Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
so much for satan.......

so much for satan.......

I see Satan, Inc is still allowed to rule here!!! :rolleyes:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Well, as it stands....the contest between 'satan' and 'God' continues, but whose 'rule' is gaining the upperhand depends on the observer :cool:

Heretics have a special advantage over dogmatists, being always free to choose whatever way, path, school or tradition that best resonates with their soul-journey at any given time. Such an 'attraction' is only natural, as far as cosmic law goes. God grants freedom to choose.

In the OT Satan is God's servant, so in that light, not so bad a 'side' to be on :)

pj

Lon

Well, as it stands....the contest between 'satan' and 'God' continues, but whose 'rule' is gaining the upperhand depends on the observer :cool:

Heretics have a special advantage over dogmatists, being always free to choose whatever way, path, school or tradition that best resonates with their soul-journey at any given time. Such an 'attraction' is only natural, as far as cosmic law goes. God grants freedom to choose.
The gospel prescribes a 'new creation.' The old man will always go his own way.

In the OT Satan is God's servant, so in that light, not so bad a 'side' to be on :)
pj
You sound just a little like a caricature of a Calvinist here, oddly enough. That's very dogmatic of you.

Lon

Hi Lon,....that depends on point of view :)
The old man will look at it one way. One who is a new creation Ephesian 2:10, will look at it differently, by necessity. Because of this, I worry about you because it is true and there is no greater context here either.

This was a bit extensive so I skipped responding to it, but will skim over a few pointers.....
It repeats somewhat too, the echo's of the post were: 1) no greater context than a complete truth 2) we all must live with duality, we all have things we accept and reject 3) God speaks to us in absolute terms on a good many issues 4) it is not good to be a cosmic thinker (as differentiated from a universalist and it's separate complications) if our sin condition is packed for the trip too.

Coming from a viewpiont that sees truth at two levels, both 'absolute' and 'relative', there is no problem here in seeing this seeming 'duality' in the greater context of total reality. Total reality includes all duality, multiplicity, appearances, illusions, perception, etc. 'Duality' is inevitable in a world of space-time relativity.
Duality is the difference between what we accept and what we reject. Because we are cursed by the first Adam, we are drowning in sin and need a Savior to pull us out. He creates a duality in giving us His nature.

Jesus saying he was the way, truth and life, is a relative statement...for it can only be 'related' within the context of the writers intent and preconceived theology :)
I disagree for He continued..."no one comes to the Father but by me!"

My former statement [is assessed sufficient for me].
See the difference between His statement and your's, here? One is relative and the other is absolute.

You're assuming according to your own definition of 'sin' and interjecting the concept where it is unnecessary.
Being one to traipse the cosmos, I believe you could and should have dealt substantially here. It was a philosophical invitation and an open door which you promptly closed. Forgive a slight :chuckle: from me. The irony muse hit me.

Going on about 'sin' again.......
Forgive me yet another chuckle, I just can't help myself:
This was a bit extensive so I skipped responding to it, but will skim over a few pointers.....
Hopefully, you are doing a :chuckle: over this irony too (it might be your way of ignoring/skipping, I just tend to cut it out with an intial sentence at the beginning saying so, so my chuckle is a bit of projection here)

And they did not die physically, but were enlightened to know both good and evil, an essential cognitive ability that enables true learning and progressive evolution. So they did become 'gods' in a sense. In one Gnostic perspective,...Sophia (divine wisdom) posed as the snake luring the couple to accept their divine birthright and liberate themselves from the captivity of the Demiurge (Yhwh). The Demiuge did not want the couple to recognize their true divine potential, but strangely tempted them into making the forbidden fruit more appealing, an odd tactic to say the least.
I wouldn't call knowing how to sin 'enlightened.' Also, they indeed did die physically. Picking at this is nearly the same as a debate about dying 'instantly.' It doesn't have to be this instant or even the next instant but it should be in close proximately. Adam and Eve surely died.
The gnostics didn't have to rewrite it with sophia because it is still the same story and only confuses. Rather, it is whether this was a good thing or a bad thing in interpretation. As such, it needs no rewrite.

Also note Jesus quotes from the Psalms affirming that 'God' calls men 'gods', and that such a reference to 'elohim' is a proper title for the children of God, or a son of God such as himself. Therefore they persecuting him for being called the Son of God was unjustified. Being created in the same image and likeness of 'God' and possessing the same cognitive and creative powers of a parent Deity has its 'entitlement' ;)
If I were an elohim, then I've lost all hope. The hope of all of scripture is that God is working to fix our dilemma and make us like Him 1 John 3:1-3

Still going on about 'sin'......
Still funny, but why wouldn't I? It is the mark of dualism for me. I do not want a universe where sin is still present there within me. To miss this is to miss the entire gospel story.

Yes, I usually interpret a text in a way most logically comprehensible within its context. I have that right and responsiblity. 'God' gave it to me.
It is frustrating talking to a universalist at times....this is one of them.
Jesus when speaking, was using himself naturally as a 'focal-point' of truth, revealing 'God' to them. He wasnt 'wrong' but pointing to himself as the expression and embodiment of 'God' in their very midst. One full of God and radiating pure God-consciousness can do the same.
This creates a 'you as good as Jesus' frustration between clashing philosphies. We are entitled to our own opinions but not entitled to our own facts. 1) You have to play nice with others else the discussion isn't the same one between those disagreeing 2) You have to recognize others' truths even if you've rejected them 3) Then meet the objection in a meaningful way else it is seen as idiocy.

That said, I see where you are coming from but I believe you have to negate scripture in order to entertain your conclusion and that alone will keep this part of the debate from proceeding. The rest of us see a distinct and stark contrast between ourselves and the Christ who was with God and was God. In my sin condition, I was neither with nor was. As a new creation, I am 'with' but not Him (pre-debate explanations).

Its not a matter of me telling a so called 'God' anything, but using my own God-intelligence to define a matter.
"So-called?" How far away are you, PJ?
There are times I wonder you are here rather than a Jonathan Livingstone Seagull forum.

As far as quoting Yoda,...didnt you know I'm a charter member of the Jedi Council? - love the little guy. My path has never included hatred, so it goes without saying with its fruits, what frequency level my position hails from. Remember,....'God' is pure LIGHT. - naturally in a world of duality, ...there appears to be 'good' and 'evil' (light & shadow)...hence the existence of a so called 'darkside'. But you know that the existence of 'evil' exists because a so called 'good' does, and God's omnipresence includes or allows BOTH to appear in a world where there is 'relativity'. Duality arises as a phenomena within the Infinite One. - such is the way of 'perception'.
You can't get more dualistic than Yoda...
The message of Star Wars: "I wanted people to know there is a God and a Devil. That there is good and evil, and you have to choose between the two." -George Lucas

To the bold above....you're getting warm :) - the 'God-presence' in me is prior to and transcends any dualism whatsoever, since it is pure God, before any association, duality or relativity. It is pure 'light' beyond definition or conditioning. Where there is not two (which is what "Advaita" {non-duality} means)...there is only 'God'. 'God' is that one universal non-dual reality behind all appearances of duality. 'God' is the prior reality before any concept of 'sin' or sense of 'seperation'. The ego has seperated itself by its own illusion of seperation.
Er...if you are God, I'm turning in my membership card. Please don't feel too slighted, I'd just be incredibly disappointed. Prophet Lorenzo Snow said "As God is man will become, as man is God once was." I wouldn't be a Mormon for 30 million dollars. Now you are giving me another god to follow? I'm no god. I will die because of sin.

Oh dear. Of course its impossible in this dimension of existence and language-medium to relate anything that is not more or less 'dualistic' because all in this space-time dimension is more or less 'relative',...it is a world of relations, appearances, forms, objectivity and subjectivity,...a seeming duality of 'observer' and 'observed', 'this' or 'that', 'up' and 'down', 'light' and 'dark', 'me' and 'you', etc. This is a world of plural perceptions, distortion, maya.
The point again: My dualism and your dualism are two different things.
Another way of saying it: For the trip, you are packing different items. The fight is because I deem the items you are packing offensive and giving off a stench.

:) Assumptions. I may start a new 'Non-Duality' thread, - its important to understand the essence of 'Advaita', and realize that oneness of Being at the Heart of all, the 'Self'. 'Brahman' is 'Atman', there is no seperation. This is of course from that point of view, as one abides as the unborn, undying, unchanging essence within. That 'presence' is 'God' (Brahman/atman). This is the central view of the Advaita Vedanta school. There is ONLY that PRESENCE. It is not only 'One' but 'All'.
Hopefully you are seeing some familiarity from me, that I understand where you are coming from. The problem that I see, is, in your universal approach, you are adopting a broader picture and context "for me (too)" that I reject.
There are more 'dualistic' schools within Hinduism that are more like judeo-christian understandings of the relationship between God and souls (being seperate, uniquely different in certain respects, while alike in others), etc. One who studies such will recognize and discern the differences, where these are 'assumed' anyways.
You've kind of cut 'sin' out of our discussions. In so doing, that is trying to place me into that "broader" context. I reject that as marrying up to a lie. A gray world holds no appeal for me.

My former statement stands :) - God makes all available or possible. This is a truth. How do you know, besides a religious assumption or 'belief' that a lie was told in the Garden? Have you cared to research it again? or have you the final ultimate conclusion on it and everything else? Research can do wonders.
Again, it is not okay if a fly with crap on his feet lands on my sandwich.

As far as becoming like 'God',....isnt this the ultimate, most respectful, noble and inspiring ideal to strive towards??? Didn't Jesus say to be 'perfect' as our Heavenly Father is 'perfect'? Doesn't God want us to strive towards excellence, progress, growth, integrity, unfolding our divine potential, our capacity for creation, our experience of joy and happiness, to share in His divine nature? If you think of eternity and infinity....there is an endless vista of Life and realities beyond our imagination over every horizon point. Infinity has no finish. In Reality, there is no beginning or end. Only we assign time-points to anything that 'comes' and 'goes'...being 'events' as they arise. But what is that in which they arise..that never comes or goes? :)
Again, not if it means eating tainted food. A true universalist wouldn't care.

Namaste,

pj
Aloha

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The gospel prescribes a 'new creation.' The old man will always go his own way.

Its all relative, in this dimension of existence. How often do you follow after your 'new creation' nature or your old man? :) - kinda stuck in the good ole 'free will' conundrum ;)

You sound just a little like a caricature of a Calvinist here, oddly enough. That's very dogmatic of you.

Ha! I'm far from a calvinist, - I was just bringing up the 'fact' of satan's account from the Book of Job,....satan appears to be just another one of Yahweh's servants....ultimately serving his purpose, while Job is like a 'pawn' suffering at the hand of higher agencies. Doesn't make 'God' out in a very good light.

A-dogmatically yours lol,

pj

Lon

Its all relative, in this dimension of existence. How often do you follow after your 'new creation' nature or your old man? :) - kinda stuck in the good ole 'free will' conundrum ;)
I don't see it as 'free.' A culpable will? Yes. Free? No.

Ha! I'm far from a calvinist, - I was just bringing up the 'fact' of satan's account from the Book of Job,....satan appears to be just another one of Yahweh's servants.
Try something else besides 'servant.' Subjected to? Yes. Servant? Not really, no.

...ultimately serving his purpose, while Job is like a 'pawn' suffering at the hand of higher agencies. Doesn't make 'God' out in a very good light.
Just like flour, sifting doesn't do damage, it prepares. Some of us are more resilient than others. God knowing which is which is a bit beyond your 'good light' impression.
A-dogmatically yours lol,

pj
Oh no, you are dogmatic alright. A changed goalpost is still a goalpost.
Your consistency here rather than on a Jonathan Livingstone Seagull forum is evidence enough of that fact.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Er...if you are God, I'm turning in my membership card. Please don't feel too slighted, I'd just be incredibly disappointed.

