Fisher House

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't know all about the FH how they operate but I understand they have it all American forces, Army, Marine, Navy and Air Force.

But the fisher house I volunteered, manager did not appreciate hard working volunteer who invested many hours and days.

She told me one time that I am only a volunteer and I am only there to eat, when I joked about all the guests were receiving the gifts.

This episode happened when she invited all donators to an expensive restaurant. All volunteers were invited too.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But many people who live there appreciated the change I made.

that was the gift and blessing I got which was great deal to me:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It seems that workers and volunteers were intimidated by the manager there. It was so strange.

She does not fire paid workers but she can fire volunteers evidently without legitimate reason.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
BTW, manager is not a volunteer. She is paid by the donators, so I understand why she make a big deal about giving a donators honor or respect so much to them.

I don't have much to give except my time, and making it clean and beautiful.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't have anything to report any waste since they are all honest workers. FH manager is corrupt. She fired me because I informed them the waste and neglect.

Since Botanical garden have so many professional gardeners, I can learn a lot from them. :)
That sounds good meshak

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am volunteering at Botanical Garden since I got dishonorable discharge from fisher house.

It is very far so I am only volunteering Saturdays and Sundays. I cannot afford gas fee.

It is beautiful and humongous garden. It is city owned.

Why not do all of your "planting" there and less planting of "false doctrine" here on TOL?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
BTW, the gardening is one of the best practical job to keep yourself fit.

If your job is gardening, you will not be over weight.

Eagles Wings

You can always work when it is not so hot and in the shade.

When I volunteer, I always look for the shady place and work there.
I'm gonna have to tough it out a bit. In the Upper Midwest, the skeeters are out as early as 9 am in the shade. Are you concerned with bees, or do you just move around them, or work away from them?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm gonna have to tough it out a bit. In the Upper Midwest, the skeeters are out as early as 9 am in the shade. Are you concerned with bees, or do you just move around them, or work away from them?
So far I have not encounter with them.

If I do I will walk away, and tell the paid workers.