They Made Me Gay

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, no, it hasn't been "dismantled" by anyone as the 'slippery slope' fallacy has no credence to it to begin with.

You really would have to have several screws loose or be an abject moron to think that pedophilia would be accepted in society or that laws would change to legalize it.
I went down this road with a few of them before, noting how laws to protect children have actually increased, even in the midst of and post "sexual revolution" of the do what you will 60s. One reason is because we now understand that the ability to consent, which was historically relegated to the experiential want in the young, is now augmented by an understanding that they are biologically impaired, that their prefrontal cortex, the rational seat of judgment, won't be fully functioning until their early 20s and that early teens are significantly impaired in that respect.

To alter or rid ourselves of consent would be, as I've set out in some detail prior, to undo much of broader law that governs commerce and criminality. And even if science and morality fail to motivate the movers and shakers of a compact, money always will. It's neither reasonable nor rational to advance the notion of that happening for all sorts of reasons boiling down to the most fundamental one of all: self interest.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I went down this road with a few of them before, noting how laws to protect children have actually increased, even in the midst of and post "sexual revolution" of the do what you will 60s. One reason is because we now understand that the ability to consent, which was historically relegated to the experiential want in the young, is now augmented by an understanding that they are biologically impaired, that their prefrontal cortex, the rational seat of judgment, won't be fully functioning until their early 20s and that early teens are significantly impaired in that respect.

To alter or rid ourselves of consent would be, as I've set out in some detail prior, to undo much of broader law that governs commerce and criminality. And even if science and morality fail to motivate the movers and shakers of a compact, money always will. It's neither reasonable nor rational to advance the notion of that happening for all sorts of reasons boiling down to the most fundamental one of all: self interest.

gosh, that just sounds impressive as all get-out :thumb:

meanwhile, in the real world....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
which, again, assumes that you know whether or not their position is based on reason
Which comes out, easily enough, in the nature of their advance. There's no guessing involved.

and you wonder why people refer to you as a pretentious, self-impressed bore :chuckle:
Rather I completely understand why some people like you would, given the alternative and what it would both say about you and leave you with.

See, that's what I'm getting at. Lacking the ability to counter you play games. I'm very much speaking of the real world at every point, both in history and in implication.

ok doser

Which comes out, easily enough, in the nature of their advance. There's no guessing involved.

right

because of your incredible skills of discernment

no guessing involved, only certainty! (he says, stamping his little foot)

gosh, it must be wonderful to be you :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

In the 'real world' TH's post was spot on. Else how about you come up with sources that support your bat crazy view that current laws are likely to be overturned and it'll be legal for adults to have sexual relations with minors.

Let's all wait while that doesn't happen...

:rolleyes:

ok doser

In the 'real world' TH's post was spot on. Else how about you come up with sources that support your bat crazy view that current laws are likely to be overturned and it'll be legal for adults to have sexual relations with minors.

Let's all wait while that doesn't happen...

:rolleyes:

dc1b47a8d56565a5f6c8130fbea51a1ef37dc2e3a6a32f2e80db9ac437b37a81.jpg

Arthur Brain

right

gosh, it must be wonderful to be you :chuckle:

Well, it sure would suck to be you...

A grown man with nothing better to do in life but stalk posters and troll forum boards?

Sad...in all senses.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
right

I already answered you on the point. You're just having a last word tantrum then. No real rebuttal, which isn't particularly surprising.

Not even a little true. What I noted was that it didn't require an assumption. Either a person can argue and advance a reasoned position (right or wrong by objective litmus) or they can't. When they can't it speaks to the foundation of their position, that it did not come to them by reason. And when that happens no one will reason them from it.

gosh, it must be wonderful to be you
It must be...tragic to be you.

ok doser

I already answered you on the point.

right - and my reply was to your point

retard

you assume that your opponent's argument isn't rooted in reason

or at least, you make the claim

either way, it allows you to dismiss any validity to their argumentation

people notice this town

and they grow to dislike you because of it

Either a person can argue and advance a reasoned position (right or wrong by objective litmus) ...

... he sez, without making a single objective point :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you assume that your opponent's argument isn't rooted in reason
No, I don't.