You're not understanding the essence of what 'non-duality' is, this is essential, grasping or intuiting what the Oneness of Life and Being is. All is contextualized and arises in this One all-pervading Consciousness.

What is non-duality?

What is non-duality? 2

Non-Duality definitions

For a broader eclectic view see 'Non-dualism' in general.

Notice the comment you're responding merely stated that 'God' (Consciousness) is all there is,....'God' is all that exists...and nothing exists outside of the One Universal Consciousness. I did not claim that "I" (this little ego-personality) is God, but that pure 'essence' and 'awareness' that is the true living nature of existence itself, ...is 'God'. - its important to recognize the differences between what is 'God' and what is not 'God'. All is included in 'God' because it could not exist or 'be' outside of 'God'. The true nature and light at the heart of all existence...is God Alone (Brahman) because there is no 'other' besides that ONE.

I have never claimed that the personality that has assumed itself as 'me' (this finite, human, evolutionary mortal) is 'God'. It is an extension, modification, expression, shadowy semblence of 'God' arising as a temporary form or assumption of various attributes and traits,...but this 'form' is impermanent. Only 'God' is the pure life, essence and being, the only unchanging reality behind all change. Changes, attributes, qualities, forms are accidents or properties undergoing transformation. Behind the play of creation, One Energy or Spirit-presence, One Infinite Intelligence prevails.

Prophet Lorenzo Snow said "As God is man will become, as man is God once was." I wouldn't be a Mormon for 30 million dollars.

I recently treated the LDS concept of 'God' on this page Here. :)

We are on a progressive journey of experience and learning, for thats what Life is all about...at least to us evolutionary mortals moving Godwards to a higher perfection and integrity of being. The concept of 'eternal progression' is therefore logical,....but I dont hold the LDS concept of it as valid. If you didnt know, I grew up LDS and studied all the so-called anti-mormon literature, checking the facts for myself, which inspired my exodus from that 'cult-ure'.

Now you are giving me another god to follow? I'm no god.

I am not giving you anything, because 'God' the ever-present reality, cant be given, because it is never absent :)

I will die because of sin.

Sigh. Back to 'sin' again :idunno: I'm quite familiar with what might make one obssessive over the subject, since their 'theology' so focuses on the 'necessity' of salvation from it. Sin is a concept, an 'assumption', and varies in definition. 'Sin' is a sense of seperation, a missing of the mark of perfecetion, a falling short of truth, a distorted perception of reality. If 'God' already is the perfect all-complete, whole (holy) Presence that is always BEING...then realization of 'that' is 'salvation' already always at hand :)

'God' right here, right NOW...is already wholly perfect, true and complete, eternally and infinitely so! The 'I Am' Presence ever reigns.
To understand more on the 'I AM'...see it from the ascended master teachings, - I had a former thread on this. Looks like some new threads will be coming forth soon to replenish the others.

What would TOL be without her premiere heretics to keep the fundies on their toes? :crackup:

In-joy,

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
spot checks

spot checks

Oh no, you are dogmatic alright. A changed goalpost is still a goalpost.

Consciousness is all there is....dab any 'name' on it you wish :)

'God' is a word-concept as well.

Goalposts will vary depending on the scope or aim of the observer....term-wise and contextually speaking.

One man's hero is another man's heretic, and then in some quaters, there is no difference between the two :)

pj

Lon

Consciousness is all there is....dab any 'name' on it you wish :)

'God' is a word-concept as well.

Goalposts will vary depending on the scope or aim of the observer....term-wise and contextually speaking.

One man's hero is another man's heretic, and then in some quaters, there is no difference between the two :)

pj
Again, different goalpost.

Lon

You're not understanding the essence of what 'non-duality' is, this is essential, grasping or intuiting what the Oneness of Life and Being is. All is contextualized and arises in this One all-pervading Consciousness.

What is non-duality?

What is non-duality? 2

Non-Duality definitions

For a broader eclectic view see 'Non-dualism' in general.

