Reconciled to God How?

beloved57

Nanja

Exactly Brother ! For the word Sanctified here in Heb. 10:10, is in the Perfect Tense meaning: A once and for all completed act from the past which effects the Present and Future.

Exactly

And It is because they are God's elect, that each one of them shall be sanctified internally; transformed into a New Creation Eph. 4:24 and renewed by the Holy Ghost Titus 3:5 !

Exactly again !

God's Truth

Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

We are reconciled to God when Jesus decides to accept us and live in us. THAT is when one is reconciled to God.

God's Truth

Its you that cant defend with scripture your false statements. Now according to Rom 5:10 how were they reconciled to God ?

Do you want the truth?

While they were enemies.

That is about those who wouldn't get circumcised to get in the covenant with God.

Jesus saved them while they were UNcircumcised enemies means Jesus didn't make them get circumcised first before he would save them.

beloved57

Do you want the truth?

While they were enemies.

That is about those who wouldn't get circumcised to get in the covenant with God.

Jesus saved them while they were UNcircumcised enemies means Jesus didn't make them get circumcised first before he would save them.

There you go, stating something the verse doesnt say, so invalid !

beloved57

How were they perfected forever according to Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Nanja

God's Elect were perfected forever based solely upon Christ's One Offering [His Death / Blood] on their behalf; thereby Imputing His Righteousness to their account,
which resulted in them being Justified Forever according to God's Law and Justice. Now this is a Gospel Truth that only God-Given Faith in New Birth can receive.

beloved57

God's Elect were perfected forever based solely upon Christ's One Offering [His Death / Blood] on their behalf; thereby Imputing His Righteousness to their account,
which resulted in them being Justified Forever according to God's Law and Justice. Now this is a Gospel Truth that only God-Given Faith in New Birth can receive.

Amen Sister and I praise God for your fellowship in the truth!

thborn

Beloved 57, I think a better proof of your argument is Romans 9:1-24. In this chapter, Paul makes pretty clear that people--he seems to be implying people in general--have been made in a certain way by God, for salvation or destruction.

This should be fairly obvious to anyone who believes that God knows the future and everything about the people He is making as He makes them.

For me this is not an easy passage of Scripture. It does not give me the joy that the Gospels and other sections of the epistles give me. But I must accept it.

Those of us who believe we are destined for salvation should not feel too proud. I'm not a huge one for self-love among the spiritually mature. We can see that Paul often isn't either:
Romans 9:2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, the peopel of Israel. (NIV)

Biblical predestination is difficult for many to come to terms with, but we can accept it and move on to ignoring the self and serving God and others without desire for reward. We weren't meant to ponder out all of God's workings, anyway, and how He chooses which of his creations are to be reconciled and which are not.

thborn

I agree that this is what Scripture says. Is this substantially different, though, from what the main body of Evangelical Christians espouse?

Also, are all of those who profess Christ as Lord and believe God raised Christ from the dead (as in Romans 10:9) brought to this conclusion?

You're right that the true Christian should take note of what Hebrews 10:14 says, as long as one also looks at the rest of Scripture with a brave heart open to God's grace.

I am far from sure about all the answers.

Last edited:

beloved57

Beloved 57, I think a better proof of your argument is Romans 9:1-24. In this chapter, Paul makes pretty clear that people--he seems to be implying people in general--have been made in a certain way by God, for salvation or destruction.

This should be fairly obvious to anyone who believes that God knows the future and everything about the people He is making as He makes them.

For me this is not an easy passage of Scripture. It does not give me the joy that the Gospels and other sections of the epistles give me. But I must accept it.

Those of us who believe we are destined for salvation should not feel too proud. I'm not a huge one for self-love among the spiritually mature. We can see that Paul often isn't either:
Romans 9:2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, the peopel of Israel. (NIV)

Biblical predestination is difficult for many to come to terms with, but we can accept it and move on to ignoring the self and serving God and others without desire for reward. We weren't meant to ponder out all of God's workings, anyway, and how He chooses which of his creations are to be reconciled and which are not.

thborn

Amen!

Romans 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, buy you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, father. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort but on God's mercy.
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth that "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:13 for "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Ephesians, 2:4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive in Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.
(NIV)

I'm not sure where we disagree. God saves. Indeed, God reconciled believers to himself while still enemies. These people are the elect, the saved, brought by grace to believe in Christ, known by God, made as they are by God. God saves, God perfects. Where is the controversy for anybody who reads Scripture and believes in their heart?

The Chosen are perfected forever, but how lowly are all of them are compared to God. Every Christian struggles and suffers. Some of them have done filthy things. And yet still they are perfect because of how God made them! Through God's grace they submit themselves to Christ.

Last edited: