Trump - Too Dumb To Be President?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I tagged you in another thread also, making two. Plus other posts in those threads, making my score even higher. I asked a fairly damaging question of Trump, is he too dumb to be President?
It's not a criticism to ask a question you mean to answer in a way that benefits the object. It's a rhetorical device.

But your brainwashed mind can't see that, you thinks it's "cosmetic"
No, it was cosmetic. Every single criticism you gave, largely couched, was that in the quote.

And, again, for those playing at home, I only just noted (twice, and once against opposition to the original quote) the president getting a thing right. Something I'd like to see a lot more of. I see what's there to be seen.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's not a criticism to ask a question you mean to answer in a way that benefits the object. It's a rhetorical device.

No, it was cosmetic. Every single criticism you gave, largely couched, was that in the quote.

And, again, for those playing at home, I only just noted (twice, and once against opposition to the original quote) the president getting a thing right. Something I'd like to see a lot more of. I see what's there to be seen.
Yes, you reluctantly said a good thing, noting that Trump handed out food and made an appearance. Although his first appearance wasn't good enough for you, it was the SECOND visit that appealed to your senses. It's nothing but optics for the left.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes, you reluctantly said a good thing,
See, that's the depth of your bias speaking. No one and nothing made me make the comment.

noting that Trump handed out food and made an appearance
And comforted kids. He did other things, but I think the appearance was the most important thing he could have done for Houston. Symbolism and the focus of rhetoric can be that in a president. It was something I'd like to see more of.

Although his first appearance wasn't good enough for you
It was poorly done. A lot of what he gets wrong often enough was in it. The correction was encouraging.

it was the SECOND visit that appealed to your senses.
Right, the first one was awful. Now if I was committed to being what you think I am I would have ignored the second, emphasized the first (I never did) and gone on about my business.

It's nothing but optics for the left.
And that, PJ, is why your "give him a chance/try to see X" bits were false notes.

You can't give a zealot anything but capitulation. Everything else is subject to an irrationally rooted suspicion and insufficiency.

You don't want me to note the good, because it interferes with your narrative.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Everyone here knows I am a Trump supporter, but the question arises, is he too dumb to be president? He talks too much and seems to have no couth, no common sense, no manners and no understanding of this election. He frequently talks like a high school kid. ANYBODY ELSE would beat Hellary hands down and she will not win as much as Trump lost it on his own. There's still a remote chance for Trump with one more debate tomorrow. Trump needs to stick to the issues.

AAr5Fmp.img

If it was just a matter of intelligence, there would have been a perceptible improvement in "Donald J.'s" attempt to act presidential over time!

Most individuals are humbled by assuming the mantle of the presidency - with Trump its the exact opposite!

Trump's approach is one of "entitlement" - there are no separation of powers, Congress, the Courts and the country all exist for the express purpose of "stroking" his inflated ego!

Status
Not open for further replies.