Alt-righter plows into crowd of anti-racists in Charlottesville

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But don't complain over your lumps.
:think: I think I agree, depending on what strikes you as complaining. Letters from a jail?

Also, if the hosers were not breaking the law, we have no right to condemn them for following the law.
Sure we do. If the law serves something evil. If the evil is known. If it can be known by the light of reason. If it is known and spoken to by others near.

Then we have to stand in the path of the water and take our lumps too.

If the law is immoral, you can praise those who refuse to obey it, but you cannot judge them if they do obey because hindsight reveals that whole society was racially immoral.
So long as the truth is before a people they may be judged by embracing the lie.

Never judge a person for simply living out the morality of his society.
Said everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah, I suspect.

That's why I don't condemn the cops who were hosing the black protestors.
And that's why I always will.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Charles Barkley Labeled ‘White Supremacist’
By Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
August 26, 2017

For telling black people to stop worrying about statues, get an education, and stop killing each other.

Whoo hoo, you go Charles Barkley who grew up in Alabama and is certainly no white supremacist.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
An Ohio alt-righter has been arrested in the beating of Deandre Harris:

PD: Former Mason High School student charged in Charlottesville attack

27xp-charlottesville-2-master675.jpg

Maybe they wanted to get even for this charlotte-protesters-beat-then-drag-naked-white-man-through-parking-garage:
charlotte-protesters-beat-then-drag-naked-white-man-through-parking-garage_1.jpg

Didnt you and other libbies like you claim it was "understandable"?

And before you get your panties in a wad and attack me, i think neither is ok and all of them on both sides should be in jail. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How does Town see the "success" of Obama? :idunno:

Success for bammy, take race relations back 30 years. They miss their messiah (weird how america was not filled with white supremecy during his tenure, and had been relegated to nothing. Now most americans and most whites are supremacists. (did they become that because of obama? Something weird happened, their narrative cant be both ways)

They hate America and are so bored they have to invent things to cry about. They would do better to worship and trust the Lord who is the only one capable of bringing real change, but their ilk think they are more holy and righteous and moral than God.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'll answer on it.
Capital. :)

Yes, the Ven Diagram with Conservative voters and People who fly Confederate flags and Neo Nazis have a lot of overlap.
What of it?
But then you didn't. Don't mistake me, any sort of effort is better than the sum of what came before it from the right, but I didn't ask if the people who fly those flags (some in error, some in malice) or the various racists who nestle under the umbrella of a conservative banner can be found there. Anyone with eyes can see they do. They're over the moon for Trump, for Pete's sake.

I asked my friends to the right to consider why. And maybe in the answer to that is another sort of mission.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Success for bammy, take race relations back 30 years. They miss their messiah (weird how america was not filled with white supremecy during his tenure, and had been relegated to nothing. Now most americans and most whites are supremacists. (did they become that because of obama? Something weird happened, their narrative cant be both ways)

They hate America and are so bored they have to invent things to cry about. They would do better to worship and trust the Lord who is the only one capeable of bring real change, but their ilk think they are more holy and righteous and moral than God.
Many in this left wing movement don't even believe in God, they are addicted to identity politics and they feed their addiction by yelling "racist" "nazi" "alt right" etc. Whenever they compare Trump supporters to Nazis, they automatically lose the argument. I have never seen this much talk of Nazis in my life, even here on TOL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Capital. :)

But then you didn't. Don't mistake me, any sort of effort is better than the sum of what came before it from the right, but I didn't ask if the people who fly those flags (some in error, some in malice) or the various racists who nestle under the umbrella of a conservative banner can be found there. Anyone with eyes can see they do. They're over the moon for Trump, for Pete's sake.

I asked my friends to the right to consider why. And maybe in the answer to that is another sort of mission.
I thought I said it before, but what if these white supremacists and similar groups believe more in conservative values, faith, gun rights, the interpretation of the Constitution, limited government etc.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Many in this left wing movement don't even believe in God, they are addicted to identity politics and they feed their addiction by yelling "racist" "nazi" "alt right" etc. Whenever they compare Trump supporters to Nazis, they automatically lose the argument. I have never seen this much talk of Nazis in my life, even here on TOL

Jesus is coming back soon.

