Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

quip

BANNED
Banned
God's standards have not changed in the 3,500 years since they were written down by Moses..

I am not declaring my own opinion (like you are doing), I am declaring what God said, as written down in the scriptures.

Of course you are! So is everyone else..many of which oppose yours. Can you ALL be correct? Perhaps the one who "declares" the loudest wins!!

genuineoriginal

Of course you are! So is everyone else..many of which oppose yours. Can you ALL be correct? Perhaps the one who "declares" the loudest wins!!
Please show me anyone posting scriptures that say the death penalty has been repealed by God, or stop being a :troll:.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Please show me anyone posting scriptures that say the death penalty has been repealed by God, or stop being a :troll:.

Read the biblical arguments for and against here.
This only illustrates my point: the Bible can (and will) be interpreted in varying ways supporting various motives and biases. :idunno:

genuineoriginal

Read the biblical arguments for and against here.
This only illustrates my point: the Bible can (and will) be interpreted in varying ways supporting various motives and biases. :idunno:
I am posting what God actually commanded.
You are arguing that the Bible can be misinterpreted in ways that overturn God's commands.

Nice try, but no dice.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ok doser at least has the courage of his convictions. You, Stripe, utterly lack any courage in your convictions.
:yawn:

This thread, this topic is all about making it personal. That is EXACTLY what Jesus did when addressed the crowd that brought the woman before him This thread is about looking into yourself and asking if you have met the standard Christ established for casting the first stone and if you have the courage of those convictions.

Emotionalism.

The topic is the law and justice. As we've seen, you hate both.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You're no stranger to that particular shade of red. Should I emulate you?
Barb was perma-banned because he broke the rules. Doser was temp-banned because he broke the rules. You want to emulate them in breaking the rules?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Though Jesus said: John 8:7
I'm sorry, were you trying to say that Jesus repealed the death penalty? Because,on top of the fact that one verse does not a doctrine make, I see no repeal in that verse.

In fact, when I look at all the other times God forgave adulterers, He still expected that the death penalty be enforced...

Would you care to see the verses?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry, were you trying to say that Jesus repealed the death penalty? Because,on top of the fact that one verse does not a doctrine make, I see no repeal in that verse.

In fact, when I look at all the other times God forgave adulterers, He still expected that the death penalty be enforced...

Would you care to see the verses?

It was an entreaty from Jesus regarding judicious compassion.. not a law.
Where are you confused...the compassion part?

Re: WWJD

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was an entreaty from Jesus regarding judicious compassion.. not a law.

Nope. It was proper application of the law. You have the excuse of being ignorant, but you should read the law and see how unjust the case was.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk