The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
First understand the books you assume to be inerrant.......

First understand the books you assume to be inerrant.......

Would your primitive mind feel better if we claim the Bible was written by celestials?

Frankly, you don't know who wrote the books of the Bible beyond traditional attribution/assumption, and that is the truth. - plus there have are variations in manuscripts, scribal ommissions/additions, modifications done to various texts, even though most of these do not affect doctrine, some do have certain affections thereof. - we have creative license by the authors themselves as they wrote out their histories for their own reasons and purposes, no matter how inspired the narratives or teachings are,...they were scribed by human beings. The Bible is therefore authored by many different individuals from different time-periods for different reasons. All thru human mediums, taking into account their imperfections and translation preferences. There may have been some celestials spirits helping out, inspiring, influencing certain people as all mortals are subject to the influence of 'spirits' either for some good or evil cause.

See:

Contradictions in the Bible - very illuminating scholarly work. Not necessarily to discount or demote the Bible, but show how, why and in what cultural-context it was written, which account for apparent contradictions. Remember,...religious books are written by their human scribes for a purpose,....this purpose may be divinely inspired more or less, but it also bears the signature and colorings of its human writers.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Gospel of the kingdom................

The Gospel of the kingdom................

This year will mark 7 years this thread has been enlightening visitors on TOL. We are so delighted that God has moved Knight to keep the light of this revelation available to those in search of a greater understanding of God, the history of our world and the destiny of the salvaged children of the most high.

141:7.6 Jesus laid great emphasis upon what he called the two truths of first import in the teachings of the kingdom, and they are: the attainment of salvation by faith, and faith alone, associated with the revolutionary teaching of the attainment of human liberty through the sincere recognition of truth, “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Jesus was the truth made manifest in the flesh, and he promised to send his Spirit of Truth into the hearts of all his children after his return to the Father in heaven.

And that passage above summarizes the very clear simple fundamental teaching of the papers by way of Jesus gospel of the kingdom. Nothing complicated there, while it furthermore illuminates and expounds upon universal religious truths and principles, ethics, morals and ideals inspiring worship of the Universal Father and the Lord Christ, Jesus our Creator Son. Other aspects of the UB may be more or less controversial (eugenics, planetary history, cosmology, its names/terms of personalities and cosmology, universes, heavenly hierarchy, Christology, soteriology, etc.), but the ideals of truth, beauty and goodness are heralded in an epochal revelation of true religion for this current dispensation (this 'true religion' is actually the religion of Jesus himself that he practiced as an example for us to follow, living by faith and doing the Father's will). There are other inspired religious writings and revelations too of course, as we cannot limit or circumscribe the Infinite Spirit, but can profit by what dispensations have been given for our eternal progress and spiritual good.

Zeke

Both Caino and Freelight deny "The Urantia Book" has anything to do with UFOs, however, once you read into it, there are similarities between UFO type of nonsense combined with different forms of Cosmic beings and such. I haven't read much of this tripe, however, it's pretty bazaar. I wouldn't recommend you be talked into reading this Satanic counterfeit. It would be the equivalent of reading any other "Occult/Satanic" read.

It uses a number of Scripture verses, however, I assure you, it has nothing to do with the Christian faith. When all is said and done, it's packed full of "New-Age spiritualism/occultist dribble."

You give dense a bad name, even the Bible could be a contender for UFO sightings not to mention some things Caino posted that exposed some dirty deeds done dirt cheap you rationalize away like all brainwashed Club followers have to do to keep their charade viable in their own mind.

tomahuman

Need a little Faith here...

Need a little Faith here...

"It requires no great depth of intellect to pick flaws, ask questions, or raise objections. But it does require brilliance of mind to answer these questions and solve these difficulties; faith certainty is the greatest technique for dealing with all such superficial contentions."
The Urantia Book - Paper 102:7.6

If anyone wishes to look into "The Urantia Book Cult," Google, Urantia book is a "UFO Cult. You'll find out everything you never wanted to know about this absurd Cult and its adherents. The original book came out in 1954, around the same time that L.Ron Hubbard's book, "Dianetics" was published. Is that a coincidence or what? You decide.

The difference is, according to those who have bought into The Urantia fantasy, maintain, the book miraculously materialized out of nowhere. Whereas, Hubbard had to publish his works. Isn't that convenient?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Frankly, you don't know who wrote the books of the Bible beyond traditional attribution/assumption, and that is the truth. - plus there have are variations in manuscripts, scribal ommissions/additions, modifications done to various texts, even though most of these do not affect doctrine, some do have certain affections thereof. - we have creative license by the authors themselves as they wrote out their histories for their own reasons and purposes, no matter how inspired the narratives or teachings are,...they were scribed by human beings. The Bible is therefore authored by many different individuals from different time-periods for different reasons. All thru human mediums, taking into account their imperfections and translation preferences. There may have been some celestials spirits helping out, inspiring, influencing certain people as all mortals are subject to the influence of 'spirits' either for some good or evil cause.

See:

Contradictions in the Bible - very illuminating scholarly work. Not necessarily to discount or demote the Bible, but show how, why and in what cultural-context it was written, which account for apparent contradictions. Remember,...religious books are written by their human scribes for a purpose,....this purpose may be divinely inspired more or less, but it also bears the signature and colorings of its human writers.
I know the 66 books are inspired by God. You know celestials inspired sleeping people to wrote ub. I don't know who wrote ub for real. No one does. But I know who lead the pens of men in the Bible. I rather read what the holy Spirit said than what certian angels said. God Trumps angels at all times. You make angels trump God. Certian bad Angels tricked you in thinking there contradictions in God's own words. That's really bad news for you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
May the holy spirits of God guide us..............

May the holy spirits of God guide us..............

I know the 66 books are inspired by God.

Your belief is noted.

You know celestials inspired sleeping people to wrote ub.

I dont know for certain the extact method or technique the papers were brought about beyond what has been revealed about it in historical records, accounts, etc. and anything additional must be 'speculation'. Remember, you judge a book by its contents, not its 'cover'. (a 'cover' includes allusions or illusions about something presuming things about it without much investigation or research).

I don't know who wrote ub for real. No one does.

Human sources were used for some portions of the papers, and the revelators admitted to using such human knowledge sources that existed at the time in the 20th century, such represented the best thoughts and philosophical/religious understandings at that time among men, as well as the science from that era. They expanded upon it, enhanced major concepts therein and added 'revelation' only where necessary for the essentials of the new dispensation commensurate to man's need and ability to accept in preparation for the next epochal revelation, which may not be for several centuries. What was given is considered adequate for man's capacity and facilitation towards an era of Light and Life, until the next dispensation arrives. A sleeping subject was involved as he served as a 'clearning house' of sorts of various celestial personalities speaking thru him, while some papers miraculously appeared as well, while there is speculation that some later parts may have come thru by some other means of transmission. This is a matter of special research touched upon here previously.

See: Who wrote the UB?

Claims of Revelation: The Origin Story of The Urantia Book

But I know who lead the pens of men in the Bible. I rather read what the holy Spirit said than what certian angels said.

Your belief is again noted. You may also be reminded that the UB does not discount any inspiration or relevancy to the Bible and praises its place in man's historical literature as being a treasure of the best thoughts and religious teachings abled by man during those time periods, but introduces the concept of 'progressive revelation' and the validity as well as new dispensations of truth being illumined, older religious teachings confirmed, enhanced and expanded upon,....while truth itself is eternal, it is just unfolded or revealed in different dimensions and perfections in the stream of time. Hence our recognition of 'epochal revelations'.

God Trumps angels at all times. You make angels trump God.

Dont forget, I make no absolute claims about anything, but serve as an expositor/expounder of religious and philosophical concepts,...remember,...I try to keep my 'forte' as being focused on 'creative dialogue' and 'expanding consciousness'. So, your assumption of making angels trump 'God' is a bit fantastic if not a tad bit comical :) - Dont forget,...'God' uses ANGELS as his messenger,...they are spiritual servants, envoys, ministers....there are many different orders and kinds of angels (sons of God) as well, the UB lists many different kinds and their various duties or specialities, and admits there being many more beyond our knowledge or necessity at this time to know about. Even inbetween the Paradise Trinity and the various angel orders in the divine hiearchy, just below the divine Godhead are great cosmic beings of enormous power who help govern and coordinate the cosmic forces of space, matter, energy and the like - the descriptions of the formation of worlds and galaxies is pretty awesome.

Certian bad Angels tricked you in thinking there contradictions in God's own words. That's really bad news for you.

Well, I think those angels are figments of your own imagaination. The concept of "God's word" really needs to be reconsidered, since not all in the Bible claims to be God's own word, as much is merely a filler of stories. There are only a few passages within certain books where the LORD God claims to speak, as in a "thus saith the Lord" fashion, while all else is but attestation, profession, and propositions of the religious writers themselves, in 'fashioning' their records/accounts, writing such in the best way to serve their 'purpose' or 'agenda' for the texts. They are products of their writers, age and culture, so have the flavor and cultural belief inflections of those times, besides whatever relative or absolute truths or religious principles they might contain. Again,....we read a book by its 'content' but also consider its historical/religious affections, within whatever culture the info. came thru. While 'God' may be perfect, not all that comes thru man is. - this is why I've contended the CLAIM for 'inerrancy' in any given religious writing is 'unnecessary'.

