"Don't talk to the police without a lawyer first."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean the thread you've posted in more than he has? That the sad thread you mean?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4467560&postcount=10

I see this as yet another cop bashing thread. If you would like to have an open debate without playing your typical childish games like the aCW vs Granite video that you posted, I'm here.

Oh and musterion, thanks for showing restraint, as you haven't reported me (yet) for being...what was it you called me last time...

a "troll"?

Cedarbay

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agree with this lawyer's advice, as we've read the same advice in a monthly blog we subscribe to from a local law firm. Citizen is to say, "no", if stopped and asked, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Admit nothing.

We also respect our police and fire fighters.

How can you respect police officers if you're not cooperating with them when they're doing their job? (their job being public safety).

If you knew that you were going 80 MPH in a 55 MPH zone, why not admit it and redeem yourself instead of attempting to get out of an action that was both dangerous and irresponsible?

whitestone

I see that Black Lives Matter is represented here on TOL.

No really,I do suppose the blacks have faced this for years(it's what's current in the news is why I quoted it),,that aside though this thread doesn't mention different races in it. It as long as it was someone else faced with fear in the presence of these same policemen was/is one thing.

I am a,,,hmmm Iberian,Spaniard,German,Jewish,dutch? The t.v. is an odd thing,it's easy to prop our feet up on the coffee table and go "oh those poor people" and then change the channel. Today though not only are those who we saw on t.v. afraid to do this or that when they answer the knock and it's the police,we also are, the fearful part is that we cannot change the channel to a station where it is them in stead of us,we cry in the night instead of the morning.

The eight amendment states in each case that nothing excessive might be imposed upon you,and if then innocent no penalty is constitutional. Who is opening the door then is the key if guilty,they cannot plead the eight,and I suggest the fifth,,and a phone call,,,

Cedarbay

How can you respect police officers if you're not cooperating with them when they're doing their job? (their job being public safety).

If you knew that you were going 80 MPH in a 55 MPH zone, why not admit it and redeem yourself instead of attempting to get out of an action that was both dangerous and irresponsible?
Refusing to answer a question that would admit guilt, is not being uncooperative. It is retaining our right to remain silent.

Now, is it sin to travel outside of the speed limit? Yes.

Are we to obey the law? Yes

Are we to be respectful to authority? Yes

We do not dishonor God by asking for a lawyer when accused of a crime.

whitestone

pleading the fifth is pleading the fifth,,,remaining silent is remaining silent,if you plead the fifth you did not remain silent,if you remain silent,,,,"you did not plead the fifth",,,

Cedarbay

pleading the fifth is pleading the fifth,,,remaining silent is remaining silent,if you plead the fifth you did not remain silent,if you remain silent,,,,"you did not plead the fifth",,,
Refusing to answer a question, done politely and without desire to aggravate, is different from pleading the fifth post-arrest. One is Mirandized only if arrested.

Perhaps I am wrong. Open to being corrected.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Refusing to answer a question that would admit guilt, is not being uncooperative. It is retaining our right to remain silent.

According to the laws of man you are correct, now let's talk about the laws of God.

Hence the difference between your version of Christianity and mine. When I know that I've done something wrong I own up to it. You on the other hand lawyer up.

Tell me Cedarbay, will you have a lawyer with you when you meet God on your judgment day? (I won't go into what He'd say if you pleaded the 5th).

Christian Liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

According to the laws of man you are correct, now let's talk about the laws of God.

Hence the difference between your version of Christianity and mine. When I know that I've done something wrong I own up to it. You on the other hand lawyer up.

Tell me Cedarbay, will you have a lawyer with you when you meet God on your judgment day? (I won't go into what He'd say if you pleaded the 5th).

Since "speeding" is not an inherently evil activity government (Romans 13:3-4) has no jurisdiction over it. As such it is completely appropriate to refuse to ASSIST them in robbing you for doing it.

Cedarbay

Since "speeding" is not an inherently evil activity government (Romans 13:3-4) has no jurisdiction over it. As such it is completely appropriate to refuse to ASSIST them in robbing you for doing it.
Some sources through google say it causes 30% of fatal traffic accidents.

Last edited:

Cedarbay

Why admit guilt? Most times a ticket will come regardless.

Last time I checked, being a Christian was not based on works.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"I did nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide, therefore I would be happy to assist you in your investigation Detective."

Said the Ramsey's in Boulder after a child molester murdered their daughter and the cops decided to play class warfare and blame the parents.

Huckleberry

I agree with you, but only because I can measure my trust in our modern justice system with a...

Well, actually, I don't think I can measure it. Real close to "zero", though.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
A perfectly innocent guy's words explaining he hasn't done anything wrong are enough to get him in serious trouble. (What made you think we thought you did anything wrong, sir?)

You're warned that what you say can be used against you. It's never going to be used in your favor.

P.S. For the fun of it somebody should ask ACW how many interrogations he has experience with, you know, being a big tough cop and all.:crackup:

My daughter's best friend was jailed and missed her finals. And so she flunked out.

She did nothing wrong--whatsoever.

She and her boyfriend--both Mexicans--were pulled over and as they roughed up the woman a bit, her boyfriend yelled at them to stop. They pushed both of them against the car and then arrested them for "resisting arrest."

One more story in racist America.