chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eeset View Post
    OK Anna here was the comment that accompanied the neg rep. "As I've told you, my family is out of bounds for you."

So you see, it is Town's rules. Anyone else can make a positive comment on the subject but not me. The enforcement mechanism is the huge disparity in Rep Power. Town doesn't send neg reps to members with equal power to his own.

Hey Town, I enjoyed the beautiful beach pictures you posted. Are you going to neg rep me for saying that?
    Your comment about the "blue hat" was out of bounds and none of your business.
    If you must blow ad hominems at every turn at least have the grace to confine them to adults.

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
      No, but I stopped to look. It's easy. All you have to do is click on the username and it's one of the scroll down options, keeps track of the last hundred posts by 25. Doesn't take any time at all.
      Thanks. You taught me something new.

Comment

OK Anna here was the comment that accompanied the neg rep. "As I've told you, my family is out of bounds for you."

So you see, it is Town's rules. Anyone else can make a positive comment on the subject but not me.
        No, I neg rep'd aCW. Same reason. Most people here don't do what either of you did that put my family out of bounds.

The enforcement mechanism is the huge disparity in Rep Power.
        You're not going to tell me you keep up with that, are you?

Town doesn't send neg reps to members with equal power to his own.
        No, I've neg rep'd people of similar and even greater rep power. You just say anything you want to be the truth and hope it sticks, don't you. And most of the whales (long term posters) have already worked out our differences. So it doesn't happen often.

Hey Town, I enjoyed the beautiful beach pictures you posted. Are you going to neg rep me for saying that?
        The comment is about the pictures and not the subject, so no. On the other hand, you're only posting the comment for the same reason you've made any of them...it's a quandary.
        You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Wow, that is one nasty rep comment.

Eeset, if TH doesn't want you to mention his family what purpose does it serve for you continue to do so?

So you see, it is Town's rules. Anyone else can make a positive comment on the subject but not me. The enforcement mechanism is the huge disparity in Rep Power. Town doesn't send neg reps to members with equal power to his own.

You know, I just don't think anything I'm saying is registering. I don't even know where to go with the rest of that... trying to explain how your past actions dictate people's future expectations seems all but impossible.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
            I don't need a memory, it's not in the past. It's ongoing, current, and relentless.

And the only person who would throw it back in your face if you said something to sod about it would be.... sod.
            Oh well, no need to try and make me feel responsible in some way and besides Rusha is a big girl with the whole of the TOL strong arms at her disposal.

Comment

• Originally posted by sky. View Post
              Oh well, no need to try and make me feel responsible in some way and besides Rusha is a big girl with the whole of the TOL strong arms at her disposal.
              This is just bizarre. SOD has a history of being a complete pleb here, Eeset has made uncalled for remarks regarding TH's family and you seem to be making everyone else out to be part of some massive 'covert neg rep' operation. It's bloody tiresome. I haven't negged any of you but I can sure see why others would...though even then it wouldn't be part of a 'gang'.
              Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                This is just bizarre. SOD has a history of being a complete pleb here, Eeset has made uncalled for remarks regarding TH's family and you seem to be making everyone else out to be part of some massive 'covert neg rep' operation. It's bloody tiresome. I haven't negged any of you but I can sure see why others would...though even then it wouldn't be part of a 'gang'.
                I think you need to go back and read the thread.

Comment

• perhaps now you're beginning to understand why I call our challenged little friend "tardlyartie"

he's a bit slow

Comment

• Town and anna think the Golden Rule means that when someone takes a swipe at you you're justifed in taking a swipe back at them ten times as hard?

Is that how bullies justify their behavior?

Comment

Please tell me you don't really keep an individual count.
                      It's his OCD driving him to do things a normal person wouldn't

Comment

• Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                        Town and anna think the Golden Rule means that when someone takes a swipe at you you're justifed in taking a swipe back at them ten times as hard?
                        Nope. Rather, when she made a faux proposal of ending disagreements I said that if she didn't swing (if she followed the Golden Rule) she wouldn't be swung at. She then mischaracterized that just as you've tried to and for the same reason: you lack character.

I wouldn't know, not being one. But I think you've definitively demonstrated who and what you are.

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                        It's his OCD driving him to do things a normal person wouldn't
                        Like posting nearly ninety times in one day (so far) or posting three times in a row to get the latest bit of frustrated nonsense out of your system?
                        You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

perhaps now you're beginning to understand why I call our challenged little friend "tardlyartie"

he's a bit slow
                          Geez, I'm always overwhelmed by your rapier wit SOD.

George Bernard Shaw would just kill for your material...

Comment

Town and anna think the Golden Rule means that when someone takes a swipe at you you're justifed in taking a swipe back at them ten times as hard?

Are you kidding? They put people in intensive care and hope they come to their senses later on.

C'mon SOD, get with the programme here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                              Nope. Rather, when she made a faux proposal of ending disagreements I said that if she didn't swing (if she followed the Golden Rule) she wouldn't be swung at. She then mischaracterized that just as you've tried to and for the same reason: you lack character.
                              Dearest Town, it was not a faux proposal. It was sincere and you replied with your version of an alternative. Characterizing what I offered as faux is the very kind of behavior that perpetuates this atmosphere of animosity. If you had left the word faux out of your sentence I would not have responded. But you chose to interject it as a blatantly prejudicial adjective. Why?

Comment

If you had left the word faux out of your sentence I would not have responded. But you chose to interject it as a blatantly prejudicial adjective. Why?
                                Because his preference is to be ... accurate.
                                TRUST
                                is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
                                and one of the hardest things to
                                ever get back.

Comment

Working...
                                X