Part 4 expounding on the goodnews of the kingdom preached by Jesus is well, GOOD NEWS. Your assumption of 'bad news' is but self projected, but unnecessary. If you examined the teachings of Jesus in Part 4 and discovered what is being 'communicated', I dont see how one could come to the 'conclusion' you are presuming. Any writing is a blend of both human or Spirit-influences. So, we have from your end of the dialogue, that you did once upon a time read the book? (the jury is still out there),...and simply refuse to read any of the UB quotes or passages posted here, as far as we know, so this limits your ability from the get-go to engage a wholly intellectually honest discussion. Since you already fully and absolutely know God (thats what it comes down to). So thats where we've been in much of this discussion here so far, in a very large ongoing thread.

Efforts at 'creative dialogue' or different approachs to expand consciousness would be greatly helfpul here, if we are to make this discussion a constructive insightful cooperation. So, I continue in that vein, seeing this as an ongoing adventure of creative writing,....taking it to an artistic level, since that is one opportunity to make of the space here, beyond a more dull dogmatic sharing of mere presumptions or 'beliefs', based on assumption, speculation or ignorance, ....but hey,....HOW we engage and the effects of such is UP TO US :)

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Your belief is noted.

I dont know for certain the extact method or technique the papers were brought about beyond what has been revealed about it in historical records, accounts, etc. and anything additional must be 'speculation'. Remember, you judge a book by its contents, not its 'cover'. (a 'cover' includes allusions or illusions about something presuming things about it without much investigation or research).

Human sources were used for some portions of the papers, and the revelators admitted to using such human knowledge sources that existed at the time in the 20th century, such represented the best thoughts and philosophical/religious understandings at that time among men, as well as the science from that era. They expanded upon it, enhanced major concepts therein and added 'revelation' only where necessary for the essentials of the new dispensation commensurate to man's need and ability to accept in preparation for the next epochal revelation, which may not be for several centuries. What was given is considered adequate for man's capacity and facilitation towards an era of Light and Life, until the next dispensation arrives. A sleeping subject was involved as he served as a 'clearning house' of sorts of various celestial personalities speaking thru him, while some papers miraculously appeared as well, while there is speculation that some later parts may have come thru by some other means of transmission. This is a matter of special research touched upon here previously.

See: Who wrote the UB?

Claims of Revelation: The Origin Story of The Urantia Book

Your belief is again noted. You may also be reminded that the UB does not discount any inspiration or relevancy to the Bible and praises its place in man's historical literature as being a treasure of the best thoughts and religious teachings abled by man during those time periods, but introduces the concept of 'progressive revelation' and the validity as well as new dispensations of truth being illumined, older religious teachings confirmed, enhanced and expanded upon,....while truth itself is eternal, it is just unfolded or revealed in different dimensions and perfections in the stream of time. Hence our recognition of 'epochal revelations'.

Dont forget, I make no absolute claims about anything, but serve as an expositor/expounder of religious and philosophical concepts,...remember,...I try to keep my 'forte' as being focused on 'creative dialogue' and 'expanding consciousness'. So, your assumption of making angels trump 'God' is a bit fantastic if not a tad bit comical :) - Dont forget,...'God' uses ANGELS as his messenger,...they are spiritual servants, envoys, ministers....there are many different orders and kinds of angels (sons of God) as well, the UB lists many different kinds and their various duties or specialities, and admits there being many more beyond our knowledge or necessity at this time to know about. Even inbetween the Paradise Trinity and the various angel orders in the divine hiearchy, just below the divine Godhead are great cosmic beings of enormous power who help govern and coordinate the cosmic forces of space, matter, energy and the like - the descriptions of the formation of worlds and galaxies is pretty awesome.

Well, I think those angels are figments of your own imagaination. The concept of "God's word" really needs to be reconsidered, since not all in the Bible claims to be God's own word, as much is merely a filler of stories. There are only a few passages within certain books where the LORD God claims to speak, as in a "thus saith the Lord" fashion, while all else is but attestation, profession, and propositions of the religious writers themselves, in 'fashioning' their records/accounts, writing such in the best way to serve their 'purpose' or 'agenda' for the texts. They are products of their writers, age and culture, so have the flavor and cultural belief inflections of those times, besides whatever relative or absolute truths or religious principles they might contain. Again,....we read a book by its 'content' but also consider its historical/religious affections, within whatever culture the info. came thru. While 'God' may be perfect, not all that comes thru man is. - this is why I've contended the CLAIM for 'inerrancy' in any given religious writing is 'unnecessary'.

Part 4 expounding on the goodnews of the kingdom preached by Jesus is well, GOOD NEWS. Your assumption of 'bad news' is but self projected, but unnecessary. If you examined the teachings of Jesus in Part 4 and discovered what is being 'communicated', I dont see how one could come to the 'conclusion' you are presuming. Any writing is a blend of both human or Spirit-influences. So, we have from your end of the dialogue, that you did once upon a time read the book? (the jury is still out there),...and simply refuse to read any of the UB quotes or passages posted here, as far as we know, so this limits your ability from the get-go to engage a wholly intellectually honest discussion. Since you already fully and absolutely know God (thats what it comes down to). So thats where we've been in much of this discussion here so far, in a very large ongoing thread.

