Bigot businessowner punishes peaceful marijuana users

elohiym

The man's story isn't believable.

I don't believe he should be made to do anything even though I don't believe his alleged reason for leaving.

musterion

Doesn't matter if we believe his story or not (I see no reason to doubt him and refuse the gossip of anonymous internet commenters who claim he had ulterior motives). Bottom line, it's his business to do with as he chooses.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He has every right to leave a state where the work quality is poor. Watch the video before commenting please. The man is leaving Colorado because the legalizing of Pot. People are coming to work high and their work quality is suffering.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
He has every right to leave a state where the work quality is poor. Watch the video before commenting please. The man is leaving Colorado because the legalizing of Pot. People are coming to work high and their work quality is suffering.

Alcohol is legal in Colorado, no? Do people sometimes come to work intoxicated? If so, he has the right to fire them, doesn't he?

elohiym

Doesn't matter if we believe his story or not (I see no reason to doubt him and refuse the gossip of anonymous internet commenters who claim he had ulterior motives).

His alleged reason for leaving doesn't make sense. Half his employees were not coming to work high; he could have tested and made a policy, hired new employees or used other means. He's implying that he couldn't find drug-free replacements for half his artists, so he fired the rest of his drug-free employees to move to a beach where he naively thinks that artists don't get high. Marijuana made him do it? I find that incredible, unless he was smoking it. :chuckle:

Bottom line, it's his business to do with as he chooses.

That's why I wrote: "I don't believe he should be made to do anything even though I don't believe his alleged reason for leaving."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'd be asking myself what it was about my hiring policies and operations that was bringing in all the potheads.

Given this:
The competition for attracting technology jobs is getting more intense every year, but Colorado still is running near the front of the pack.

The state ranked third in the nation for its concentration of high-tech workers and fifth for percentage of its payroll coming from technology industries, according to “Cyberstates 2015,” an annual report from the nonprofit TechAmerica Foundation that also found that the technology industry accounted for 11.3 percent of the state’s economy in 2014.

“It doesn’t surprise me based on what we’re seeing in the community,” said Todd Headley, president of CSU Ventures, the technology arm of Colorado State University in Fort Collins.

The report identified “hubs” of concentration in certain states. Washington, for instance, has the highest concentration of software publishers, while Arizona and Oregon are meccas for semiconductor manufacturing.

http://bizwest.com/report-colorados-tech-sector-still-riding-high/

Maybe it's that making halloween decorations is a job more suited for the deep south, and high-tech operations are more suited to Colorado workers.

Makes sense.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
His alleged reason for leaving doesn't make sense. Half his employees were not coming to work high; he could have tested and made a policy, hired new employees or used other means. He's implying that he couldn't find drug-free replacements for half his artists, so he fired the rest of his drug-free employees to move to a beach where he naively thinks that artists don't get high. Marijuana made him do it? I find that incredible, unless he was smoking it. :chuckle:

That's why I wrote: "I don't believe he should be made to do anything even though I don't believe his alleged reason for leaving."

From the article in the op (and people can read about this being a problem in both colorado and washington state since its been legal there- for example: Legal pot becomes a touchy workplace issue)

But this is from the op:

The Colorado-based employment service takes several calls from employers asking for advice on what to do if an employee comes into work high.

I guess they made that up also. :rolleyes:

Do you smoke pot?

musterion

So you engage in evil surmisings? No doubt it was a combination of factors but if you listened to his interview, he said it was getting more and more difficult to find unimpaired workers since pot became legal. He likely saw no positive change coming in the future - and why should he? - so he cut his losses, pulled chocks and left. So you go ahead and blame him for it, as all the potheads will do. But bear in mind, you side with sorcerers.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
I'd be asking myself what it was about my hiring policies and operations that was bringing in all the potheads.

Given this:
The competition for attracting technology jobs is getting more intense every year, but Colorado still is running near the front of the pack.

The state ranked third in the nation for its concentration of high-tech workers and fifth for percentage of its payroll coming from technology industries, according to “Cyberstates 2015,” an annual report from the nonprofit TechAmerica Foundation that also found that the technology industry accounted for 11.3 percent of the state’s economy in 2014.

“It doesn’t surprise me based on what we’re seeing in the community,” said Todd Headley, president of CSU Ventures, the technology arm of Colorado State University in Fort Collins.

The report identified “hubs” of concentration in certain states. Washington, for instance, has the highest concentration of software publishers, while Arizona and Oregon are meccas for semiconductor manufacturing.
http://bizwest.com/report-colorados-tech-sector-still-riding-high/

Maybe it's that making halloween decorations is a job more suited for the deep south, and high-tech operations are more suited to Colorado workers.

Makes sense.

Pot Helps

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
ANGEL4T says -From the article in the op (and people can read about this being a problem in both colorado and washington state since its been legal there- for example: Legal pot becomes a touchy workplace issue)

But this is from the op:

Do you smoke pot?[/QUOTE]

Simon says ~
What if he DOES. What can that possibly mean ?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

musterion

I worked with numerous potheads back in 1999-2000 at a call center for the now extinct Ameritech Cellular. Turnover at such jobs tends to be high but they were notoriously incompetent yet strangely proud of their sorcery, and invariably baffled and indignant when fired for demonstrable incompetence...they simply could not see themselves as unimpaired people see them. I guess that's part of the whole lack of self-awareness that goes with any form of intoxication.

elohiym

The Colorado-based employment service takes several calls from employers asking for advice on what to do if an employee comes into work high.

Wow. "Takes several calls." Per day, per month, per year? You don't care about those details, just whether or not I smoke pot. :chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian notes that the high-tech industries think Colorado is a good place to hire employees, but a halloween decoration maker thought otherwise:

Musty again blames the employers:

Maybe they aren't bigots, and just know what their needs are.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Wow. "Takes several calls." Per day, per month, per year? You don't care about those details, just whether or not I smoke pot. :chuckle:

yeah, you smoke it, thats why you wont answer my question.

There was another link there also, you clearly didnt read, you and your wife both are like that, dont read articles, just give emotional responses, maybe thats the pot talking?

elohiym

So you engage in evil surmisings?

So you label comments as evil surmising that aren't?

No doubt it was a combination of factors....

Oh, now it's a combination of factors. :rolleyes:

... but if you listened to his interview, he said it was getting more and more difficult to find unimpaired workers since pot became legal.

I listened to him and found his claims to be incredible; still do.

He likely saw no positive change coming in the future - and why should he? - so he cut his losses, pulled chocks and left.

What losses? People drink, take prescription drugs on the job, too. That's the purpose of drug and alcohol testing and employment contracts.

So you go ahead and blame him for it, as all the potheads will do. But bear in mind, you side with sorcerers.

Blame him? For what, calling the newspapers? I just don't believe his reason for moving his business. It only makes sense for PR, to provide a sensational reason for him moving in order to get national press for his company. If he moved for cheaper rent, a location near the beach, less restrictions for the chemicals he uses in his business, lower taxes, less competition for warehouse space, those reasons would not get him press for his company.