How the Gospel Makes Calvinism, Catholicism, All Religions as Worthless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
    Those Christ Lived for, kept the Law for are Righteous. Are you saying that someone who has obeyed God's Law perfectly is not Righteous ?

By the Obedience of One, Many are made Righteous Rom 5:19, now are you calling God a Liar ?
    True, but Jesus is not going to believe for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
      He kept the Law for them He Lived and died for. Didnt He believe while doing that ? Scripture says He believed/Trusted Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

In order to keep the Law, you must first believe in God !
      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

You are an unfortunate person. You have gone down to the city dump to find pearls and precious gems, when all of the time they were in your pocket.
        You can go ahead and just apply all that to yourself.

Posts #2 and #12.
        "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
          You can go ahead and just apply all that to yourself.

Posts #2 and #12.
          I don't think that Pate has any room for gems in his pocket. They are already filled with slander and false witness.
          Omniscience limited
          Prophetic guesses
          Election by observation
          No future yet

Comment

Originally posted by fishrovmen View Post
            I don't think that Pate has any room for gems in his pocket. They are already filled with slander and false witness.
            Your as blind as a bat.

Comment

This foolish statement is like saying Christ did not obey the Law for them !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

This foolish statement is like saying Christ did not obey the Law for them !
                The law has nothing to do with faith and believing. Instead of twisting and perverting the scriptures, why don't you just try believing them.

"He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that does not believe is condemned already, because he does not believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:18.

Comment

The law has nothing to do with faith and believing. Instead of twisting and perverting the scriptures, why don't you just try believing them.

"He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that does not believe is condemned already, because he does not believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:18.
                  If Jesus kept the Law for them He had Faith for them, for Faith is that which ought to have been done!Matt 23:23 ! You calling Jesus Christ a liar, a deceiver?

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

If Jesus kept the Law for them He had Faith for them, for Faith is that which ought to have been done!Matt 23:23 ! You calling Jesus Christ a liar, a deceiver?

You have 0 scripture that says Jesus has faith for us.

You keep coming up with these Calvinist fairy tales.

Comment

You have 0 scripture that says Jesus has faith for us.

You keep coming up with these Calvinist fairy tales.
                      Jesus Kept the Law, He had Faith, for Faith is required in Keeping God's Law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Are you denying that Jesus says Faith ought to be done in keeping the Law ?

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

The tearing of the temple curtain the moment Jesus died on the cross is a powerful metaphor that points to the truth that with Jesus there is no longer a mediator between humans and God.

No more middleman--church, priest, clergy, or even a religious hero.

Open access to the divine and the sacred for all.

Comment

Originally posted by aikido7 View Post
                          The tearing of the temple curtain the moment Jesus died on the cross is a powerful metaphor that points to the truth that with Jesus there is no longer a mediator between humans and God.

No more middleman--church, priest, clergy, or even a religious hero.

Open access to the divine and the sacred for all.

Excellent observation.

The tearing of the curtain that covered the Holy of Holies, was the destruction of the temple.

It was the end of the law and the end of religion.

This why Paul said, "The just shall live by faith".

Comment

Your as blind as a bat.
                            Pot, meet Kettle.
                            "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
                              Pot, meet Kettle.
                              Catholicism like Calvinism is the religion of man.

Comment

Catholicism like Calvinism is the religion of man.
                                Posts #2 and #12.

Comment

Working...
                                X