Notice the comment you're responding merely stated that 'God' (Consciousness) is all there is,....'God' is all that exists...and nothing exists outside of the One Universal Consciousness. I did not claim that "I" (this little ego-personality) is God, but that pure 'essence' and 'awareness' that is the true living nature of existence itself, ...is 'God'. - its important to recognize the differences between what is 'God' and what is not 'God'.
Again, this is duality. It might not be duality as you understand it, but it is as I understand it, and these two philosophies aren't compatible. Other than that, you will recognize why you get into trouble with your talk of elohim-men. Scripture does say 'gods' but we must be extra-careful and not careless in bringing that idea into any conversation anywhere, for any reason, lest we are accused of overstatements. Lorenzo Snow, of course, embraced that overstatement as true, so it is obviously an overstatement we both recognize and should avoid.

All is included in 'God' because it could not exist or 'be' outside of 'God'. The true nature and light at the heart of all existence...is God Alone (Brahman) because there is no 'other' besides that ONE.
Scripture agrees but sin isn't an existence but a privation (a void and lack).

I have never claimed that the personality that has assumed itself as 'me' (this finite, human, evolutionary mortal) is 'God'. It is an extension, modification, expression, shadowy semblence of 'God' arising as a temporary form or assumption of various attributes and traits,...but this 'form' is impermanent. Only 'God' is the pure life, essence and being, the only unchanging reality behind all change. Changes, attributes, qualities, forms are accidents or properties undergoing transformation. Behind the play of creation, One Energy or Spirit-presence, One Infinite Intelligence prevails.
Not only that, we are plagued by sin and in desperate need of intervention. Just like illness is a lack of health. It isn't good. That's duality.

I recently treated the LDS concept of 'God' on this page Here. :)

We are on a progressive journey of experience and learning, for thats what Life is all about...at least to us evolutionary mortals moving Godwards to a higher perfection and integrity of being. The concept of 'eternal progression' is therefore logical,....but I dont hold the LDS concept of it as valid. If you didnt know, I grew up LDS and studied all the so-called anti-mormon literature, checking the facts for myself, which inspired my exodus from that 'cult-ure'.
Again, for me, 1 John 3:1-3 is the answer. We are learning something here on earth but it is in preparation for being like Him, then. It is a temporal fix to our eternal need.

I am not giving you anything, because 'God' the ever-present reality, cant be given, because it is never absent :)
:doh: I meant myself. God exists and I'm not Him.

Sigh. Back to 'sin' again :idunno: I'm quite familiar with what might make one obssessive over the subject, since their 'theology' so focuses on the 'necessity' of salvation from it.
It is a 'biblical' view, as "in the Bible." Our malady is sin and only a removal of it will allow us to be what we were created to be. Read 1 John 3:1-3 for yourself. It is my hope. Until then, I'm stuck with sin and no 'enlightenment' is going to take care of that for me. Jesus is the only answer to our dilemma, whether you want to recognize it or not. You are one day for the grave and no amount of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull is going to help you out of that.

Sin is a concept, an 'assumption', and varies in definition. 'Sin' is a sense of seperation, a missing of the mark of perfecetion, a falling short of truth, a distorted perception of reality. If 'God' already is the perfect all-complete, whole (holy) Presence that is always BEING...then realization of 'that' is 'salvation' already always at hand :)
See above. It is a malady that kills us. We don't 'get better' we must have it removed, like a cancer.

'God' right here, right NOW...is already wholly perfect, true and complete, eternally and infinitely so! The 'I Am' Presence ever reigns.
To understand more on the 'I AM'...see it from the ascended master teachings, - I had a former thread on this. Looks like some new threads will be coming forth soon to replenish the others.
1 John 3 again, not 'until' such a time.
What would TOL be without her premiere heretics to keep the fundies on their toes? :crackup:

In-joy,

pj
Or vice versa, which is why I suspect you aren't spending most of your time on the Jonathan Livingstone Seagull forums.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Again, different goalpost.

So?

