St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

Mocking You

Are you sure you don't mean the right foot?

Nope needs to be the left foot because as you round the base your planting foot (right foot) needs to be able to push off in the direction of the next base.

Just watch almost any MLB game today and watch their footwork.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope needs to be the left foot because as you round the base your planting foot (right foot) needs to be able to push off in the direction of the next base.

Just watch almost any MLB game today and watch their footwork.

I disagree

If you hit the bag with your right foot, you are shortening the distance.

I found the following:

"As you get older, work to hit the base with your right foot, turning your head to the left. Where your head goes, your body will follow.

Our time trials indicate a consistent speed improvement of .5 to 1.2 seconds over a complete 4 base cycle, when runners hit the bases with their right foot."
- SOURCE

Mocking You

I disagree

If you hit the bag with your right foot, you are shortening the distance.

I found the following:

"As you get older, work to hit the base with your right foot, turning your head to the left. Where your head goes, your body will follow.

Our time trials indicate a consistent speed improvement of .5 to 1.2 seconds over a complete 4 base cycle, when runners hit the bases with their right foot."
- SOURCE

Nice find. Too bad it's wrong.

The Berean

I always thought a baserunner is supposed to touch the base on the inside corner with his left foot so a he can lean to his left and push off the bag? Here is Ty Cobb, considered one of the greatest baserunners of all time. rounding third base.

0a449649-s.jpg

Mocking You

I always thought a baserunner is supposed to touch the base on the inside corner with his left foot so a he can lean to his left and push off the bag? Here is Ty Cobb, considered one of the greatest baserunners of all time. rounding third base.

You can accomplish what you are talking about with either right or left foot. But the next foot to land after you've touched the base should be your right foot so you can push off toward the next base.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

0a449649-s.jpg

Some players use their right foot, some use their left foot.

If you look at it from a geometry standpoint, it's a shorter distance to use your right foot.

04292014-FSO-MLB-HamiltonRounding3rd-PI.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
when going the distance . . . when going for speed . . . trying to run geometrically may take a split second more ? i have to try it myself - :idunno:

The Berean

Ok, I found a bunch of inside the park home runs on the Internet. Some players touched the bases with their right foot, others with their left foot, and othes used both.