Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes. You could be a liar.
Which has nothing to do with whether the statement "This statement is true" is true or false.

So again I ask, is the phrase "This statement is true," ever wrong?
Experientially speaking..yes.
So it's absolutely true that you are not wrong that there are no absolute truths?

You just contradicted yourself.

Why should I trust you, when you can't even make a consistent logical argument?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Which has nothing to do with whether the statement "This statement is true" is true or false.

So again I ask, is the phrase "This statement is true," ever wrong?So it's absolutely true that you are not wrong that there are no absolute truths?

You just contradicted yourself.

Why should I trust you, when you can't even make a consistent logical argument?

Because mankind must work within the limitations of reason and logic. Beyond that requires faith.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because mankind must work within the limitations of reason and logic. Beyond that requires faith.
And you are not logical.

Faith isn't illogical.

You haven't answered my question:

Is "This statement is true" ever false?

quip

BANNED
Banned
And you are not logical.

Faith isn't illogical.

You haven't answered my question:

Is "This statement is true" ever false?
No.

If you understand the limits of knowledge you'd realize that your statement "is this statement true[?]" is tautological. We need further info. In effect you're stating "is this (true) statement true?" Mere circular rhetoric. :idunno:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you understand the limits of knowledge you'd realize that your statement "is this statement true[?]" is tautological. It can be neither true nor false without further info. In effect you're stating "is this (true) statement true?" Mere circular rhetoric. :idunno:
Twisting my question isn't gonna fly with me.

I asked "Is 'this statement is true' ever false?".
Could you please answer "yes" or "no". And if "yes", please provide a scenario where that statement (not question) is false.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Twisting my question isn't gonna fly with me.

I asked "Is 'this statement is true' ever false?".
Could you please answer "yes" or "no". And if "yes", please provide a scenario where that statement (not question) is false.

No it can never be false...because "This (true) statement is true."is a useless tautology.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One man's obfuscation is another man's embracement of ignorance.
And yet we could look at what each side has to say and determine which is more compelling.

For instance, in this case I asked a simple question that should always be answered with a "yes," but you took several rounds of prodding before you said "no" amid a whole bunch of unrelated noise.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk