Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annabenedetti
    replied
    But next morning, at the first bend of the river shutting off the houses of Patusan, all this dropped out of my sight bodily, with its colour, its design, and its meaning, like a picture created by fancy on a canvas, upon which, after long contemplation, you turn your back for the last time. It remains in the memory motionless, unfaded, with its life arrested, in an unchanging light. There are the ambitions, the fears, the hate, the hopes, and they remain in my mind just as I had seen them — intense and as if for ever suspended in their expression. I had turned away from the picture and was going back to the world where events move, men change, light flickers, life flows in a clear stream, no matter whether over mud or over stones. I wasn’t going to dive into it; I would have enough to do to keep my head above the surface. But as to what I was leaving behind, I cannot imagine any alteration.

Joseph Conrad

Leave a comment:

• annabenedetti
    replied
    A stagecoach passed by on the road and went on;
    And the road didn’t become more beautiful or even more ugly.
    That’s human action on the outside world.
    We take nothing away and we put nothing back, we pass by and we forget;
    And the sun is always punctual every day.

Alberto Caeiro

Leave a comment:

• Town Heretic
    replied
    “The internet has become a carefully controlled and heavily monitored illusion. It has turned into both a circus and battleground." - Suzy Kassem

Leave a comment:

• Angel4Truth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• annabenedetti
    replied
    When you love someone, the best thing you can offer is your presence. How can you love if you are not there?

Thich Nhat Hanh

Leave a comment:

• Foxfire
    replied
    Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
    It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "Time wounds all heels."

~John Lennon

Leave a comment:

• annabenedetti
    replied
    Navy veteran Jamie Mabe of Raleigh, N.C., in Time Magazine:

While "the anthem always chokes me up, when I see Colin Kaepernick take a knee during the national anthem, I am proud. That was exactly what I fought for."

Leave a comment:

• theophilus
    replied
    Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
    It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
    The wounds remain...

Leave a comment:

• annabenedetti
    replied

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

Leave a comment:

• annabenedetti
    replied
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

William James

Leave a comment:

• Angel4Truth
    replied
    Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Leave a comment:

• annabenedetti
    replied
    The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.

William James
    Last edited by annabenedetti; September 21, 2016, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied

Leave a comment:

• annabenedetti
    replied
    We went to the New York World's Fair, saw what the past had been like, according to the Ford Motor Car Company and Walt Disney, saw what the future would be like, according to General Motors.
    And I asked myself about the present: how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep.
    . . . .

"Welcome aboard, Mr. Pilgrim," said the loudspeaker. "Any questions?"
    Billy licked his lips, thought a while, inquired at last: "Why me?"
    "That is a very Earthling question to ask, Mr. Pilgrim. Why you? Why us for that matter? Why anything? Because this moment simply is. Have you ever seen bugs trapped in amber?"
    "Yes." Billy, in fact, had a paperweight in his office which was a blob of polished amber with three ladybugs embedded in it.
    "Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why."

Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

Last edited by annabenedetti; September 21, 2016, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Crucible
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X