The embarrassment of receiving an infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For those of you who have received an infraction of some kind at TOL or some other online forum, were you embarrassed? Does it feel like people are looking at your profile thinking "what is that guys problem"?

Here is the deal. All have sinned and fallen short of th glory of God! How much less serious is it to have an Internet infraction on your record?

shagster01

I got two infractions here a few years ago. Probably have been close to a few more recently.

I felt that I deserved one, but the other one was not deserved.

I wasn't embarrassed by them though. Sometimes boundries need to be pushed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
For those of you who have received an infraction of some kind at TOL or some other online forum, were you embarrassed? Does it feel like people are looking at your profile thinking "what is that guys problem"?

Here is the deal. All have sinned and fallen short of th glory of God! How much less serious is it to have an Internet infraction on your record?

I have gotten tons of them and got kicked out many places. I am in my enemy's territory so I expect it.

I don't believe I committed sin. It is just my faith is not acceptable to mainstream forums.

blessings.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

What's to be embarrassed about, unapologetically defending God's Word?

I base my internet worth on how many enemies I make that defend immoral behavior.

Looking at the amount of infractions I have, I dun good.

On that note:

Art Brain will be here shortly to add his (worthless) two cents on the subject.

alwight

What's to be embarrassed about, unapologetically defending God's Word?

I base my internet worth on how many enemies I make that defend immoral behavior.

Looking at the amount of infractions I have, I dun good.

On that note:

Art Brain will be here shortly to add his (worthless) two cents on the subject.
I don't think you seem too fussy about who you make enemies of aCW.
You might want to try making a few allies for a change, which might impress your enemies rather more than some friendless homophobic nutter with an attitude. After all it's Christians that ban you from here.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

For the last one I received a few years back, I was embarrassed and regretful for my words towards another member during a confrontation. I apologized, she graciously accepted my apology, and the incident was a learning experience.

shagster01

I don't think you seen too fussy about who you make enemies of aCW.
You might want to try making a few allies for a change, which might impress your enemies rather more than some friendless homophobic nutter with an attitude. After all it's Christians that ban you from here.

He wouldn't call them Christians though. He'd call them drug pushing homo libertarians.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's to be embarrassed about,

How about the fact that your very comment shows a lack of respect for the moderators who have the thankless responsibility of reprimanding you for breaking the rules of the forum?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, you just gave everyone your (worthless) two cents.

I don't think you seem too fussy about who you make enemies of aCW.

He wouldn't call them Christians though. He'd call them drug pushing homo libertarians.

How about the fact that your very comment shows a lack of respect for the moderators who have the thankless responsibility of reprimanding you for breaking the rules of the forum?

(Art Brain would be here, but even pagans need to sleep on occasion).

As my good Christian conservative friend serpentdove would say:

"aCW, you have all the right enemies."

On that note: I'll refrain from posting further in this thread, as it won't serve any purpose.

zoo22

No, I'm not embarrassed at all, but I thought it was embarrassing. I don't think anyone who noticed would think "what's that guy's problem," or at least they wouldn't think it about me.

I wish everyone would look at my infraction and what I got it for. I wish that even after it expires after a year of my walking on eggshells, it would remain visible, so people would always see it:

That reminds me... When is Lighthouse's expert child-rearing book coming out? Or is it just going to be a chapter in his book, "I Know Everything, You Idiot."

Here's the entire short exchange:

Spoiler
There are better ways than spanking. I have plenty of experience in raising well-behaved children and I didn't spank them.

You didn't answer the question. How long did it take to get your kids to listen when you were raising them? And here's another, how many times did you have to discipline them?

Your question is unreasonable. I can't tell you how many seconds it took, nor can I tell you how many times, they're in their 20s.

Ask me something that's reasonable, and I'll be glad to answer.

That's what I thought.

You didn't think from over twenty years experience, and it shows.

You have a chance to discuss the issue with an experienced parent who has successfully seen her children to adulthood without spanking them and all of a sudden, you've lost interest. It's telling.

That reminds me... When is Lighthouse's expert child-rearing book coming out? Or is it just going to be a chapter in his book, "I Know Everything, You Idiot."

Seriously. :chuckle:

Unnecessarily disruptive. Can you tell me with a straight face that post was worth my getting an infraction?

Basically all it says is that I'm not allowed to insult Lighthouse. So I keep him on ignore and stay out of conversations he's in. How's that good for TOL?

Do you really think that's a good comparison?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(Art Brain would be here, but even pagans need to sleep on occasion).

As my good Christian conservative friend serpentdove would say:

"aCW, you have all the right enemies."

On that note: I'll refrain from posting further in this thread, as it won't serve any purpose.

Enemies you say? :think: That's swell and all, but all of those you have quoted had nothing to do with the decision to give you infractions.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I got two infractions here a few years ago. Probably have been close to a few more recently.

I felt that I deserved one, but the other one was not deserved.
OK
I wasn't embarrassed by them though. Sometimes boundries need to be pushed.
I will keep that in mind.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Perhaps not for most. I talked to someone today who was embarrassed about having an infraction on his record and I think he will understand.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
For those of you who have received an infraction of some kind at TOL or some other online forum, were you embarrassed?
Nope.

Does it feel like people are looking at your profile thinking "what is that guys problem"?
Nope.

Got a couple infractions before at another christian board i havent posted on in several years now. Deserved them both.

I have been banned from a christian board before also (having no prior warnings or infractions, for publicly calling a lying moderator on their lie after they called the person they had an issue with a liar, when they did not lie and i had evidence and posted it, and they banned me outright without explanation and told me i was not welcome back.
(their board split not long after, that same mod took some members off to a new board after she was removed from being a mod because of her dishonesty about other things...)

And i was banned outright from an atheist board (again no previous warnings or infractions) for calling them on their hypocrisy of having no christian mods, when their members were demanding to be moderators at a christian board i was also part of and many people cross posted at. (the atheist board shut down completely later because of a split that also had to do with the same issue)

Anyway, i dont regret either one where i ended up banned. I didn't do anything wrong nor did i violate any rule they had, but they did.

rainee

No, I'm not embarrassed at all, but I thought it was embarrassing. I don't think anyone who noticed would think "what's that guy's problem," or at least they wouldn't think it about me.

I wish everyone would look at my infraction and what I got it for. I wish that even after it expires after a year of my walking on eggshells, it would remain visible, so people would always see it...

Unnecessarily disruptive. Can you tell me with a straight face that post was worth my getting an infraction?

Basically all it says is that I'm not allowed to insult Lighthouse. So I keep him on ignore and stay out of conversations he's in. How's that good for TOL?

Zoo,
I am so sorry to bring this up, truly I am - but I will nevertheless.

Maybe you shouldn't feel like the Lone Ranger as much as perhaps you got to taste what others have experienced?

My first infraction was because I wanted y'all to quit ganging up on Serpent dove. I was a newbie. It was quite a time.

Basically I learned some thing too.

Zoo, isn't this like life in this one way at least?

Things happen and we sting when we think it is unfair or whatever?

Life is only as fair as we make make it for others - maybe- and even then that may not make it fair for us.

What do you say - can you relate to the rest of us and feel like one of us??

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

I wish everyone would look at my infraction and what I got it for. I wish that even after it expires after a year of my walking on eggshells, it would remain visible, so people would always see it:

Here's the entire short exchange:

Spoiler

Seriously. :chuckle:

I'm on friendly terms with lighthouse but I thought your book title for him was hilarious. :)

Sorry LH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.