Folks, he's just doing what he does when he can't raise an honest counter, which is to repeat the same charges as though they haven't been answered in order to bury the answer he can't meet.

Here was the answer already provided directly on the point:

"Not even a little true. What I noted was that it didn't require an assumption. Either a person can argue and advance a reasoned position (right or wrong by objective litmus) or they can't. When they can't it speaks to the foundation of their position, that it did not come to them by reason. And when that happens no one will reason them from it."

either way, it allows you you to dismiss any validity to their argumentation
Also not a point made by me.

people notice this town
People like you notice/contrive whatever they need to fuel their anger or ease their wounds. Nothing I can do about that or them. And as their position isn't reasonable or reasoned, there's no real point in trying.

and they grow to dislike you because of it
Like getting character advice from a Clinton.

musterion

You really would have to have several screws loose or be an abject moron to think that pedophilia would be accepted in society or that laws would change to legalize it.

You know I'd love to agree with that but very often, once a subject - no matter how loathsome - is broached in public discussion, the slide towards tolerance and acceptance automatically begins. This is going to gain footing sooner or later; almost undoubtedly somewhere in Europe first.

Because remember: those groups only represent the ones that ADMIT to wanting sex with children. There are always more who hide it, many in positions of authority and power -- but I need not tell you that given everything in England in recent years.

Interplanner

Some homosexual people went through the divorces of their parents as children and this has given them the view that such conflict is overwhelming. Never mind the fact that it was not the two genders that made the problem, but sinful humans.

Kinseyan sexuality is based on the idea that the (legal) victim 'enjoyed' the experience. By shifting it to that basis, all deviance from married monogamous heterosexuality could be 'enjoyed' or 'consented' to. I just saw footage from Santa Monica beach interviews in which over half of those questioned said if an adult brother and sister want to have sex, and neither are coerced, that it was up to them.

Arthur Brain

You know I'd love to agree with that but very often, once a subject - no matter how loathsome - is broached in public discussion, the slide towards tolerance and acceptance automatically begins. This is going to gain footing sooner or later; almost undoubtedly somewhere in Europe first.

Because remember: those groups only represent the ones that ADMIT to wanting sex with children. There are always more who hide it, many in positions of authority and power -- but I need not tell you that given everything in England in recent years.

Well, given that I live in England then yes, I'm more familiar with the laws here than you are, and there is zero tolerance under law for anything resembling child molestation. Laws have exponentially tightened in regards to the protection of children and there is no way on this planet that it will become legal for adults to have sexual relations with children. Else you point to a credible source that rebuts that. SOD was never going to rise to that challenge so how about you give it a go?

ok doser

holland, probably

then california

musty said:

there's a controversy ongoing in Canada regarding a Senator who has admitted to having sexual relations with a fifteen year old: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...n-used-senate-phone-for-explicit-chats-report

and the debate is whether to censure him in the senate, or remove him (their senators are appointed)

seems to me the debate should be, why isn't the RCMP arresting this pedophile and putting him in jail?

oh

i see

never mind

don-meredith-talks.jpg.size.custom.crop.588x650.jpg

musterion

Well, given that I live in England then yes, I'm more familiar with the laws here than you are, and there is zero tolerance under law for anything resembling child molestation.

Yeah, Savile and Tower Hamlets were put right immediately upon earliest suspicions. Come on, man.

Laws have exponentially tightened in regards to the protection of children and there is no way on this planet that it will become legal for adults to have sexual relations with children.

I wager you right now: somewhere there will be (at the very least) a serious attempt to relax it within our lifetimes, and successful or not the snowball will start to roll downhill.

ok doser

Some homosexual people went through the divorces of their parents as children and this has given them the view that such conflict is overwhelming. Never mind the fact that it was not the two genders that made the problem, but sinful humans.

Kinseyan sexuality is based on the idea that the (legal) victim 'enjoyed' the experience. By shifting it to that basis, all deviance from married monogamous heterosexuality could be 'enjoyed' or 'consented' to. I just saw footage from Santa Monica beach interviews in which over half of those questioned said if an adult brother and sister want to have sex, and neither are coerced, that it was up to them.

kids today are growing up in a society that tells them that perversion is normal