Reconciled to God How?

beloved57

Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Last edited:

Nanja

Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Those Christ died for / shed His Blood for, according to the will of God, were Reconciled /Saved from the penalty of all the sins they shall ever commit in time; even while being unconverted enemies and unbelievers.

beloved57

Those Christ died for / shed His Blood for, according to the will of God, were Reconciled /Saved from the penalty of all the sins they shall ever commit in time; even while being unconverted enemies and unbelievers.

Amen Sister !

oatmeal

Absolutely correct ! Now are all men reconciled to God ? All men without exception ?

There are two parties involved in this reconciliation.

Who are they?

What is the responsiblity or actions required of each party for this reconciliation to God to take place?

beloved57

There are two parties involved in this reconciliation.

Who are they?

What is the responsiblity or actions required of each party for this reconciliation to God to take place?

You didnt answer my question. Are all men without exception reconciled to God by the death of His Son ? Simple Yes or No will suffice

oatmeal

You didnt answer my question. Are all men without exception reconciled to God by the death of His Son ? Simple Yes or No will suffice

I need clarification from you first.

Why should I answer a question, that is too vague for me?

Have all men been saved that God knows will choose to be saved?

Although it is clearly God's will that all men be saved, it is also clear that not all men have chosen salvation.

I Timothy 2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Not all men since the day of Pentecost have done Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

God gives the gift of salvation, but there must be willing recipients, otherwise, no one receives salvation.

Can all men do the two requirements of Romans 10:9?

beloved57

I need clarification from you first.

Why should I answer a question, that is too vague for me?

Have all men been saved that God knows will choose to be saved?

Although it is clearly God's will that all men be saved, it is also clear that not all men have chosen salvation.

I Timothy 2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Not all men since the day of Pentecost have done Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

God gives the gift of salvation, but there must be willing recipients, otherwise, no one receives salvation.

Can all men do the two requirements of Romans 10:9?

Way to dodge, get back with me when you can answer simple question !

Nanja

Absolutely correct ! Now are all men reconciled to God ? All men without exception ?

No they are not ! Reconciliation is Salvation, meaning one has been saved from the penalty of their sins and are in the favour of God.

But scripture is clear that all men are not reconciled to God while they are enemies, because many are condemned already and under God's wrath, such as these:

John 3:18, 36

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Now men are not condemned because they failed to believe on Christ with their own freewill, but because they were condemned already,
and that's why they don't believe on the only begotten Son.

So in other words, they must not be condemned already to have the privilege of believing on His Name:

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Bradley D

All who will come to believe in Christ.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

Nanja

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

However... you must remember how that scripture saith that there shall be many that go into the second death Rev. 21:8, simply because
their good works, including the believing they performed, were nothing more than a mere work of the flesh which cannot please God.

Rom. 8:8-9

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

beloved57

Now in Rom 5:10 how were they reconciled to God?

Bradley D

Now in Rom 5:10 how were they reconciled to God?

One meaning of reconcile to to "change."

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
"And on the part of man, by removing his unwillingness to be reconciled; by subduing, changing, and sanctifying his heart; by overcoming his hatred of God, and of his Law; and bringing him into submission to the government of God. So that the Christian is in fact reconciled to God; he is his friend; he is pleased with his Law, his character, and his plan of salvation. And all this has been accomplished by the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus as an offering in our place."

we were reconciled
κατηλλάγημεν (katēllagēmen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 1st Person Plural
Strong's Greek 2644: To change, exchange, reconcile. From kata and allasso; to change mutually, i.e. to compound a difference.

beloved57

According to Rom 5:10 when were they reconciled to God ? As believers or as enemies /unbelievers ?

Nanja

According to Rom 5:10 when were they reconciled to God ? As believers or as enemies /unbelievers ?

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God by Christ's death while they were enemies / unbelievers; no Faith needed.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those Christ died for were reconciled to God by Christ's death while they were enemies / unbelievers; no Faith needed.

Who's faith is required for salvation?

Nanja

Who's faith is required for salvation?

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.