chrysostom

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
you can find all your people at trump rallies

Nah, they are YOUR people, Mr. Vote Republican.

Whenever you feel the need weasel in regards to all your accusations and rantings, I will remind you that people are doing exactly what you told them to do:

VOTE REPUBLICAN.

Trump very well may be the R. candidate. That will mean he is YOUR candidate.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you want less government support for the poor, fewer programs that come out of your pocket, then see to it that they're paid enough so that they won't need it. What's been happening for a while is industry, in the name of the sacred obligation to shareholders and owing no particular national allegiance, has been paying less and leaving the government to clean up their mess, as with Walmart. And if they can't, they leave...because they can without real penalty...because that's what happens when a nation stops serving its people and starts serving international corporate interests first.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If you want less government support for the poor, fewer programs that come out of your pocket, then see to it that they're paid enough so that they won't need it. What's been happening for a while is industry, in the name of the sacred obligation to shareholders and owing no particular national allegiance, has been paying less and leaving the government to clean up their mess, as with Walmart. And if they can't, they leave...because they can without real penalty...because that's what happens when a nation stops serving its people and starts serving international corporate interests first.
don't forget the part where you restrict trade
-you will have to protect the industries paying these higher wages

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-your thread the church is getting a lot of attention

-they are working hard to attack it

-they certainly are not resting

-it is a good topic

-how did you get the idea?

-amr

-really?

-he started a blog about our using the phrase the church

-he is not a big fan of the church

-I got that part

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-it is almost noon on the right coast

-so what is for lunch?

-lemon pepper chicken, basmati rice, and green peas

-is it all in one pan under low heat?

-the longer it cooks the better it tastes

-it might have something to do with what you are drinking

-I resemble that remark

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Ahh, so we're on the topic of raising wages. Let's talk about that :plain:

Minimum wage wasn't put into effect to help put food in college hipster's fridges and pay for their party accessories.
It wasn't put into effect for a person to have a side job and pay off extra debts either.

IT WAS put into place
to ensure that people could have some type of living from a job.

So basically, Americans have abandoned it, and it would make no difference if it simply didn't exist at all. 7.50 per hour is something of a joke- you may as well just GO TO SOCIAL SERVICES.

This is why uber Republicans fail :rolleyes:

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
-it is almost noon on the right coast

-so what is for lunch?

-lemon pepper chicken, basmati rice, and green peas

-is it all in one pan under low heat?

-the longer it cooks the better it tastes

-it might have something to do with what you are drinking

-I resemble that remark

Sounds like a good lunch - if you take out the peas. :)

I like to make chicken and rice with onions, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. You can make it a little spicy or a lot.

PureX

I put some sort of chicken concoction in the crock pot a while ago. We'll see how it turns out.

I mixed some chopped celery and onions with some cubed potato and chicken with some spices and crumbed crackers. Then I poured in some cream of chicken/cream of onion soup and stirred it all together.

The plan is to put it over some egg noodles when it's all cooked.

I'll serve it with Brussels sprouts.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I put some sort of chicken concoction in the crock pot a while ago. We'll see how it turns out.

I mixed some chopped celery and onions with some cubed potato and chicken with some spices and crumbed crackers. Then I poured in some cream of chicken/cream of onion soup and stirred it all together.

The plan is to put it over some egg noodles when it's all cooked.

I'll serve it with Brussels sprouts.

That sounds good. I didn't like brussels sprouts for most of my life until I had them halved and roasted with balsamic vinegar. I was totally won over.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I've never had a problem with that. Most industrial nations have some measure of protection for certain industry.
so what do you have a problem with
-outside of my voting republican because of abortion
-outside of preventing same sex marriage
-outside of answering a question that you have already answered
-some might like to know

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
All sorts of things.
Dishonesty, for one. Even the sort of dishonesty that simply distorts. Take that line, for example. First, you don't vote republican because of abortion. Why? Because if Trump wins the nomination you won't vote for him. He's republican. And you slanted my objection to your prior absolute practice anyway.

You voted republican on two fronts. First over abortion and second over unions. I noted that the objectively easier path to take was to approach the former with a wide body of individuals who might well have fundamental philosophical differences outside of the issue. Your insistence on a partisan approach aimed at achieving both goals (ending the former and destroying the latter) told me everything I needed to know.

-outside of preventing same sex marriage
I recognized, a long time ago, that there was no legitimate secular interest tied to denying homosexuals the right to contract with the state in marriage. No rational argument mustered against it could be managed. When that happens, the law must relent. And gays became one of any number of groups to join in a secular contract, like atheists, or anyone outside of the Christian notion of faith and sacrament.

-outside of answering a question that you have already answered
No point. When you tell someone a thing and they appear to be determined to muddy the water, the best thing you can do is shake your head at them, publicly.

-some might like to know
Some people should read me and jot down my answers. Who elected you the speaker for...who again? Some people? Well isn't that a never ending story. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

All sorts of things.

Dishonesty, for one. Even the sort of dishonesty that simply distorts. Take that line, for example. First, you don't vote republican because of abortion. Why? Because if Trump wins the nomination you won't vote for him. He's republican.

^ This ...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-you are not the only one who has to be careful

-are you talking about town?

-many of his friends support trump

-that explains the nuance

-it was always there

-deniability is important for some

-it is not easy pleasing so many