The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

The Triune God IS one God.

Sounds like you are fighting a strawman of your very own creation.

I bet that you can't even tell us what you think The Trinity even is...

The context of that passage mentions Theos, Father, Truth (Son) and Spirit.

The Trinity.

Had you bothered to study Greek, then you would have realized that ALL NT locations of 'The Truth' have Jesus as the subject.

So.....dream on Trinity-denier...

bet that you can't even tell us what you think The Trinity even is...

Nope I can't, because there's no such thing!

So.....dream on Trinity-denier...

Yes, that I am!

To worship the father in spirit and in truth is to love God with our whole heart, to walk in the spirit and bare witness to the truth.

Yes Jesus is the truth, and if the spirit of God is in our hearts, then we will bare witness to the truth and others will see Christ in us.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

I would say that your salvation depends on the love in your heart for God, his Son and mankind. That is fulfilling his law. Loving God is obey him, not for personal gain, but out of love and respect for he is the creator.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

The above is you saying that Jesus Christ and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary is not finished and you have to help Him finish what He already said, that 'It is finished'!

lifeisgood

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit,

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit,

Now, in CONTEXT Ephesians 4:4 — There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling.

It is the body of the called-out believers and one Holy Spirit, Who always works through the finished legal work of the Cross of Calvary [Jn. 16:13–14]; therefore, faith in anything else but the Cross of Calvary is not of the Holy Spirit, but rather of spirits. Our total hope has to be in Christ Jesus and what He has done for us at the Cross of Calvary. That is our ‘one’ and only ‘hope’.

====

Now, in CONTEXT 2 Corinthians 3:17 — Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty.

From the context of Exodus 34:34, when Paul says that the Lord is the Spirit, he is saying that the Holy Spirit is God, just as Jesus and the Father are.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

You are badly mistaken for not knowing Jesus is Spirit.

Scriptures that say Jesus is the Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

From the CONTEXT of Exodus 34:34, when Paul says that the Lord is the Spirit, he is saying that the Holy Spirit is God, just as Jesus and the Father are.

The Spirit of Jesus Christ lives in us.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

From the CONTEXT Paul is asking the Corinthian Christians to consider a sobering question: "Are you really a Christian?"

If Jesus is not Spirit, how does he live in our hearts?

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

The Holy Spirit can be called the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, or linked to God the Father. This is because the nature of God is consistent among the persons of the Trinity.

Here, the Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of His Son because the idea of our sonship is based on Jesus' sonship.

Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

Why do we need spiritual strength to let Christ dwell within us? It is because there is something in us that resists the influence of the indwelling Jesus. That something can be conquered as the Spirit of God gives us the victory of faith. (https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_Eph/Eph_3.cfm?a=1100017)

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

Did you read that? Jesus is the last Adam. The scripture says he is a life-giving SPIRIT.

a. The first perfect man, Adam, gave us one kind of body; the second perfect man (Jesus, the last Adam) can give us another kind of body. He is a life-giving spirit.

b. We have all borne the image of the first Adam, and those who put their trust in the last Adam will also bear His resurrection image. From the first Adam, we all are made of dust, but from the last Adam we can be made heavenly. For believers, the promise is sure: we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
(https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_1Cr/1Cr_15.cfm?a=1077045)

This scripture says the Spirit gives life; see 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Another example of you taking a verse out of its perfect context. The context is the contrast between the Law and the Spirit. All the Law can do is kill, however, the Spirit gives life and does so through Christ and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary [Rom. 8:1–2]).

Jesus gives life! John 5:21.

Yes, He does through His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary.

Jesus is the Spirit. All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

All verses taken out of its perfect context. You’re an expert in taking verses out of its perfect context making pretexts.

God's Truth

Yes, God's word is true including when you read the word out of its perfect CONTEXT; however, doing such you are making the word null and void for you and the ones you are conversing with.

What you say is no argument, it only shows you have no argument.

Try to prove it that I have done that.

God's Truth

Now, in CONTEXT Ephesians 4:4 — There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling.

