Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Spoiler
E0jk0t.gif

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Just saw this movie tonight. In 3D. Really enjoyed it. I knew basically nothing about the comic so I went into it with no expectations. Entertaining with some really funny parts. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Just saw this movie tonight. In 3D. Really enjoyed it. I knew basically nothing about the comic so I went into it with no expectations. Entertaining with some really funny parts. :chuckle:

I saw it this past week too (although not in 3D), and like you I had no expectations. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I cannot say what my favorite part of the movie is. My wife's is. . .

Spoiler
. . . when Rocket is, late in the movie, trying to get Star Lord to acquire the cybernetic eye of one of Quill's old shipmates. Peter had been fooled earlier in the film with a similar request involving a prosthetic leg, and Peter's wise to Rocket now, saying, "You don't need his eye!" And Rocket is fighting laughter while he insists that he needs the eye.

Yeah, this movie rocks.

Your wife's favorite part is one of mine.:rotfl:

I agree, that was a good part. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You saw this? Was the rom-com sold out? :plain:

:p

:mmph:

You know, it's funny you'd say that... just this afternoon I was with a couple of good friends and we were talking about movies and one of them mentioned the The English Patient and I said I hadn't seen it and they both looked at me like I'd sprouted another head on my shoulders. :chuckle:

And then one of them looked at me with such trust that it nearly broke my heart: "You've seen The Notebook... right?"

I braced myself, and gently told them no, I hadn't.

And then I bowed my head in shame as they laid their heads on the table and wept.

:eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

You know, it's funny you'd say that... just this afternoon I was with a couple of good friends and we were talking about movies and one of them mentioned the The English Patient and I said I hadn't seen it and they both looked at me like I'd sprouted another head on my shoulders. :chuckle:

And then one of them looked at me with such trust that it nearly broke my heart: "You've seen The Notebook... right?"

And then I bowed my head in shame as they laid their heads on the table and wept.

You missed a golden opportunity to say, "Haven't laughed so much at a movie in ages!"

Don't mind kmo. He's sore because he can't always find an adult to accompany him. :)

OCTOBER23

Any spiritual Parallels like a small band of Demons

led by Satan to Conquer the Big Boss and set all his friends free ?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

For shame, anna, for shame. :nono:

:chuckle:

I haven't seen those movies. I know next to nothing about The English Patient. I know it from a Seinfeld episode. :eek:

You missed a golden opportunity to say, "Haven't laughed so much at a movie in ages!"

Don't mind kmo. He's sore because he can't always find an adult to accompany him. :)
:IA:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A favorite moment:

Rhomann Dey: Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future.

Rocket Raccoon: Question. What if I see something that I wanna take and it belongs to someone else?

Rhomann Dey: Then you will be arrested.

Rocket Raccoon: But what if I want it more than the person who has it?

Rhomann Dey: Still illegal.

Rocket Raccoon: That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand me? What are you laughing at? What? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?

OCTOBER23

It is always the same story , just like Robin Hood and his men...

The Outlaw, Robin Hood and his rag tag band (Satan and his Demons)

pretends to be the friend of the serfs (people)

and turns their hearts against their Ruler (God)

and attacks the Reigning Monarch (Lord Jesus )

and Tries to Take over the Kingdom

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It is always the same story , just like Robin Hood and his men...

The Outlaw, Robin Hood and his rag tag band (Satan and his Demons)

pretends to be the friend of the serfs (people)

and turns their hearts against their Ruler (God)

and attacks the Reigning Monarch (Lord Jesus )

and Tries to Take over the Kingdom
:AMR:

This story doesn't follow that line at all.:nono:

Robin Hood doesn't even follow that line. The ruler was the reigning monarch in Robin Hood and Robin was fighting against those who were working in his stead as he was away fighting a war, because those who were running things in his place were being tyrannical and running roughshod over the people.

I liked the 12% of a plan and the eye bit...
Is that all you liked?

Christian Liberty

A favorite moment:

Rhomann Dey: Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future.

Rocket Raccoon: Question. What if I see something that I wanna take and it belongs to someone else?

Rhomann Dey: Then you will be arrested.

Rocket Raccoon: But what if I want it more than the person who has it?

Rhomann Dey: Still illegal.

Rocket Raccoon: That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand me? What are you laughing at? What? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?

lol! THat was good to.
:AMR:

This story doesn't follow that line at all.:nono:

Robin Hood doesn't even follow that line. The ruler was the reigning monarch in Robin Hood and Robin was fighting against those who were working in his stead as he was away fighting a war, because those who were running things in his place were being tyrannical and running roughshod over the people.

Is that all you liked?

No. I liked the whole thing. I just mentioned those two since they were discussed in the thread. I loved the movie altogether. 9.5/10.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Glad to hear so many good reviews of the movie.
Hoping to take grandkids to see it.

Got to take them to see the last Transformer movie in 3D, and we all really enjoyed it. I hadn't seen a 3D movie in years. The 3D aspect sure has improved!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't think I've seen all of them. But, to my knowledge I'd say it was the best one. I liked Amazing Spiderman a lot but this was better.
Amazing Spider-Man is not part of the MCU as the film rights to the character do not currently belong to Marvel. Which is why there is no connection between that franchise and the one centered around The Avengers. GotG is part of the MCU, though.

Glad to hear so many good reviews of the movie.
Hoping to take grandkids to see it.

Got to take them to see the last Transformer movie in 3D, and we all really enjoyed it. I hadn't seen a 3D movie in years. The 3D aspect sure has improved!
But I bet the plot and character development of the Transformer movies hasn't improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.