head of Christ is God?
                      Or are you still denying that the head of Christ is God?
                      Paul wasn't talking about Lordship there.
                      1 Cor. 3:7
                      For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Rather he was speaking of order.....the woman coming out from the man, as Christ "came out from God".

Gen. 2:2-3
                      And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

John 16:27KJV
                      For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

In the beginning the Word was with God and was God. John 1:1-3
                      He came out from God, became flesh and dwelt among us. The head of Christ is God.

Adam was created by the Lord Jesus Christ (by Him were all things created... Col. 1:15-16KJV The head of Adam is Christ (who created all things),

The woman came out of man. The head of woman is man.

Comment

You've been shown this many times. The Word was God from the beginning. John 1:1KJV

That you keep calling our Lord and Saviour an "IT" is what proves you have no Saviour as yet.

That blood HE is dripping with was shed for you and you call HIM an IT?
                        Revelation 19:13
                        And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Comment

I found the same questions in another post you had written and answered them here.
                          Peurile. The context of the graphic is God, Christ and the Spirit. You pretended to misunderstand that so you could avoid refuting it point be point, as an honest person would do.

Someone else please take a look at the link he just posted and tell me if I'm wrong.
                          "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                          Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                          By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Jesus and not believing so makes you a heretic, non-believer.
                            He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Let's take a look at the actual verses and see if CARM is making things up again.

I already mentioned those four verses are the only ones that can be used for a Trinitarian view.

Verse 10 is clearly from a Unitarian viewpoint.
                              Verse 11 has the Lord (YHVH) referring to something God did, so you can add it to the list.

That is clearly a verse from a Unitarian viewpoint.

That is clearly a verse from a Unitarian viewpoint speaking about God and His Son, who God anointed above the Son's fellows.
                              Since God did not anoint the Son above Himself, the Son's fellows are not God, so the Son would be lower than God.

Another verse written from a Unitarian viewpoint. Isaiah is clearly saying that God sent him.

None?

You found 167 words out of the 622,771 words in the Old Testament.
                              It appears that my initial estimate was a little off.

Here is my new estimate:
                              The NASB Bible contains 807,361 words.
                              Of those, about 806,500 words are clearly Unitarian.

All the words in the scriptures that are used to support a Trinitarian view fall into the remaining 861 or so words.

There, you now have 500 more words to fill with verses that can be used to support a Trinitarian view.

That still leaves the overwhelming majority of the Bible as Unitarian.

So, instead of my initial estimate that 99.95528642% of the Bible is completely Unitarian, the new estimate is that 99.89335626% of the Bible is completely Unitarian.

I am sure that you are much happier to know that a tenth of one percent of the words in the Bible can be used to support a Trinitarian view instead of only four one hundredths of a percent.
                              He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by musterion View Post
                                Peurile. The context of the graphic is God, Christ and the Spirit. You pretended to misunderstand that so you could avoid refuting it point be point, as an honest person would do.

Someone else please take a look at the link he just posted and tell me if I'm wrong.
                                Both Trinitarians and Unitarians hate these verses:

Exodus 15:11
                                11 Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Exodus 18:11
                                11 Now I know that the Lord is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.

Exodus 23:32-33
                                32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.
                                33 They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me: for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee.

Deuteronomy 6:14
                                14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;

This last one puts the rest into perspective, as far as I can tell.

Deuteronomy 10:17
                                17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

_____
                                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Working...
                                X