It is the body of the called-out believers and one Holy Spirit, Who always works through the finished legal work of the Cross of Calvary [Jn. 16:13–14]; therefore, faith in anything else but the Cross of Calvary is not of the Holy Spirit, but rather of spirits. Our total hope has to be in Christ Jesus and what He has done for us at the Cross of Calvary. That is our ‘one’ and only ‘hope’.

You just tried to nullify the scriptures.
The scripture says one Spirit. Why don’t you believe that scripture?
Read this scripture, it is ANOTHER scripture that says there is one Spirit:

Ephesians 2:18
For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

We have access to the Father by ONE SPIRIT.
That proves The Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit of Jesus are all THE SAME ONE SPIRIT.

Now, in CONTEXT 2 Corinthians 3:17 — Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty.

From the context of Exodus 34:34, when Paul says that the Lord is the Spirit, he is saying that the Holy Spirit is God, just as Jesus and the Father are.
No, he is saying exactly what he said. He says the Lord IS THE SPIRIT.

lifeisgood

You just tried to nullify the scriptures.
The scripture says one Spirit. Why don’t you believe that scripture?
Read this scripture, it is ANOTHER scripture that says there is one Spirit:

Ephesians 2:18
For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

We have access to the Father by ONE SPIRIT.
That proves The Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit of Jesus are all THE SAME ONE SPIRIT.

No, he is saying exactly what he said. He says the Lord IS THE SPIRIT.

Another proof that you just throw CONTEXT out the window

Right Divider

Body part
The grace of God means we do not have to sacrifice animals just to go to the temple to worship God, because Jesus is the Lamb and we become the temple.

God's grace is not, "We no longer have to obey".

That is laughable if it were not so serious.
Like I said before.... You do not have the slightest clue what the gospel of the grace of God is.

It is NOT no more ceremonial laws (which Gentiles NEVER had in the first place).

It is about God forgiving ALL sin by the blood of Christ without any works whatsoever. But you don't accept God's grace, so you are not in the BoC.

God's Truth

Like I said before.... You do not have the slightest clue what the gospel of the grace of God is.

It is NOT no more ceremonial laws (which Gentiles NEVER had in the first place).

Who said MORE ceremonial law? Stay focused, and don't make up things.

It is about God forgiving ALL sin by the blood of Christ without any works whatsoever. But you don't accept God's grace, so you are not in the BoC.

It is power and safety to do what Jesus says, it is life, it is food, it is Spirit.

God's Truth

You, gt, deny the CONTEXT and that has been proven more than once.
When, you, gt, deny the CONTEXT of the Scripture you are citing, you have nullified its instruction.

You go against obeying Jesus. Which part of what Jesus says do you want to stall on today? Is it to be humble? Is it to forgive others? Is it to not steal? Commit adultery? lol

Right Divider

Body part
Who said MORE ceremonial law? Stay focused, and don't make up things.
It was a TYPING mistake. We were NEVER justified by ANY law keeping.

You try to divide the law into TWO parts. God does NOT.

It is power and safety to do what Jesus says, it is life, it is food, it is Spirit.
We in the BoC are saved UNTO good works. Good works will NOT earn you salvation no matter how hard you work.

You are outside the faith.

God's Truth

It was a TYPING mistake. We were NEVER justified by ANY law keeping.

You try to divide the law into TWO parts. God does NOT.

We in the BoC are saved UNTO good works. Good works will NOT earn you salvation no matter how hard you work.

You are outside the faith.

lol You are saved UNTO good works? That is right, invite a poor person to dinner. HOWEVER, we are NOT saved UNLESS WE OBEY JESUS and that means REPENT OF YOUR SINS!!!

lifeisgood

You go against obeying Jesus. Which part of what Jesus says do you want to stall on today? Is it to be humble? Is it to forgive others? Is it to not steal? Commit adultery? lol

You mean, like you, gt, say:
"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I obey everything Jesus says...."-Courtesy of Saint John W

Do I need to go hunt for the quote(s) where you say you CANNOT obey Jesus as you so vociferously say that you do? It will take me a while but I will find it if you want me to.

I think I am going to start saving your quotes as Saint John W does so that I can have them on the ready so as not to waste time looking for them.

You can start OBEYing Jesus by entering into His rest as He says for you to obey.

Last edited: