U.S. Christian Population in Freefall

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
awww

i was looking forward to reminding him that the Egyptians don't want the gaza strip palies any more than the israelis do

Gary K

When you bring as many people to faith in Christ as Billy Graham did, I will consider your opinion on the matter to have some weight. Until then...

So, you consider getting baptized the be-all and end-all of Christianity. Jesus says something a whole lot different.

Matthew 10: [SIZE=+1]34[/SIZE] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
[SIZE=+1]35[/SIZE] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
[SIZE=+1]36[/SIZE] And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
[SIZE=+1]37[/SIZE] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[SIZE=+1]38[/SIZE] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
[SIZE=+1]39[/SIZE] He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

The only way to know if anyone who has been baptized has been truly been brought to Christ is in the results of their lives. Jesus says if they don't love Him more than their own families they aren't worthy of Him. That means they were never brought to Jesus in the first place. Profession under an emotional impulse is a very unlikely source of a life long commitment like Jesus spells out above.

Here's what Jesus says about the value of a profession of Christianity:
Matthew 7:[SIZE=+1]21[/SIZE] ¶Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[SIZE=+1]22[/SIZE] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[SIZE=+1]23[/SIZE] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
U.S. Christian Population in Freefall
12% Drop in 10 Years – Pew

Christianity in the United States is declining at an unprecedented rate, a new study by the Pew Research Council revealed Thursday, and the percentage of Christians in the country has hit an all-time low.
5 years ago most Americans would have predicted that Donald J Trump would have been the last person on the moral and ethical spectrum with whom Evangelicals would align themselves!

In their effort to overturn Roe v Wade, Evangelicals have defied Biblical teaching and conventional wisdom by embracing the misguided strategy that "the ends justify the means" - risking their credibility in the eyes of the American public in the hope that Trump will deliver as promised!

This "marriage of convenience" may have added 2 conservative justices to the Supreme Court but Evangelicals appear oblivious to the price they have paid and will continue to pay for decades to come!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This "marriage of convenience" may have added 2 conservative justices to the Supreme Court but Evangelicals appear oblivious to the price they have paid and will continue to pay for decades to come!

It it was just politicized evangelicals, it would be poetic justice. But Christ-following evangelicals and other Christians of all persuasions are going to be hurt as well.