Since I come from a platform and context of 'non-dualism' and a metaphysic of God's omnipresence (call it meta-pantheism, or pure spiritualism), that 'context' includes all that is within God's Presence, since that Presence is All There Is. Its universal context is unqualified, yet that space in which all qualifications or definitions emerge in the world of form, where various points of view assume themselves.

This infinite Emptiness....is also infinite Fullness...there is no difference but only in assumption or appearance. The One is All There Is, and 'this' Presence is it! Full stop, NOW. There is no outside or inside to this Presence, since it pervades all dimensions....while also being undimensional :) Mind-blowing eh? (goalposts fade into nothingness in this context)

In any case,....if we are talking specifically Chrsitian theology or doctrines I hold my own there, but I dont limit myself to those confines or definitions,...they are fine if you are limiting yourself only to that 'context' of so called 'biblical' theology or assuming a right teaching or doctrine (orthodoxy).

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are one day for the grave and no amount of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull is going to help you out of that.

Sorry Lon, but I'm not really a Jonathan Livingstone Seagull fan or reader even...neither do I frequent such forums. Thats somewhat presumptuous of you to assume. TOL has been my primary discussion forum for some time. - there have been a few other theology forums in the past and some Hindu(dharma) networks I periodically check into, among other cosmic connections :) (and thats just for starters)

The physical body does return to the matterial elements, but the spirit-soul goes to that realm that is consonant with its spiritual condition, development or character, to continue its progression Godward, to higher perfections, universe service, or merging into the Godhead itself (different beliefs on this).

pj

Lon

So?

Since I come from a platform and context of 'non-dualism' and a metaphysic of God's omnipresence (call it meta-pantheism, or pure spiritualism), that 'context' includes all that is within God's Presence, since that Presence is All There Is. Its universal context is unqualified, yet that space in which all qualifications or definitions emerge in the world of form, where various points of view assume themselves.

This infinite Emptiness....is also infinite Fullness...there is no difference but only in assumption or appearance. The One is All There Is, and 'this' Presence is it! Full stop, NOW. There is no outside or inside to this Presence, since it pervades all dimensions....while also being undimensional :) Mind-blowing eh? (goalposts fade into nothingness in this context)

In any case,....if we are talking specifically Chrsitian theology or doctrines I hold my own there, but I dont limit myself to those confines or definitions,...they are fine if you are limiting yourself only to that 'context' of so called 'biblical' theology or assuming a right teaching or doctrine (orthodoxy).

pj
I think that's just a polite way of saying "I reject your dualism."
It is simply switching goalposts. We exist trying to deny something, if it is Christianity, that's your burden. Mine is sin.

Lon

Sorry Lon, but I'm not really a Jonathan Livingstone Seagull fan or reader even...neither do I frequent such forums. Thats somewhat presumptuous of you to assume. TOL has been my primary discussion forum for some time. - there have been a few other theology forums in the past and some Hindu(dharma) networks I periodically check into, among other cosmic connections :) (and thats just for starters)

The physical body does return to the matterial elements, but the spirit-soul goes to that realm that is consonant with its spiritual condition, development or character, to continue its progression Godward, to higher perfections, universe service, or merging into the Godhead itself (different beliefs on this).

pj
Not presumptuous at all. You've adopted Eastern Religion terms even. Jonathon Livingstone is about Nirvana and personal excellence in the form of a seagull learning to ascend above his peers and circumstances.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
points to consider......

points to consider......

I think that's just a polite way of saying "I reject your dualism."
It is simply switching goalposts. We exist trying to deny something, if it is Christianity, that's your burden. Mine is sin.

I dont exist to deny or reject anything, neither is my motive towards attacking anything per se, since all things exist by their own right, in contrast and in relation to all other things, whether they be 'objects' or 'ideas'. What is...is...and whatever may be....may be.

There is no burden then except what one assumes. If one wants to burden themselves with sin, however they interpret that, such is their choice (one chooses their theology or 'beliefs').

Not presumptuous at all. You've adopted Eastern Religion terms even. Jonathon Livingstone is about Nirvana and personal excellence in the form of a seagull learning to ascend above his peers and circumstances.

