Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wick Stick View Post
    The same tired old topic.

Let's all argue about which chapter of Acts is the one where we stop applying context and read everything as if it was written to us.

Or, here's a crazy though... maybe we should apply context to ALL of the Bible. Because if we're being honest, NONE of it was written to us. None of it.
    Here is an idea, quote someone and engage them in a discussion.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

Obviously you can't see. It isn't given to everyone.
      What the Sabbath? Sure it is...you make Him a liar? And reject what was made for man...not just jews...

changing both Times and Law is not a good thing...believing Jewish false witness that Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered is not either...

you are just getting MAD...wanting the Promise established by Law yet denying the Law which establishes the Promise...

Comment

Here is an idea, quote someone and engage them in a discussion.
        You reject what was made for you by your Creator and here respond to something which was not...LOL...such fun

Comment

There is only one gospel that saves.
          Repeating your position over and over and over and over again won't make it come true.

There are multiple gospels that save, but they aren't all active simultaneously.

The apostles did miraculous things because that is the way God testified to what was said.

The apostles did miraculous things during the laying of the foundation.

Some of the saved did some miraculous signs themselves, such as speaking in tongues.

That was during the laying of the foundation---the foundation has been laid, and God already testified to His word.

God still does miraculous things, just not the exact same way as when the apostles were sent after Jesus ascended.
          God isn't currently in the business of doing miracles.

For instance, no one speaks in tongues anymore,
          No one speaks in their own language and others hear it in their own, different language. Yup.

because that was a sign to the Jews during the laying of the foundation---and the sign has been given.

There aren't people dead in the grave coming to life anymore either.
          Duh.

However, it is still the same one and only gospel.
          Saying it doesn't make it so.

Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.
          4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 16:20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

Luke 1:2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

Ephesians 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household,
          20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
          Not one of these verses supports your position, let alone prove it, especially since you ignored the context of the verses.

Comment

Do
            Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
            Galatians 2:7-8 King James Version (KJV)

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles
            Don't forget verse 9! Verse 8 is just a parenthetical that doesn't finish the sentence started in verse 7...

But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

Comment

Exactly! The same one and only gospel to the Jews as to the Gentiles.
              You apparently don't understand the law of non-contradiction.

The "gospel of the circumcision" cannot be the "gospel of the uncircumcision" because the two are complete opposites of the other.

Paul wasn't sent to the Gentiles because he had another gospel different than the gospel of Peter and the other apostles!
              Yes he was.

But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

Paul was sent to the Gentiles because the Jews did not trust him.
              That's part of the reason God sent him to the Gentiles, but it had nothing to do with Peter, James, and John or the rest of the Twelve.

Comment

That scripture doesn't change what Jesus said in Acts.
                No one said it did.

It all goes together because it is the truth.

Jesus told Paul to go far away to the Gentiles because the Jews didn't trust him
                Correct.

Again, this had nothing to do with Peter and the other of the Twelve agreeing with Paul that He should go to the Gentiles.

Have you not read the context of this passage?

and wanted to kill [Paul]
                Cite?

because they thought he was going around trying to trick them so they can be put in prison.
                Again, this has nothing to do with the Twelve Apostles.

This is why mashing verses together and saying "See? They fit!" doesn't work, and only makes things more confused for yourself.

Comment

I love talking about God’s Truth.
                  There is nothing I would rather be doing.
                  Ain't that the truth...

Except in this case, it's not referring to what is actually called "God's Truth," but to the user named "God's Truth."

In other words, you certainly do love talking about yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

Ain't that the truth...

Except in this case, it's not referring to what is actually called "God's Truth," but to the user named "God's Truth."

In other words, you certainly do love talking about yourself.
                    I rarely ever talk about myself.

Comment

No one said it did.

Correct.

Again, this had nothing to do with Peter and the other of the Twelve agreeing with Paul that He should go to the Gentiles.

Have you not read the context of this passage?

Cite?

Again, this has nothing to do with the Twelve Apostles.

This is why mashing verses together and saying "See? They fit!" doesn't work, and only makes things more confused for yourself.
                      Of course it has to do with Paul going to the Gentiles and Peter staying to teach the Jews.

It is one gospel that saves and Jesus taught it as did all the apostles.

Comment

You apparently don't understand the law of non-contradiction.

The "gospel of the circumcision" cannot be the "gospel of the uncircumcision" because the two are complete opposites of the other.

Yes he was.

That's part of the reason God sent him to the Gentiles, but it had nothing to do with Peter, James, and John or the rest of the Twelve.
                        It is just two different kinds of peoples, not two different kinds of gospels.

How can anyone ever get that what Jesus taught when he walked the earth wasn't the one and only gospel that saves and it is for all.

Comment

Repeating your position over and over and over and over again won't make it come true.

Duh.

All that back at you, and more.

Comment

There are multiple gospels that save, but they aren't all active simultaneously.
                            No such thing as different gospels that save.

John says no more of blood relations to Abraham, and Paul says it doesn't matter if one is Jew or Gentile.

God isn't currently in the business of doing miracles.
                            God still does miracles for some people.

You can't get one scripture that says God stopped doing any miracles.

Not one of these verses supports your position, let alone prove it, especially since you ignored the context of the verses.
                            Those scriptures were to show that there is no more speaking in tongues and being raised from the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by clefty View Post

You reject what was made for you by your Creator and here respond to something which was not...LOL...such fun
                              That is twisted. You have a problem with my telling someone to engage in a discussion instead of posting some strange post that is hard to figure out?

Comment

What the Sabbath? Sure it is...you make Him a liar? And reject what was made for man...not just jews...
                                You make yourself a liar when you say you observe the Sabbath just like Paul did.

changing both Times and Law is not a good thing...believing Jewish false witness that Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered is not either...

you are just getting MAD...wanting the Promise established by Law yet denying the Law which establishes the Promise...
                                Jesus is the promise.

Comment

Working...
                                X