St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok, I found a bunch of inside the park home runs on the Internet. Some players touched the bases with their right foot, others with their left foot, and othes used both.

Too bad Cool Papa Bell is not alive.

He would know which foot to use.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Interesting.

Can someone be right or left footed? :idunno:

Go CARDS :the_wave:

I would guess that NFL kickers are right footed or left footed.

Sebastian Janikowski is the only placekicker I can think of who is "left footed".

There are lots of left footed punters.

quip

BANNED
Banned

Sebastian Janikowski is the only placekicker I can think of who is "left footed".

Good point..didn't think of football.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Cardinals' "magic #:" 154

1328.gif

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Ok, I found a bunch of inside the park home runs on the Internet. Some players touched the bases with their right foot, others with their left foot, and othes used both.

Assuming a player can maintain the same number of stepsto each base and the same angles each time, while maintaining proper foot placement during a play, shows that base running is an art, among so many intricacies in baseball. It really depends on the starting point, angles, vision, weight shift and anticipation. Not to mention shoe size !

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned

Assuming a player can maintain the same number of steps to each base and the same angles each time, while maintaining proper foot placement during a play, shows that base running is an art, among so many intricacies in baseball. It really depends on the starting point, angles, vision, weight shift and anticipation. Not to mention shoe size !

The Berean

David Akers, Morton Anderson, Sebastian Janikowski, Joe Nedney, and John Kasay are all left footed.

Mocking You

Here's what the Reds' manager said to the beat reporters that follow the team and write about them:

Your job is not to sniff out every [fbomb] thing is about the Reds and [fbomb] put it out there for every other [fbomb] guy to hear. It's not your job.

Actually, that's EXACTLY what their job is about. Newsflash: the reporters are not shills for the Cincinnati Reds.

Here's what the Reds' manager said to the beat reporters that follow the team and write about them:

Your job is not to sniff out every [fbomb] thing is about the Reds and [fbomb] put it out there for every other [fbomb] guy to hear. It's not your job.

Actually, that's EXACTLY what their job is about. Newsflash: the reporters are not shills for the Cincinnati Reds.
This is true. But depending on what city you're in, the sports reporters vary in the intensity of coverage. I've heard that NY sports reporters are particularly tough.

In Cincinatti, Dusty Baker handled reporters very well it seemed to me. In St. Louis, Tony Larussa took every question as a personal attack and responded with barely concealed contempt. But Tony Larussa and Dusty Baker are both in different jobs now. Was Tony's success more the result of the GM and a homegrown farm system or the talent he was given to work with?

The Berean

It was good to see the Giants beat the Dodgers last night 6-2. Tonight it's Madison Bumgarner vs Clayton Kersshaw!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This is true. But depending on what city you're in, the sports reporters vary in the intensity of coverage. I've heard that NY sports reporters are particularly tough.

In Cincinatti, Dusty Baker handled reporters very well it seemed to me. In St. Louis, Tony Larussa took every question as a personal attack and responded with barely concealed contempt. But Tony Larussa and Dusty Baker are both in different jobs now. Was Tony's success more the result of the GM and a homegrown farm system or the talent he was given to work with?

No. Tony is one of the best team managers in history. how many WS trophies did dustywin ? as a MANAGER. sofa managers are the best. go lead a TEAM to a World Series Victory - :patrol: BTW, i have NEVER seen a better handling of the press than LaRussa - except Matheny, Whitey, Red, . . . . ALL Cardinals. The Best Organization in Baseball

No. Tony is one of the best team managers in history. how many WS trophies did dustywin ? as a MANAGER. sofa managers are the best. go lead a TEAM to a World Series Victory - :patrol: BTW, i have NEVER seen a better handling of the press than LaRussa - except Matheny, Whitey, Red, . . . . ALL Cardinals. The Best Organization in Baseball
Tony Larussa totally mishandled the Ozzie Smith situation. The GM at that time, I believe it was Walt Jockety (but I could be wrong) put him in that position. Tony and Walt didn't like the scrutiny the team was under and the criticism received which led them to leave KMOX radio. Another big mistake. Fortunately, these mistakes were corrected over time when Walt left, and later when Tony left. Tony showed his lack of management skills when they got rid of Steve Kline because he was frustrated with continuing to warm-up inning after inning and not getting into the game. Matheny knows better. As for the White Rat, he was a very good manager who maybe was too close to some of his players. He tolerated a lot of bad behavior as long as they still won. Matheny appears to be doing an excellent job even giving his closer some rest even with the game on the line. I still believe the Cardinals need a lefthander in the rotation but I don't know who I'd replace. Long term excellence can only be achieved through the farm system. Current management recognizes that and has done a good job so far.
Go Cards!!!

The Berean

The Giants finish off a three-game sweep of the Dodgers with a 3-2 victory in 10 innings today. :D

Last edited: