"Don't talk to the police without a lawyer first."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleekster View Post
    That's my mother's side of the family right there...and so NOT me...but i'm too fiercely independant for my own good sometimes and fail to recognize when i'm out of my league.
    You're not alone. My parents raised me with caring, respect and fairness, but my mother also continued to verbally and sexually abuse me. She couldn't help it. She, too, was raised by a dysfunctional mother.

Luckily after my conversion to Christ I was able to state my childhood pain and build the bridges to them before they passed on.

Now I miss them every day. They died more than 10 years ago, not so far apart.

Comment

Originally posted by aikido7 View Post
      ...My parents raised me with caring, respect and fairness, but my mother also continued to verbally and sexually abuse me. She couldn't help it. She, too, was raised by a dysfunctional mother...
      The more I understand what happened to a person during his or her childhood, the more I understand their current ideology.

Back to the OP:

"Don't talk to the police without a lawyer first".

So if a police officer comes to your door and asks if you saw anything suspicious the night before because your neighbor's house was burglarized, you should always lawyer up? Why not assist the officer with his investigation instead of hindering it?

Granted, if you're the key suspect in a murder investigation and are absolutely innocent, it might be a good idea to lawyer up, but if you're guilty, isn't admitting that you did wrong the key to redemption?
      The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
      http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
      http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Comment

Originally posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
        I guess you don't know me, I live in a world guided by common sense.
        You do?! How come none of its rubbed off?
        Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Ask if they would like to hear about how JESUS Saves .

I talked to 2 policemen about the latest Movie " 2012 " that I had just seen.

and he let me off with a caution.

Comment

Originally posted by OCTOBER23 View Post

Er, so you mean the movie from three years ago with John Cussack? Not sure how that has any bearing on anything really and what were you cautioned for?
            Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

The more I understand what happened to a person during his or her childhood, the more I understand their current ideology.
              That's exactly what I have learned. It has helped me immensely in my career as a mediator, a student of nonviolence and my work with end stage cancer patients and their families.

A knowledge of someone's history and testimony prevents us from seeing them in a superficial way and learning their actual good intentions behind their behavior.

Unless we do the heavy lifting to connect with the abuse and dismissive treatment we got as a child, we will continue to unwittingly treat others in our life as we were treated.

We should fully grieve our childhood and then move on.

Back to the OP:

So if a police officer comes to your door and asks if you saw anything suspicious the night before because your neighbor's house was burglarized, you should always lawyer up? Why not assist the officer with his investigation instead of hindering it?
              I certainly would help. But if I were the member of a minority which always had to contend with police behavior towards myself and others, I would wisely stay out of the whole thing.

And this is nothing new. Police largely don't get much respect or cooperation in minority communities. For good, understandable reasons.

Granted, if you're the key suspect in a murder investigation and are absolutely innocent, it might be a good idea to lawyer up, but if you're guilty, isn't admitting that you did wrong the key to redemption?
              Of course it is the case that both the guilty and the innocent "lawyer up." I am surprised most police authorities and folks like yourself do not believe this.

Redemption is ultimately a private affair. Just because we are made right with God does not mean we publicly parade around our perfections. Jesus didn't think much of the people who did this in his own day.

Comment

Back to the OP:

What does "OP" mean?

Comment

You're not alone. My parents raised me with caring, respect and fairness, but my mother also continued to verbally and sexually abuse me. She couldn't help it. She, too, was raised by a dysfunctional mother.
                  i understand....my father physically abused me and my mother is a emotional manipulator and controller....just thought i'd share since you did to be fair
                  Religion can never reform mankind, because religion is slavery.

Comment

What does "OP" mean?
                    Original Post
                    Religion can never reform mankind, because religion is slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleekster View Post
                      i understand....my father physically abused me and my mother is a emotional manipulator and controller....just thought i'd share since you did to be fair
                      I hope your faith has helped you admit that you are broken and that Jesus can heal your spirit.

Unless we become aware of the wounds of childhood, we will forever be unwittingly passing the abuse onto our own children and others.

Breaking the cycle is important.

I myself am always engaged in doing just that.

Comment

That's exactly what I have learned. It has helped me immensely in my career as a mediator, a student of nonviolence and my work with end stage cancer patients and their families.

A knowledge of someone's history and testimony prevents us from seeing them in a superficial way and learning their actual good intentions behind their behavior.

Unless we do the heavy lifting to connect with the abuse and dismissive treatment we got as a child, we will continue to unwittingly treat others in our life as we were treated.

We should fully grieve our childhood and then move on.
                        With the proper psychological therapy many people do. Others unfortunately take their nightmare of a childhood with them into adulthood and find out ways to shape their twisted idea of moral doctrine around it.

;-)
                        The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
                        http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
                        http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Comment

And poor ole Granite seems to think that a slip of the tongue alone by the suspect is enough to convict a person.

Why don't you unblock me and ask me yourself?
                          you get along well with others -

Comment

"I did nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide, therefore I would be happy to assist you in your investigation Detective."

It's too bad that people go running to shysters instead of making statements like I just did.
                            yeah, cops never hear that. they always hear "i did it officer, whatever it is" - ac dub has a warped view of the world - closet fag

Comment

Originally posted by OCTOBER23 View Post

Did you speak to them about your latest "end of the world" predictions?

Comment

"I did nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide, therefore I would be happy to assist you in your investigation Detective."
                                That, my friend, would be an immediate red-flag!

Better lawyer up aCW! ...you're headin' downtown.
                                _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

Working...
                                X