Efforts at 'creative dialogue' or different approachs to expand consciousness would be greatly helfpul here, if we are to make this discussion a constructive insightful cooperation. So, I continue in that vein, seeing this as an ongoing adventure of creative writing,....taking it to an artistic level, since that is one opportunity to make of the space here, beyond a more dull dogmatic sharing of mere presumptions or 'beliefs', based on assumption, speculation or ignorance, ....but hey,....HOW we engage and the effects of such is UP TO US :)
Your praise to the kellogg boys is noted while you destruct the Bible.
Way too many "I don't know" in this topic. The tabloid of TOL

Last edited:
Hi TulipBee, the lives of fellowship of Urantia Book believing readers are illuminated by the light of the spiritual ideals they find within the text [even as they are illuminated by the spiritual truths found within all religions] - they are not concerned with 'Kellogg Boys' and quite a few would not even understand to whom you are referring. As for your assertion that we 'destruct the Bible' this is also a false claim. The Urantia Book offers considerable praise of the Torah, going so far as to make generous use of its more ennobling and enlightening truths. Much of the teaching of the Urantia Book is reflective of a great ecumenical and spiritual movement of the late 19th and early 20th century. As the star of the Scientific Method went into ascendancy the Bible was subject to ever greater scrutiny and thus being subject to the scientific method facts emerged that caused something of a seismic shift in the foundations of theology leading, in many ways, to the rise of atheistic science. The Urantia Book, in a spiritual sense, has its spiritual roots in the work of the French theologian August Sabatier: The Religions of Authority and the Religion of the Spirit: and the work American Preacher and Social Gospel Activist Ernest Fremont Tittle: The Religion of the Spirit. One of the aims of the UB is to contextualise the relationship between Science and Religion in a way that will end hostilities and lead to a more harmonious working relationship, while at the same time providing a greatly expanded vision of the life of the Master and an enhanced appreciation of the Universe.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hi TulipBee, the lives of fellowship of Urantia Book believing readers are illuminated by the light of the spiritual ideals they find within the text [even as they are illuminated by the spiritual truths found within all religions] - they are not concerned with 'Kellogg Boys' and quite a few would not even understand to whom you are referring. As for your assertion that we 'destruct the Bible' this is also a false claim. The Urantia Book offers considerable praise of the Torah, going so far as to make generous use of its more ennobling and enlightening truths. Much of the teaching of the Urantia Book is reflective of a great ecumenical and spiritual movement of the late 19th and early 20th century. As the star of the Scientific Method went into ascendancy the Bible was subject to ever greater scrutiny and thus being subject to the scientific method facts emerged that caused something of a seismic shift in the foundations of theology leading, in many ways, to the rise of atheistic science. The Urantia Book, in a spiritual sense, has its spiritual roots in the work of the French theologian August Sabatier: The Religions of Authority and the Religion of the Spirit: and the work American Preacher and Social Gospel Activist Ernest Fremont Tittle: The Religion of the Spirit. One of the aims of the UB is to contextualise the relationship between Science and Religion in a way that will end hostilities and lead to a more harmonious working relationship, while at the same time providing a greatly expanded vision of the life of the Master and an enhanced appreciation of the Universe.

Good stuff Strangepreacher! Welcome to TOL and welcome to the thread!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Ub claiming God made errors in the 66 book Bible is very bad news

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't claim that God made errors : none, zero, nada, not one, not ever. Humans, however, can hardly put one foot in front of the other without tripping up! ?

Unfortunately most of these people are just thread trolls, they have faith in Satan running the world with all sorts of powers.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Unfortunately most of these people are just thread trolls, they have faith in Satan running the world with all sorts of powers.
Defending your claims that the inspired writers made errors when they didn't make a single one.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
TulipBee, are you a Fundamentalist Christian, i.e.: read the scriptures literally?
I found proofs the 66 book Bible isn't written by men alone. It's not what it said. It's that the the hands of the writers were moved by God himself, word for word, letter by letter.
The ub writers were moved by unfamiliar spirits who fail the tests, failed to know Jesus. You give praises to ub written as truths while you give your own creator a stab in the back cause you agree that God made errors in his own words. Angels saves you while Jesus saves us, the whatchamacallit Christians.
The failed angels made you think it's the truths. They know how to do it to you. The true angels know God and the truths. The fallen ones are liairs and what you to fail.
This topic is epic fail cause it contains great hidden lies. Urantians are the real trolls of TOL. Requirements in the rules are to be Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.