Are You a Misandrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
The definition of misogyny is 'hatred or distrust of women'. Misandry is the same, except directed toward men.

I believe most women are raised from birth to have some degree of distrust of men.
They are groomed to think that men are generally untrustworthy, perhaps even dangerous, and must be feminist in their philosophy to prove they are not.

Spitfire

I've never seen anyone here produce statements that I would classify as such (elsewhere, however.................).

Honestly, I seriously haven't. Point out some good examples to me if I've missed them.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I've never seen anyone here produce statements that I would classify as such (elsewhere, however.................).

Honestly, I seriously haven't. Point out some good examples to me if I've missed them.

BOYS-ARE-STUPID-PHOTO-300x203.jpg

Spitfire

In fact, women here have had a lot to say about the double standard where violence that would be deplorable and horrifying if the victim is female sometimes becomes acceptable if not cool or even kind of funny when the victim is male.

GFR7

The definition of misogyny is 'hatred or distrust of women'. Misandry is the same, except directed toward men.

I believe most women are raised from birth to have some degree of distrust of men.
They are groomed to think that men are generally untrustworthy, perhaps even dangerous, and must be feminist in their philosophy to prove they are not.
I think you're right, in the main.

The few special women I have known (who were all related) had a basic love, respect, and admiration of men, and shared many male attributes (intellectual) while still being very beautiful. I was married to one of them. She knew well her difference from most women (as did her sisters and 2 cousins).

The secret was: They had been raised in homes where the fathers were brilliant, talented, handsome, and led exciting lives; ( a symphony musician and an author) while the mothers were dull, boring, and jealous. The men did not cater to the women in any way, nor did they treat the daughters as 'princesses'. Growing up, the daughters identified with the glamorous fathers, and rejected the dull mother role. (both mothers later became radical feminists). For them, men = superior while the female role was dreaded, unless they could play it as very intelligent and glamorous persons.... But---There must be other ways to have such an outcome. :think:

One major problem: All of them felt men were attracted to their looks while being put off by their intelligence and similarity to men (taste in ideas, books, politics, music; shrewdness at seeing through the 'hype'.) Why do you think that was? :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think you're right, in the main.

The few special women I have known (who were all related) had a basic love, respect, and admiration of men, and shared many male attributes (intellectual) while still being very beautiful.
What do you mean by "shared many male attributes (intellectual)"?

The secret was: They had been raised in homes where the fathers were brilliant, talented, handsome, and led exciting lives; ( a symphony musician and an author) while the mothers were dull, boring, and jealous.
You left out shallow as a descriptive of the gentlemen who married shallow yet beautiful women. Odd that you didn't see that.

The men did not cater to the women in any way, nor did they treat the daughters as 'princesses'.
So they were insensitive and only saw the women in their lives as a utility?

Growing up, the daughters identified with the glamorous fathers, and rejected the dull mother role. (both mothers later became radical feminists).
I can understand the women might. Can you imagine why they might in a way that isn't a) insulting to them and b) a praise worthy reflection on the men in their lives?

I'm just wondering how thick and complete your blinkers are here.

bybee

Being a woman is so wonderful because a good man appreciates her as well as loves her.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No ... not a *misandrist*. It really is "just you".

Such an original thread ...

GFR7

What do you mean by "shared many male attributes (intellectual)"?

You left out shallow as a descriptive of the gentlemen who married shallow yet beautiful women. Odd that you didn't see that.

So they were insensitive and only saw the women in their lives as a utility?

I can understand the women might. Can you imagine why they might in a way that isn't a) insulting to them and b) a praise worthy reflection on the men in their lives?

I'm just wondering how thick and complete your blinkers are here.
Well, this is the family I married into and they became like my own family. I agree the men were kind of narcissistic, and the women became without hope (feeling that their own talents were being over-shadowed by the success of the men). And yes, they expected the women to simply cook and clean (which they did atrociously, possibly out of revenge). :think:

Perhaps this gave rise to the feminism, but it seemed to make them even less happy.....

By "male attributes" i mean a seriousness about books, film, music and not all the fluff which women
in our society tend to gravitate toward.

My sister-in-law was a ravishing beauty but had a kind of male way
of addressing men which put them off. (not me, but others)

It was really a kind of classic mess :think: but the females were both beautiful and profound,
so something good came of it.
But there HAS to be a better template to use than hating one's mother and worshiping one's nasty father. :idunno:

My niece by the way has described the same problems as my wife used to (with men being put off by beauty coupled with machismo)
so things must still be the same. She believes men are wired to want the wrong kind of woman. :think:

Nimrod

Misandry is not the same. I pointed this out to annabenedetti.

Where do you find the word Misandry defines as "distrust of men"?

bybee

Well, this is the family I married into and they became like my own family. I agree the men were kind of narcissistic, and the women became without hope (feeling that their own talents were being over-shadowed by the success of the men). And yes, they expected the women to simply cook and clean (which they did atrociously, possibly out of revenge). :think:

By "male attributes" i mean a seriousness about books, film, music and not all the fluff which women
in our society tend to gravitate toward.

My sister-in-law was a ravishing beauty but had a kind of male way
of addressing men which put them off. (not me, but others)

It was really a kind of classic mess :think: but the females were both beautiful and profound,
so something good came of it.
But there HAS to be a better template to use than hating one's mother and worshiping one's nasty father. :idunno:

I loved my mother and hated my brutish loutish father!
I was married for almost 53 years to the same fellow and he admitted that I kept his life interesting. I loved him. He was a manly man and could take a joke.

GFR7

Here is the Oxford definition.
Note how the editors get a dig in at feminism :chuckle:

Dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e., the male sex):
her brand of feminism is just poorly disguised misandry

GFR7

I loved my mother and hated my brutish loutish father!
I was married for almost 53 years to the same fellow and he admitted that I kept his life interesting. I loved him. He was a manly man and could take a joke.
Yours sounds like a joyous and successful marriage. :BRAVO:

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned

What, women get special privilege with this as well?

That sounds like the radical Panthers saying black people can't be racist. As in, white people are so superior and oppressing that it's fair game for black people to say or do whatever.

Pfft

GFR7

What, women get special privilege with this as well?

That sounds like the radical Panthers saying black people can't be racist. As in, white people are so superior and oppressing that it's fair game for black people to say or do whatever.

Pfft
One of the most frustrating aspects of academic feminism which I encountered in the University was just this: That because the "Patriarchy" had oppressed women, misandry was justified. But because men had done the oppressing, misogyny was not. Of course, this only holds in a totally black and white simplistic world; rather for gender or for race....

Status
Not open for further replies.