Not all are familiar with Jonathan Livingstone, but the basic philosophy and metaphysics of 'non-dualism' can be learned by any interested. I usually come from the 'Advaita Vedanta' perspective (a school within Sanatana Dharma), but the whole spectrum is good to know, since various traditions represent different facets of the one universal reality. That reality is 'Brahman' (one can choose what 'term' to use when describing it). I often synthesize both east and western traditions,...there is no reason as a student of universal spirituality, to reject any of what our human ancestors have left us by way of wisdom, nor to reject any new channels or revelations that come forth in our day. Let each one discern.

Coming from different perspectives, philosophical leanings, world-views, metaphysical understandings, and perferred theological nuances...we will not agree on all things, and at best pursue the way of "creative dialogue", or not engage at all. Its a choice of mutual cooperation, or choosing greener pastures elsewhere,...thats the challenge and opportunity of actual 'dialogue' if one intelligently and respectfully would like to go there sharing 'points of view'.

I'm considering some new thread-projects so will see what comes to the board soon :)

pj

Lon

I dont exist to deny or reject anything, neither is my motive towards attacking anything per se, since all things exist by their own right, in contrast and in relation to all other things, whether they be 'objects' or 'ideas'. What is...is...and whatever may be....may be.

There is no burden then except what one assumes. If one wants to burden themselves with sin, however they interpret that, such is their choice (one chooses their theology or 'beliefs').

Not all are familiar with Jonathan Livingstone, but the basic philosophy and metaphysics of 'non-dualism' can be learned by any interested. I usually come from the 'Advaita Vedanta' perspective (a school within Sanatana Dharma), but the whole spectrum is good to know, since various traditions represent different facets of the one universal reality. That reality is 'Brahman' (one can choose what 'term' to use when describing it). I often synthesize both east and western traditions,...there is no reason as a student of universal spirituality, to reject any of what our human ancestors have left us by way of wisdom, nor to reject any new channels or revelations that come forth in our day. Let each one discern.

Coming from different perspectives, philosophical leanings, world-views, metaphysical understandings, and perferred theological nuances...we will not agree on all things, and at best pursue the way of "creative dialogue", or not engage at all. Its a choice of mutual cooperation, or choosing greener pastures elsewhere,...thats the challenge and opportunity of actual 'dialogue' if one intelligently and respectfully would like to go there sharing 'points of view'.

I'm considering some new thread-projects so will see what comes to the board soon :)

pj
It goes full circle. Example:
me: the answers are not inside you, you are the problem because you have sin
you: I don't have a problem
me: you have a problem with my dualism, which is also dualistic

So again, it is my truth against your truth. You simply asserting your truth over my understanding of it, is dualism.

Another example:
Dad: "Did you steal that candy?"
Child: "No."

The answer is either true or false, there is no blend of the right and wrong answer. He is either telling the truth or he/she is lying. There is no philosophy that can negate that dualistic scenario. It is either or, only.

"I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father but by Me." There is no blend of truths, but one here and furthermore, this is said in such a way as to demand stark one-way truth. There is no other way to the Father, it's clear.

TruthSetsFree

I was able to find some cached pages online of the list. Not sure when I last updated it, but I found this one from 7/16/12. Again, let me know if I am missing someone.

Here is the list as of 7/16/12:

The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians)
1) Keypurr
2) Pierac
3) csuguy
4) adopted son 77
5) Paul McNabb (Mormon)
6) Seydlitz77 (Mormon)
7) Martin.Harris (Mormon)
8) Elected4ever
9) Squeaky
10) Aner
11) Lazy Afternoon
12) truebeliever7
13) jerzy
14) krystyna
15) Krsto
16) Oatmeal
17) meshak

Religious Zealots (saved by works crowd):

1) Rightglory
2) Spitfire
3) Evoken
4) chrysostom
5) rbdeli
6) RC_Eagle
7) The Reverent One
8) annabenedetti
9) The Barbarian
10) patricius79
11) Yahushuan
12) IXOYE - makes salvation and born again two separate events
13) graceandpeace - makes salvation and born again two separate events
14) Cruciform
15) Truthsetsfree

The 'Paul is a godless liar' crowd (Ebionites) (**this crowd also believes works are necessary for salvation)
1) Glenda (Glenda also denies the deity of Christ, she is trying to get to the bottom of the Lake of Fire)
2) jeremysdemo

Miscellaneous
1) Freelight (spiritualist/universalist)

If you are on this list and you repent of your heresy, or if you find my categorization of your beliefs is in error, just post and let us know.

