Mueller turns up the heat on impeachment

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A majority of self-described American voters surveyed in a new INSIDER poll agreed with Republican Rep. Justin Amash that President Donald Trump "committed impeachable offenses."

Among respondents who said they were registered to vote, 54% agreed.

The problem comes when you break that down by party and understanding which party controls the prosecuting body for impeachment.

Amash is the first Republican lawmaker to call for Trump's impeachment based on Robert Mueller's findings in the special counsel's Russia investigation.
We'll see if he's the last. It's hard for me to imagine someone as amoral as Trump not crossing a line, but it's not hard for me to imagine him being smart enough (or hiring smart enough people) to be sure that crossing is undocumented and impossible to prove.

The offense was lying, BTW. Allegedly under oath although the judge in the case didn't think so.

Imagine how many articles of impeachment there would be if democrats thought Trump lying was impeachable...
It wasn't just lying though, but under oath. That's how they justified it. You need a criminal act with evidence. We'll see how it all shakes out. I still suspect the ballot box will be the determiner, but after the S.Ct. fiasco, you can understand why.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Wait - trump put a rapist on the supreme court?

Surely that is worthy of impeachment, um?

ok doser

Unfortunately, democracy doesn't have enough qualifying requirements for participation

In particular, it makes no effort to exclude the stupid

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, democracy doesn't have enough qualifying requirements for participationIn particular, it makes no effort to exclude the stupid

There should be a test in Latin and a bare-knuckle fight to survive before voting.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
Wait - trump put a rapist on the supreme court?

Surely that is worthy of impeachment, um?

Trump has created so many violations that one can get confused on which one's are the worst and then giving up on picking out the worst, they then give up and say nothing.

ok doser

Trump has created so many violations that one can get confused on which one's are the worst and then giving up on picking out the worst, they then give up and say nothing.

Ok, that's an interesting theory to explain the ineptitude of the left - they're easily confused

Got anything else?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You mean the time when half the US went nuts and falsely accused a nominee of rape because they hate donaldtrump?

That fiasco?
No, the one where a nominee I supported went before Congress and demonstrated a temperament unsuited to the bench, but got the job anyway. That fiasco.

Democracy is stupid.
Only if you confuse that statement with the definition of democracy. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Overwhelm the system, manufacture a crisis: Cloward-Piven.

I've said here before that the right has co-opted for its own use tactics it used to bleat warnings about, like Alinsky and Cloward-Piven. Given that I'd been warned by conservatives many times over the years about both, it's been interesting to see those familiar ideas being used repeatedly now by the right. So after reading your postI started doing a little searching and happened by? Something from American Thinker going back over ten years ago, when the right was suffering from the Acute Obama Apoplexies:

. . . And this is where I have to sing the praises of Alinsky and Cloward-Piven. They have given us a way to "spike their wheels." . . . .
Thanks Saul Alinsky, and Doctors Cloward and Piven. Even if it's not the change the two of you hoped for, we might just see if your ideas really work.

[h=1]Praising Saul Alinsky and Cloward-Piven[/h]Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis

So anytime the right brings up Alinsky or manufactured crisis in future, I'm just gonna laugh.... :chuckle:

ok doser

Overwhelm the system, manufacture a crisis: Cloward-Piven.

I've said here before that the right has co-opted for its own use tactics it used to bleat warnings about, like Alinsky and Cloward-Piven. Given that I'd been warned by conservatives many times over the years about both, it's been interesting to see those familiar ideas being used repeatedly now by the right. So after reading your postI started doing a little searching and happened by? Something from American Thinker going back over ten years ago, when the right was suffering from the Acute Obama Apoplexies:

[FONT=&]. . . And this is where I have to sing the praises of Alinsky and Cloward-Piven. They have given us a way to "spike their wheels." [FONT=&]. . . . [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&]Thanks Saul Alinsky, and Doctors Cloward and Piven. Even if it's not the change the two of you hoped for, we might just see if your ideas really work.

[/FONT]
[h=1]Praising Saul Alinsky and Cloward-Piven[/h][FONT=&]Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis

[/FONT]

So anytime the right brings up Alinsky or manufactured crisis in future, I'm just gonna laugh.... :chuckle:

So that's why the left has been so ineffective in impeaching trump - because the right used their tactics against them effectively?

You're right - that is hilarious! :darwinsm:

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
ok doser , It is interesting that---
the number# of your post is--
Actually the first post you
have ever read.?

Cooinsidence or what-?
just asking :)-

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
"There should be a test in Latin and a bare-knuckle fight to survive before voting."

I'll take trump on bloindfolded

Just to give Trump an even chance

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
You mean the time when half the US went nuts and falsely accused a nominee of rape because they hate donaldtrump?

That fiasco?
..,.,.,..You mean the time when half the US went nuts and falsely accused a nominee of rape because they hate donaldtrump?

That fiasco?

looking back; yes, half or more were duppted to do mda trunmop

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
So that's why the left has been so ineffective in impeaching trump - because the right used their tactics against them effectively?

You're right - that is hilarious! :darwinsm:

You're right - that is hilarious!
above not my ewordes :)-

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, the one where a nominee I supported went before Congress and demonstrated a temperament unsuited to the bench, but got the job anyway. That fiasco.
:rotfl:

So you don't care that multiple people accused him falsely and half the nation, including a blanket denouncement by one party, just went along with it.

You're going with "temperament"? :rotfl:

Fine. I think his temperament was not strident enough. He should have told his accusers to go to hell and walked out. That would have been worthy of a seat on something calling itself a "supreme" court.