Old style shaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old style shaving

Is there anyone else here who shaves with old style shaving equipment? Straights, double edge Gillettes, injectors, soap, mug and brush?
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Originally posted by musterion View Post
    Is there anyone else here who shaves with old style shaving equipment? Straights, double edge Gillettes, injectors, soap, mug and brush?
    nope, never. Or at least not yet. Schick Quattro and barbasol cream

Comment

Satisfactory results? Redness, nicks, irritation? That's why I quit can o'foam and Schick Xtreme 3 about five years ago and haven't looked back.
      "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
      Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
      By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

There's enough barbershops in my area where I can occasionally treat myself to an old school straight razor shave. It feels marvelous...and I'd never in a thousand years try to do it myself.

Comment

Straights are very much a learned skill and you can't let your mind wander while using them. I can use them, but it's the upkeep on straights you have to stay on top of that turns me off.

With the right tools and a bit of practice (that's the key), DE shaving is just as effective and far cheaper in the long run than almost any brand of cartridge razor on the market.
          Terence Mc Lean

Comment

I switched to the Sensor Excel when it came out. Of course I reused the Sensor after a few times to confirm it was better. Other than that, no 3, 4, or 5 razors. I am using standard Barbasol shaving cream. I used Edge Gel for tough beards when they sold it.
            Last edited by Nick M; January 1st, 2016, 05:11 PM.
            Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

I use waxine.....
              One lavished upon in the Beloved
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
                There's enough barbershops in my area where I can occasionally treat myself to an old school straight razor shave. It feels marvelous...and I'd never in a thousand years try to do it myself.
                During my senior year at high school, one of the guys in my class came to school with a REALLY horrible rash on the bottom of his face.

Come to find out, he decided to use Nair rather than shaving.

Comment

Satisfactory results? Redness, nicks, irritation? That's why I quit can o'foam and Schick Xtreme 3 about five years ago and haven't looked back.
                  I never get rash or bumps etc. because I use cold water. I heard warm water causes the bumps. No nicks either with Quattro

Comment

My wife uses the Fusion Proglide. It does give a perfect shave even on a week's worth of beard (mine, not hers) but is way too expensive for me. She won't touch the Lady Gillette I bought for her. Meh, to each their own.
                    Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                      I never get rash or bumps etc. because I use cold water. I heard warm water causes the bumps. No nicks either with Quattro
                      I know guys who swear by cold. I use hot. I think it more has to do with prep and the kind of soap or cream one uses, but it's all opinion because all skin and beards vary.
                      Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                        I use waxine.....
                        Wha?
                        Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
                          I switched to the Sensor Excel when it came out.
                          Does Gillette still make Excel carts? They still make the ancient Trac II and Atra so I guess they would, but I've never seen them under the Gillette name, only generics.
                          Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                            During my senior year at high school, one of the guys in my class came to school with a REALLY horrible rash on the bottom of his face.

Come to find out, he decided to use Nair rather than shaving.
                            Who wears short shorts? Joe Family Guy

Comment

Wha?

Comment

Working...
                              X