If you feel someone needs to be added to the list, either post or PM me. In order to speed things along, if you can post a link to one of the offending party's posts reflecting their heresy, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, a person must have a decent amount of posts and have been around for a few months at least to be considered for the list. I don't want to throw every one post wonder who wanders through here onto the list. After all, this is TOL's list and if the person isn't a regular visitor, they don't make the cut.

Thanks for any help or feedback.

:wave2::thumb::wave:

Judge not, lest u be judged, for by what measure you mete, so shall it be meted unto you"

looks like maybe you should start giving people a little of the old

benefit of the doubt

4 your own sake if nothing else

Robert Pate

Banned
I was able to find some cached pages online of the list. Not sure when I last updated it, but I found this one from 7/16/12. Again, let me know if I am missing someone.

Here is the list as of 7/16/12:

The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians)
1) Keypurr
2) Pierac
3) csuguy
4) adopted son 77
5) Paul McNabb (Mormon)
6) Seydlitz77 (Mormon)
7) Martin.Harris (Mormon)
8) Elected4ever
9) Squeaky
10) Aner
11) Lazy Afternoon
12) truebeliever7
13) jerzy
14) krystyna
15) Krsto
16) Oatmeal
17) meshak

Religious Zealots (saved by works crowd):

1) Rightglory
2) Spitfire
3) Evoken
4) chrysostom
5) rbdeli
6) RC_Eagle
7) The Reverent One
8) annabenedetti
9) The Barbarian
10) patricius79
11) Yahushuan
12) IXOYE - makes salvation and born again two separate events
13) graceandpeace - makes salvation and born again two separate events
14) Cruciform
15) Truthsetsfree

The 'Paul is a godless liar' crowd (Ebionites) (**this crowd also believes works are necessary for salvation)
1) Glenda (Glenda also denies the deity of Christ, she is trying to get to the bottom of the Lake of Fire)
2) jeremysdemo

Miscellaneous
1) Freelight (spiritualist/universalist)

If you are on this list and you repent of your heresy, or if you find my categorization of your beliefs is in error, just post and let us know.

If you feel someone needs to be added to the list, either post or PM me. In order to speed things along, if you can post a link to one of the offending party's posts reflecting their heresy, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, a person must have a decent amount of posts and have been around for a few months at least to be considered for the list. I don't want to throw every one post wonder who wanders through here onto the list. After all, this is TOL's list and if the person isn't a regular visitor, they don't make the cut.

Thanks for any help or feedback.

:wave2::thumb::wave:

Please add Princely to the list. He said that Paul and the other apostles were not Christians, and that he only follows Christ and only quotes Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Judge not, lest u be judged, for by what measure you mete, so shall it be meted unto you"

looks like maybe you should start giving people a little of the old

benefit of the doubt

4 your own sake if nothing else

He didn't judge you. The Bible judges you and finds you to be a false teacher.

Choleric

Please add Princely to the list. He said that Paul and the other apostles were not Christians, and that he only follows Christ and only quotes Christ.

Haven't been around in a while. SOunds like this person would be an ebionite. Do you have any quotes you can point me to?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gurucam--He thinks Peter is the devil.

I do not have to think that. Jesus figured that out and told the world that Peter was Satan.

Jesus confirmed that and then Jesus gave Peter a church where Peter as Satan can serve him
People are sent to Satan/Peter so that they might stop their blaspheming of the Spirit, so that their spirit might be saved in the day of the lord Jesus.

You can peruse the thread for yourself. His theology is really messed up.