Matthew 24:10 At that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another, 11and many false prophets will arise and mislead many. 12 Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.…

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Nazis and white supremacists/racists have clearly stated it was Trump who gave them new life. So no surprise you didn't hear so much about them before Trump's candidacy.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Many in this left wing movement don't even believe in God
Misleading. Who did Christopher Hitchens, noted atheist, go to bat for? The right. The fact is that atheists comprise a pretty small sliver of the population and if they committed entirely to one political side it wouldn't amount to much.

they are addicted to identity politics and they feed their addiction by yelling "racist" "nazi" "alt right" etc.
When you allow your political bias to trivialize serious matters you ultimately trivialize your impact and not much more.

Whenever they compare Trump supporters to Nazis, they automatically lose the argument.
You don't have to compare some Trump supporters to Nazis. They're actually Nazis.

I have never seen this much talk of Nazis in my life, even here on TOL
It's probably because the Nazis keep showing up to your rallies. :plain: Just a guess, mind you.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nazis and white supremacists/racists have clearly stated it was Trump who gave them new life. So no surprise you didn't hear so much about them before Trump's candidacy.

yeah, they all of a sudden became huge when they had been relegated to nothing before bammy got elected and then shown to BE nothing when he got another term, your words.

So what happened anna? Are you lying now, or did you lie then? Both cant be true.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why would Trump give them new life? He has never had anything to do with them. Perhaps they saw what half of America saw, a honest, hard working patriot that is not influenced by special interest groups and the like. Just because bad people like Trump is no reason blame Trump. I'm sure their membership has grown with all the media support.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why would Trump give them new life? He has never had anything to do with them. Perhaps they saw what half of America saw, a honest, hard working patriot that is not influenced by special interest groups and the like. Just because bad people like Trump is no reason blame Trump. I'm sure their membership has grown with all the media support.

Here's one of so very many quotes I could give you:

During a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. on Saturday, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said the event is in line with President Trump’s “promises.”

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

During a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. on Saturday, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said the event is in line with President Trump’s “promises.”

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”
That's just one former something or another saying that, which a misinterpretation of what Trump was conveying. To take back the country from the swamp (the left). Trump can't help what or how people interpret what he ran on.

drbrumley

Seems pretty vague...you got more of the speech

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

And anyone could quote terrorists who supported obama and i could kill in your name, would that mean you made me do it or supported it?

Stop spreading false guilt just because you can barely function. Get back to God and then find something better to do with your mind and heart, He is waiting, Anna.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I thought I said it before, but what if these white supremacists and similar groups believe more in conservative values, faith, gun rights, the interpretation of the Constitution, limited government etc.
I suspect there's some truth to that. But they're turning out for Trump like they never did for his predecessors. They're bolder than I can recall since my childhood. And the Republican party has rhetorically trumpeted all of those things for a very long time. Something is different in this...Maybe the difference there is in the rhetoric of the president, who he put in power around him, and maybe in some of his ideas, from the wall to the Muslim ban, from calling a judge Mexican and describing most Mexicans in fairly unsavory terms...maybe it's in the martial in it. Maybe they see a sympathetic streak in him, one pulled reluctantly into criticism. Maybe all of it in sum...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's just one former something or another

Not just a former something or other, a former Ku Klux Klan leader who happens to be a white nationalist holocaust denier.

saying that, which a misinterpretation of what Trump was conveying. To take back the country from the swamp (the left). Trump can't help what or how people interpret what he ran on.

No, it's not a misinterpretation, I'd bet they'd take issue with someone saying they misinterpreted Trump. He was endorsed by the Daily Stormer, for what they saw in him that was like them. His stand on immigration, Muslims, the border wall, 'taking back our country.'

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not just a former something or other, a former Ku Klux Klan leader who happens to be a white nationalist holocaust denier.

No, it's not a misinterpretation, I'd bet they'd take issue with someone saying they misinterpreted Trump. He was endorsed by the Daily Stormer, for what they saw in him that was like them. His stand on immigration, Muslims, the border wall, 'taking back our country.'

And you quote nazis on your quote thread and defend agreeing with the sentiment, are you a nazi anna, you have to be since you agree with them, means you support them, see how your own twisted logic works?

ClimateSanity

So long as the truth is before a people they may be judged by embracing the lie.....Town

Was the truth truly before the southern culture as clearly and distinctly as it was before the northern culture?

If you are uneducated and your religion backs up your culture, you will be tone deaf to the high phalluten ways of the educated Yankees. I take it you feel this plays no part in the responsibility that culture had for their way of life? You are inviting the idea that the people of the north were a morally superior people to the people of the south. Are you sure you want to stand by that idea?