This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

MarcATL

It's interesting to see some folks on the side of "if you're given an order by the government, you must follow it" in this case. I guess that means....

Cliven Bundy was in the wrong for not following the government order to remove his cattle, and was really wrong when armed militias showed up and pointed their weapons at law enforcement officials.

County clerks are in the wrong for not following the government order to issue marriage licenses to gay couples.

The Christian bakers would be in the wrong if they violate the government order to stop saying they'll continue to discriminate against gays.

Funny to see certain people adopt the "if the government tells you to do it, you have to do it" attitude with Ms. Bland. Or maybe they're saying she would have been in the right had she called for an armed militia to defend her and force the government to step down?
Excellent point!

GFR7

What if Sandra Blande isn't dead?
Well, gee, Naz; I know you like conspiracy theories, but are you implying that she somehow got out, or wasn't really dead, or that the jail cut down the wrong woman, and Bland is now hanging out incognito, waiting to collect money? Or what? Explain, please. :think:

and who'd they bury at the funeral? Hmmm :think:

I would be overjoyed if she were still among us, but how can this possibly be? :jawdrop:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Meaning what? :think:

:chuckle: It's kind of an inside joke...There used to be a big conspiracy believer around here who was convinced every single high profile tragedy which happened was a false flag operation staged by the government and perpetrated by a troop of actors.

The only way to ID the actors was by comparing their ears. :)

:idunno: It was a real hoot....The HQ of the silliness still exists....Here is their take on Charleston:

http://wellaware1.com/newsite/the-ring-leaders-of-the-church-shooting-hoax/

THall

He wrote her a warning.
She turned a warning into an arrest because she couldn't shut the hell up.

Because exercising your 1st Amendment
rights should get you arrested?

You better rethink that crazy statement.

GFR7

:chuckle: It's kind of an inside joke...There used to be a big conspiracy believer around here who was convinced every single high profile tragedy which happened was a false flag operation staged by the government and perpetrated by a troop of actors.

The only way to ID the actors was by comparing their ears. :)

:idunno: It was a real hoot....The HQ of the silliness still exists....Here is their take on Charleston:

http://wellaware1.com/newsite/the-ring-leaders-of-the-church-shooting-hoax/
:mock:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's kind of an inside joke...There used to be a big conspiracy believer around here who was convinced every single high profile tragedy which happened was a false flag operation staged by the government and perpetrated by a troop of actors.

The only way to ID the actors was by comparing their ears.

Never saw LOTR or The Hobbit, I suppose.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I've seen one stopped at a DWI checkpoint, and refuse to answer whether he had been drinking that night. I've seen people refuse to give their license and registration. I saw a woman who refused to pull her vehicle over to secondary when the officer asked. It's quite educational. They are all white, btw.

There are some constitutional issues with warrantless checkpoints, and police are not allowed to take your indentification without a reasonable, articulable suspicion of a crime.

Nor are you required to answer any of their questions.

I don't mind complying, within reason, but I'm glad that there are people reminding them that they are not legally permitted to demand such things.

Those guys are fighting for all of us, and are risking jail or worse to make that point. Freedoms are lost a little at a time, and it's good to exercise them every now and then just to keep them healthy.

GFR7

Yes, I've seen one stopped at a DWI checkpoint, and refuse to answer whether he had been drinking that night. I've seen people refuse to give their license and registration. I saw a woman who refused to pull her vehicle over to secondary when the officer asked. It's quite educational. They are all white, btw.

There are some constitutional issues with warrantless checkpoints, and police are not allowed to take your indentification without a reasonable, articulable suspicion of a crime.

Nor are you required to answer any of their questions.

I don't mind complying, within reason, but I'm glad that there are people reminding them that they are not legally permitted to demand such things.

Those guys are fighting for all of us, and are risking jail or worse to make that point. Freedoms are lost a little at a time, and it's good to exercise them every now and then just to keep them healthy.
I agree fully, and that's why it bothers me that Ms. Bland was dragged out of her car, simply for exercising those rights.