The Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Look at the whole definition and put it in context. In that we will exist forever yes, we will be eternal. To the fullest extent of the meaning of the word, no.
    Check out Websters my friend. The word eternal is used both ways.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• The Lord Jesus is in a glorified body. He will carry his scars for all eternity, hallelujah!
      He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• BR, will we have eternal life someday?

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by keypurr View Post
          Check out Websters my friend. The word eternal is used both ways.
          Do you claim to have the eternal attribute of God! I believe that you have a good heart but your theology is amiss. Your bad theology is going to trump your good heart. Is there anyone on this site that has the thoughts that you do?

Jim Elliot

Comment

You do not take the simplicity of what they mean. Jesus is without beginning and without end. He is eternal.
            Read the first chapters of Matthew, Jesus was born, that was his beginning. He was a man BR. GOD CAN NOT DIE.

Comment

BR, will we have eternal life someday?
              I already have eternal life. It began when I accepted Jesus, God the Son, as Savior.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                Your paganism infects your every thought.

I have discarded the pagan traditions of the church RD.

Jesus Christ is my Lord but only his Father is my God. I have the same God that Jesus has. You don't.

Comment

Do you claim to have the eternal attribute of God! I believe that you have a good heart but your theology is amiss. Your bad theology is going to trump your good heart. Is there anyone on this site that has the thoughts that you do?
                  A few of us are chosen to see it friend.

You just have a problem seeing what is written in scripture, you let others tell you what to see. God's first creation was his spirit son. You will never fully understand his words until you see that. Jesus came many years later.

Comment

A few of us are chosen to see it friend.

You just have a problem seeing what is written in scripture, you let others tell you what to see. God's first creation was his spirit son. You will never fully understand his words until you see that. Jesus came many years later.
                    Whom per say if I may ask. Just wondering.

Jim Elliot

Comment

He is firstborn of all creation/creatures.
                      Our Father sent Christ to become a human Son born of woman and named Jesus. But why? Why did God send Christ?

Jesus explains, "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel" (Mark 1:15 NKJV)

The kingdom of God is not of this physical dimension (John 18:36).

Jesus was baptized and anointed by the holy spirit appearing as a dove. Jesus was anointed as a priest of the order of Melchizedek. He had to wait until he was thirty to serve as a priest (Numbers 4:3 NKJV)

With regard to his kingdom he is the firstborn of the dead (Colossians 1:18 NKJV).

Comment

• I think you should be able to tell that from their posts. Who are they that post about spirits? Not to many for sure, and that is to bad for we engage spirits everyday in our lives. If Christ is in you it is by the spirit. What I think helps to confuse folks is the way the Greek and Hebrew has been translated spirit. God did his work through his spirit son. The spirit son came from heaven, not Jesus, he was born, he is flesh. Jesus was created to hold the spirit son and die on a cross. The spirit in him is a form of God given the fullness of the Father. He is a God not the most high God. Scripture is clear that Jesus Christ is the son of the most high God.

Paul states that we have one God AND one Lord, believe him.

Comment

I already have eternal life. It began when I accepted Jesus, God the Son, as Savior.
                          Amen, it began.

Comment

I think you should be able to tell that from their posts. Who are they that post about spirits? Not to many for sure, and that is to bad for we engage spirits everyday in our lives. If Christ is in you it is by the spirit. What I think helps to confuse folks is the way the Greek and Hebrew has been translated spirit. God did his work through his spirit son. The spirit son came from heaven, not Jesus, he was born, he is flesh. Jesus was created to hold the spirit son and die on a cross. The spirit in him is a form of God given the fullness of the Father. He is a God not the most high God. Scripture is clear that Jesus Christ is the son of the most high God.

Spare me the hogwash.

John 1:14 English Standard Version (ESV)

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Amen, it began.
                              You're still confused I see. Our eternality is different from the Father's.

Jim Elliot

Comment

I think you should be able to tell that from their posts. Who are they that post about spirits? Not to many for sure, and that is to bad for we engage spirits everyday in our lives. If Christ is in you it is by the spirit. What I think helps to confuse folks is the way the Greek and Hebrew has been translated spirit. God did his work through his spirit son. The spirit son came from heaven, not Jesus, he was born, he is flesh. Jesus was created to hold the spirit son and die on a cross. The spirit in him is a form of God given the fullness of the Father. He is a God not the most high God. Scripture is clear that Jesus Christ is the son of the most high God.

What is it you like about the Arian heresy? Is it the way cults make people feel special, the egoism the likes of Jehovah's Witnesses thrive on, believing you're God's special little creatures? But if you're only special, off there in your own corner, because of error, doesn't this more make you especially ignorant? This doesn't seem a good sort of special. I'd rather be one in the crowd, if it means truth and being in touch with reality. It's neither a very good sign, that you don't know who your God is, since the Holy Spirit doesn't drop links. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X