Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers going out for Violet, and for you, Psalmist.

I would ask for prayers also. During a routine CT scan (done because I smoked many years ago), a 9mm nodule was found in the lower lobe of my left lung. The dr says it is probably nothing, but as soon as we can get insurance approval, I am to have a PET scan to see what it is. Needless to say, with my mother's dementia, and my father's poor health, my stress level is already pretty maxed out. I think I am feeling depressed (want to sleep, low energy, down in the dumps), and have a goodly bit of fear. Need some lifting up.
    Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by journey View Post
      I'd like to request prayer for my grand nephew who is 4 years old. His name is Michael, and he's been fighting leukemia now for just over a week. It's going to be a 3 1/2 year battle, and the little guy has a hard road ahead. His parents and grandparents are taking classes to teach them how to care for him and things to watch for when he's away from the hospital. Chemotherapy is rough for an adult, so you can imagine how hard it would be for a 4 year-old. Your prayers for little Michael and his entire family would be sincerely appreciated.
      Prayers for this little guy and his family. When my son was that age, a friend of his had leukemia, and had to go through chemo. It was harder on his parents, I think. Children are a lot tougher than they look - that 4 year old is now a healthy 23 year old, so don't be discouraged.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by Psalmist View Post
        TOLer's that post a prayer request on this thread, know this, though I may not readily reply to your request(s) I write on a list that is on the kitchen table and prat for your request.
        My aunt, Mary, used to write her prayer list and keep it on the fridge with a magnet so that she'd see it every morning when she got things ready for breakfast. She would pray for everyone on the list while drinking her morning coffee.
        They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

sigpic

Comment

• Praying.
          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

• Originally posted by Breathe View Post
            Prayers going out for Violet, and for you, Psalmist.

I would ask for prayers also. During a routine CT scan (done because I smoked many years ago), a 9mm nodule was found in the lower lobe of my left lung. The dr says it is probably nothing, but as soon as we can get insurance approval, I am to have a PET scan to see what it is. Needless to say, with my mother's dementia, and my father's poor health, my stress level is already pretty maxed out. I think I am feeling depressed (want to sleep, low energy, down in the dumps), and have a goodly bit of fear. Need some lifting up.
            You will be in my prayers.
            Jesus Christ Is God - See My Blogs

e-Sword - Great & Free Bible Study Software
            Official e-Sword download site (Freeware):

Thousands of FREE add-on modules for e-Sword:

Romans 10:9-10 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Comment

• I sincerely appreciate those who are praying for Michael and his family. It's a comfort for them to know that many are praying for them. Michael is showing a lot of courage for a 4 year-old and is cooperating fully with his treatments.

Romans 10:9-10 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Comment

• It would seem that I and my family are very needy this week: please pray for my husband and sister in law. Last night my brother in law passed away unexpectedly.

Comment

It would seem that I and my family are very needy this week: please pray for my husband and sister in law. Last night my brother in law passed away unexpectedly.
                  Oh Breathe. I'm so sorry. Your family and you are in my prayers.

I've just now seen your previous post, and will PM you asap.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Prayers going out for Violet, and for you, Psalmist.

Originally posted by Breathe View Post
                    It would seem that I and my family are very needy this week: please pray for my husband and sister in law. Last night my brother in law passed away unexpectedly.
                    You and your family are in my prayers, Breathe.
                    I think I'm hilarious.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

Comment

• Little 4 year-old Michael is in ICU with apparent complications from the chemotherapy. He has swelling of the brain and kidney malfunctions, so we would appreciate your continued prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by journey View Post
                          Little 4 year-old Michael is in ICU with apparent complications from the chemotherapy. He has swelling of the brain and kidney malfunctions, so we would appreciate your continued prayers.
                          Praying. Please keep us informed.

Thank you all for your prayers for me and mine. We are grateful.

Comment

• Thank you Psalmist, Breathe and Journey for helping me by showing courage and faith in the face of adversity. I've been floundering lately. I will be praying for you.
                            I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

• One of the guys I work with has been hospitalized. I think he had a stroke or something, because he can't walk or talk right now. I'm sure he and his family could use some prayers around this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Eyed Jack View Post
                                One of the guys I work with has been hospitalized. I think he had a stroke or something, because he can't walk or talk right now. I'm sure he and his family could use some prayers around this time.
                                I'll be praying.
                                I think I'm hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X