Mass Shootings and Aspergers Linked in the Press

bybee

I had addressed in another thread sometime ago that many of today's younger mass murderers have been on pharmaceutical drugs for various reasons.

List of 45 Mass Murders and Pharma Drugs they were on
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q12013/list-of-45-mass-murders-and-pharma-drugs-they-were-on/

Don't single out Asperger's, single out the medication that very well might have triggered the deadly attacks.

Good point! Science gives us these toxic medicine, often, without long term studies for side effects.

1PeaceMaker

I had addressed in another thread sometime ago that many of today's younger mass murderers have been on pharmaceutical drugs for various reasons.

List of 45 Mass Murders and Pharma Drugs they were on
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q12013/list-of-45-mass-murders-and-pharma-drugs-they-were-on/

Don't single out Asperger's, single out the medication that very well might have triggered the deadly attacks.

:up: Like I said, I think that's the real connection. That and deep, prolonged social isolation allowing bitter feelings to fester.

Similarly other minorities have their reasons they end up getting into troubles with society and the law. But I'm not excusing lawlessness, just pointing out the parallel, there.

1PeaceMaker

if there's a link, wouldn't it be a good idea to identify it?

We need to get at the root of the problem behind mass shootings, so yes. There's a common denominator behind these shootings, but I don't believe it's the AS. Just because two shooters have it doesn't really show that it was the AS that contributed to their behavior.

More likely it was society's reaction to AS that created the social ostracizing and prescription drug use. That means the problem isn't AS, but the society and their attitude, as well as the individual's bad attitude in reaction to the situation.

They are in an at-risk group for things that socially ostracize them and put them on drugs, but that's not a reason to stereotype them or point out those two shooters have AS like it should be a stigma on all who have the condition.

I disapprove of making the connection between mass shootings and AS like I disapprove of stereotyping anyone unfairly. Any number of things could predispose one to a psychotic break.

There's no need to alienate or segregate this group of people over the actions of a few.

gcthomas

The common factor is, of course, unstable people with easy access to multiple weapons and ammunition.

Mass shootings are just a side effect of the right to own guns, so either restrict access to guns or just put up with all those innocent schoolchild deaths as the price of freedom.

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

The common factor is, of course, unstable people with easy access to multiple weapons and ammunition.

Mass shootings are just a side effect of the right to own guns, so either restrict access to guns or just put up with all those innocent schoolchild deaths as the price of freedom.

So mass rapings are a side effect of the right to own what? :shocked:

1PeaceMaker

Havent you claimed your lack of empathy was due to you having Aspergers too?

Yup, I'm sure some TOL members remember me having to apologize for the blind things I did. I'm as vulnerable as the next one. So?

(especially after you get caught in a lie)

Just because you imagine I lied about something doesn't mean that I did. We've already hashed that all out.

I'd appreciate you staying away from me on my threads because I'm pregnant (third trimester) and my husband has repeatedly asked you for me to leave me alone. It doesn't become you to chase me around and argue in circles. In fact, the moderators asked you to leave me alone quite a while ago already. Remember that?

You don't have to read my threads or respond, especially when I'm allegedly on ignore.