Let's try that again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's try that again...

So, I have been thinkin... I have been in pretty mean spirits recently. Taking jabs and creating threads that I am not at all proud of. I want to try to make amends and try to be better.

Truth be told, I like this place and I may be overly critical of the members here. I knee jerk too often and get defensive when it isn't necessary. If you happened to fall on the opposing end of one of these exchanges, just know that I am sorry about that. I am growing and I am learning, always. This place is no different.

So, with a new avatar (I feel like PJ with all of these avatars I keep scrolling through. ), comes a fresh approach. All users have been removed from my ignore list as I attempt to forgive and forget.

See ya out there.
    -Q
    "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

The only thing I want to hear out of your secular humanist mouth is that you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and God's Word as the absolute Truth. When you do that, you can unblock me.
    The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Comment

Originally posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
      The only thing I want to hear out of your secular humanist mouth is that you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and God's Word as the absolute Truth. When you do that, you can unblock me.
      Might wait awhile.
      -Q

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
        So, I have been thinkin... I have been in pretty mean spirits recently. Taking jabs and creating threads that I am not at all proud of. I want to try to make amends and try to be better.

Truth be told, I like this place and I may be overly critical of the members here. I knee jerk too often and get defensive when it isn't necessary. If you happened to fall on the opposing end of one of these exchanges, just know that I am sorry about that. I am growing and I am learning, always. This place is no different.

So, with a new avatar (I feel like PJ with all of these avatars I keep scrolling through. ), comes a fresh approach. All users have been removed from my ignore list as I attempt to forgive and forget.

See ya out there.

who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
          who are you?
          Ahh, glad to see the tolls on the bridges you camp under haven't gone up. The usual 50 cents?
          -Q

Comment

Might wait awhile.
            Life is short, repent before it's too late.
            The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.

Comment

Life is short, repent before it's too late.
              Thank you for the tip.
              -Q

Comment

Thank you for the tip.
                It's that Matthew 22:36-40 thing.

Comment

Some people learn about themselves from participating, here, and some learn nothing about anything, because they assume they know it all, already.

Comment

See ya out there.
                    Considering the current standard of civility and treatment of others by some, your behavior has been exemplary.
                    TRUST
                    is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
                    and one of the hardest things to
                    ever get back.

Comment

See ya out there.
                      Man. Gone a month and everyone goes crazy. Well said and it sounds like a plan. Me, I'm angling for a no hold's barred patellar reflex marathon, but to each his own.

Well boys, we just lost another one. See, incentive is when you give someone reason to actually do the thing you want them to do.
                      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                        Considering the current standard of civility and treatment of others by some, your behavior has been exemplary.
                        But as Daniel Boone was want to say, "That's not much of a bar, is it..." Darn foniks.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                          Well boys, we just lost another one. See, incentive is when you give someone reason to actually do the thing you want them to do.
                          Welcome back to TOL. Rumor has it that because you didn't get your way you took your ball and went to play elsewhere.

Regarding your reply: God's Word is incentive enough for anyone to repent. Hopefully Que will stay away from the false prophets who call themselves "Christian" and acknowledge the Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                            Man. Gone a month and everyone goes crazy. Well said and it sounds like a plan. Me, I'm angling for a no hold's barred patellar reflex marathon, but to each his own.
                            For me it boils down to patience. Many times, I find myself knee deep in a debate only to realize that we agree. One of two things, I got caught in a bait n'switch or I missed their point entirely.
                            -Q

Comment

Welcome back to TOL.
                              More like a stop-over than a return, but thanks.

Rumor has it that because you didn't get your way you took your ball and went to play elsewhere.
                              Rumors. They're mostly cowardly things spread by people about others when they're absent. Don't put much faith in them. No one took much from me, though a great deal of TOL history was lost that wasn't preserved else. It simply made a decision to spend less time here easier. The thought had been with me for a while. Too many absent friends and too much repetition of familiar cycles. School and the pointless pruning of a two thousand post thread just made it easier. It also changes my approach to authority. I'm done defending poor behavior in hopes it will become elevated at some point.

Regarding your reply: God's Word is incentive enough for anyone to repent.
                              I forgot about your sense of humor...apparently you did too.

Hopefully Que will stay away from the false prophets who call themselves "Christian" and acknowledge the Truth.
                              Hard to manage. Shake a tree around here and a false prophet falls out of it. Shake it harder and the rest of the nuts could give you a concussion.

I like Quetz, but it's his life and journey and all you can do is be the sort of example that doesn't leave him with a rictus where a smile should be and hold out truth and hope for him. I pray for all my heathen friends. I'd hate to not have MD and Quetz and Al, etc. for conversation past the veil. But I'm mindful that it took a very long time for me, so who knows when and how that could happen?

Pro-Life

Comment

Working...
                              X