Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

quip

BANNED
Banned

quip

BANNED
Banned
Nope. It was proper application of the law. You have the excuse of being ignorant, but you should read the law and see how unjust the case was.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yes it was a proper application. Now get that through JR's thick skull.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can't discern different levels of compassion for a murderer to that of a adulteress or homosexual?

If not, you have more problems than spiritual arrogance.
What don't you get about "compassion for the criminal is not allowed"?
Yes it was a proper application. Now get that through JR's thick skull.
It was indeed a proper application. The woman was found innocent due to lack of witnesses.

quip

BANNED
Banned
What don't you get about "compassion is not allowed"?It was indeed a proper application. The woman was found innocent due to lack of witnesses.

Compassion always needs consideration..it differentiates humankind from the mindless brute.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Compassion is always needs consideration..it differentiates humankind from the mindless brute.
Compassion is to be shown to the victims of crime. No compassion is to be shown to the criminal.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Mindless brute it is! :idunno:

Historically speaking that has a sad, familiar ring to it.
Calling God's law a "mindless brute" doesn't honor God. Imma ask you to stop, now.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Calling God's law a "mindless brute" doesn't honor God. Imma ask you to stop, now.

God has nothing to do with you being a relic. It's time for you to evolve. Christians such as yourself only bring disdain for the religion. Somehow I sense you're fine with that. Yes?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God has nothing to do with you being a relic. It's time for you to evolve. Christians such as yourself only bring disdain for the religion. Somehow I sense you're fine with that. Yes?
:blabla:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Given that response, I'll assume that's a 'yes'.
You proudly extol the'us versus them' mentality which brings nothing to the table except pain and suffering to the world.
:blabla:

I'm sorry, were you trying to say something?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Emotionalism.

The topic is the law and justice. As we've seen, you hate both.

Are you able to address a topic directly? All you do is throw words around without EVER addressing the points people raise with you.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you able to address a topic directly? All you do is throw words around without EVER addressing the points people raise with you.
Nope.

For instance:

I think that John 8 certainly raises the standard as to when [the DP] should be applied.

Directly: You think John 8 somehow diminishes the law, despite Jesus being explicit. "I didn't come to abolish the law." "Not one letter will be removed."

You invent your own standards and berate others for not agreeing with them.

You think emotionalism advances the discussion. It doesn't. It only makes you a troll.

Learn to engage sensibly: Either reject scripture, or uphold it. Don't come to us with obviously anti-Bible nonsense trying to pass it off as legitimate.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Nope.

For instance:

Directly: You think John 8 somehow diminishes the law, despite Jesus being explicit. "I didn't come to abolish the law." "Not one letter will be removed."

You invent your own standards and berate others for not agreeing with them.

You think emotionalism advances the discussion. It doesn't. It only makes you a troll.

Learn to engage sensibly: Either reject scripture, or uphold it. Don't come to us with obviously anti-Bible nonsense trying to pass it off as legitimate.

See? You did it again. You take one verse out of the passage and that is the only thing you look at. It completely ignores what the passage says as whole.

By the way, I have noticed that you still have not said whether or not you would cast the first stone. Why have you not answered that question?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
In an age when "children" rape their teachers and set off bombs, I'd say that each case needs to be judged individually, always leaning towards mercy, but also delivering justice

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
The real question you are asking is whether you are willing to believe what God says.

Was God wrong to say that the adulterers are to be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.​

Was God wrong to say that the witnesses are to be the first to put them to death, followed by the rest of the community?

Deuteronomy 17:7
7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.​

Was God wrong to say that the witnesses had to be investigated by the judges before anyone was to be put to death?

Deuteronomy 19:16-20
16 If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
17 Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
20 And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.​

If God is not wrong, then why are you fighting against Him?

No, the real question, the only question, I am asking is if you personally will cast the first stone.