Favorite Quotations

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"The Father sends his sun to shine on both the good AND the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous."

"Who made ME a judge?"

"Pray to the Father in secret."

"If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other."

--Jesus of Nazareth

Daniel1611

"How can I answer a question like that if you've got the nerve to ask me?" -Bob Dylan

Always thought that was a brilliant response to a question.

Buzzword

"Every year, white people add 100 years to how long ago slavery was. I've heard educated white people say, 'Slavery was 400 years ago!' No it wasn't. It was 140 years ago. That's two 70 year old ladies living and dying back to back. That's how recently you could buy a guy. And it's not like slavery ended and then everything has been amazing, and it's just been parades and presents ever since."
-Louis CK

Humorous-quote-for-everybody.jpg

gcthomas

We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.

Robert Wilensky

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"And it happened all the time that the compromise between two perfectly rational alternatives was something that made no sense at all."
-- Neal Stephenson, Anathem (p601).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As a whole part of 'psychological education' it needs to be remembered that a neurosis can be valuable;
also that 'adjustment' to a sick and insane environment is of itself not "health" but sickness and insanity.

--James Agee

resodko

BANNED
Banned
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

----John

Selaphiel

Bit of a long one:

"It is customary to blame secular science and anti-religious philosophy for the eclipse of religion in modern society. It would be more honest to blame religion for its own defeats. Religion declined not because it was refuted, but because it became irrelevant, dull, oppressive, insipid. When faith is completely replaced by creed, worship by discipline, love by habit; when the crisis of today is ignored because of the splendor of the past; when faith becomes an heirloom rather than a living fountain; when religion speaks only in the name of authority rather than with the voice of compassion -its message becomes meaningless."

-Abraham Joshua Heschel (The first paragraph of his book "God in Search of Man: A Philosophy of Judaism").

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
"It sometimes takes courage to see injustice and then stand up and denounce it. Gallantry requires doing so without ever becoming bitter; gallantry requires humor and honor."
Molly Ivins

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
GIVE Scripture that PROVES Me Wrong!!!! - YOU CAN'T!!

NO ONE Can Speak ( Out of Scripture ) that Can't be Proven Wrong in everything he says!!!

(((( YOU NOR Anyone Can prove Me Wrong in anything I say ))))!!!

((( NOW - PROVE ME Wrong - But You Won't because ((( YOU CAN'T ))) do anything BUT SPIT!!!!!!!

LetsArgue

Classic.