X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rstrats View Post
    clefty,
    re: "also known as inclusive and exclusive reckoning..."

How about starting a new topic to discuss it.
    This is the topic here

your “commonality” here

is inclusive vs exclusive reckoning

Comment

• clefty,
      re: "This is the topic here - your 'commonality' here..."

I don't see where it provides examples where a daytime or a night time was said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occured. What do you have in mind?

Comment

clefty,
        re: "This is the topic here - your 'commonality' here..."

I don't see where it provides examples where a daytime or a night time was said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occured. What do you have in mind?

What was the “3 days and 3 nights” idiom? The rabbinic view was, “A complete or incomplete day.” Jewish Encyclopedia, v.4, p. 475 “In Jewish communal life part of a day is at times reckoned as one day; e.g., the day of the funeral, even when it takes place late in the afternoon, is counted as the 1st of the 7 days of mourning; a short time in the morning of the 7th day is counted as the 7th day; circumcision takes place on the 8th day, even though on the 1st day only a few minutes remained after the birth of the child, these being counted as oneday.” The boy was circumcised when he was more like 7 days old.

Jerusalem Talmud Shabbath ix.3 “A day and night are as portions of time and the portion asthe whole of it.” JFB Commentary Mt.12:40 “The period He was to lie in the grave is here expressed in round numbers, according to the Jewish way of speaking, which was to regard any part of a day, however small, included within a period of days, as a full day. (ref 1Sm.30:12, 13; Est 4:16; 5:1; Mt 27:63, 64.)” 3 days and 3 nights wasn’t literally 72 hours. Again, 72 hours was inclusively “4 days ago” in Acts 10.

https://bibletopicexpo.wordpress.com...sive-counting/

there is more

hope this helped...

I remain more interested in the 3x3 dead or alive...when it starts counting and when it ends but do not wish to derail your thread...

Comment

• clefty,
          re: "https://bibletopicexpo.wordpress.com...sive-counting/ ...hope this helped...?"

I'm afraid it hasn't. Neither the link nor your comments provide examples where a daytime or a night time was said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred. Again, why do you think that they do?

re: "I remain more interested in the 3x3 dead or alive...when it starts counting and when it ends but do not wish to derail your thread..."

Hence my suggestion that you start a new topic to discuss your interest.

Comment

clefty,
            re: "https://bibletopicexpo.wordpress.com...sive-counting/ ...hope this helped...?"

I'm afraid it hasn't. Neither the link nor your comments provide examples where a daytime or a night time was said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred. Again, why do you think that they do?

re: "I remain more interested in the 3x3 dead or alive...when it starts counting and when it ends but do not wish to derail your thread..."

Hence my suggestion that you start a new topic to discuss your interest.
            ok

Comment

• Duplicate post.

Comment

• Someone new looking in may know of examples.

Comment

Working...
                X