Older Men with Younger Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Men with Younger Women

This caught me eye in the news. Keanu Reeves is dating a 46 year old woman and many in the press are hailing Reeves as a "hero" for dating a woman close to his age. Apparently, many in the media get upset when an older man dates/marries a much younger woman. My question is why do they care if an older man dates/marries a younger woman?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-keanu-reeves

NOTE: The Thread title is a typo! It should read "Older Men with Younger Women".

Can a mod fix the title?
    Last edited by The Berean; November 11th, 2019, 11:45 AM.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

It appears superficial, IMO. Driven by money, power, and ego.
    TRUST
    is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
    and one of the hardest things to
    ever get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
      It appears superficial, IMO. Driven by money, power, and ego.
      Even if that were true why do people car so much? Since they do not know the couple personally or the inter workings of the couple's relationship they are just making an uniformed judgement.
      Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post

Even if that were true why do people car so much? Since they do not know the couple personally or the inter workings of the couple's relationship they are just making an uniformed judgement.
        To Rusha's point....boy-toys and trophy-wives have been traditionally scorned. Seems a superficial mockery of love and commitment. This might not always be the case nor fair....but that's the perception.
        _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

My question is why do they care if an older man dates/marries a younger woman?
          Jealousy?

Retardedness?

Comment

This caught me eye in the news. Keanu Reeves is dating a 46 year old woman and many in the press are hailing Reeves as a "hero" for dating a woman close to his age. Apparently, many in the media get upset when an older man dates/marries a much younger woman. My question is why do they care if an older man dates/marries a younger woman?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-keanu-reeves

NOTE: The Thread title is a typo! It should read "Older Men with Younger Women".

Can a mod fix the title?
            If a mod can fix the title of this thread, they should change it to read, "The Jimmy Page", after Jimmy Page, from Led Zeppelin.
            All my ancestors are human.
            PS: All your ancestors are human.
            PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Comment

Often, a 50-something and a 20-something are more physically compatible that either would be with a partner their own age. And that applies to either sex.

Comment

There is a difference between what makes a woman attractive to someone looking for a new relationship and what makes a man attractive to someone looking for a new relationship.
                A lot of it is related to whether a person appears biologically able to have children.
                A man is able to father children even into old age, so the physical appearance of an aging man is not much of a factor.
                A woman's prime childbearing years are when she is between 17 and 32 years old, so the physical appearance of an aging woman is a factor.

What Does It Mean When a Woman ‘Hits the Wall’?

when someone says that a woman has hit the wall, it means that the woman is unable to use her looks, charm or beauty to lure a man and make use of his material possessions.

Some men don’t prefer a woman who has hit the wall because firstly, they want to be with attractive companions and secondly, they want to pair up with women who can not only give birth to healthy children but also help raise them.

When a woman has hit the wall or is about to hit a wall, men who were earlier craving for her attention don’t want to get romantically or sexually involved with the woman because they think that she is not good enough (in looks and age).

Learn to read what is written.

_____
                The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Study Shows Men Prefer Looks, Women Prefer ‘Social Status’

A new study has confirmed what a number of people already believe: when looking for a partner, men place much more emphasis on the physical beauty of their prospective mate while women look for someone who has high social status (which could very well be translated as money.)

Here’s what the authors of the study stated:

Two key factors are thought to drive sex differences in human mate preferences. First, because fertility declines faster with age and requires a larger physiological cost for women than men, men are hypothesized to show stronger preferences for physical cues of reproductive capacity (e.g. youth, health and good nutritional status) in women than women do when assessing the attractiveness of potential mates [1]. Second, women bear greater costs of obligatory parental investment (i.e. pregnancy and lactation) than men do, meaning they have both a greater need for resources and reduced ability to obtain resources. Consequently, women are hypothesized to show stronger preferences for cues of the capability to invest resources in offspring when assessing men’s attractiveness as long-term partners

Learn to read what is written.

_____
                  The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                  ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                    There is a difference between what makes a woman attractive to someone looking for a new relationship and what makes a man attractive to someone looking for a new relationship.
                    A lot of it is related to whether a person appears biologically able to have children.
                    A man is able to father children even into old age, so the physical appearance of an aging man is not much of a factor.
                    A woman's prime childbearing years are when she is between 17 and 32 years old, so the physical appearance of an aging woman is a factor.

What Does It Mean When a Woman ‘Hits the Wall’?

when someone says that a woman has hit the wall, it means that the woman is unable to use her looks, charm or beauty to lure a man and make use of his material possessions.

Some men don’t prefer a woman who has hit the wall because firstly, they want to be with attractive companions and secondly, they want to pair up with women who can not only give birth to healthy children but also help raise them.

When a woman has hit the wall or is about to hit a wall, men who were earlier craving for her attention don’t want to get romantically or sexually involved with the woman because they think that she is not good enough (in looks and age).

And today there are more and more women hitting the wall single and childless. They spent their young adulthood "having fun". I remember recently I was talking to an acquaintance who is 43 years old. Never married never had children. Now, she's she wants children. I straight out told her she should have had children 15-17 years ago. She looked at me and grudgingly admitted I was right. Instead she wasted her youth on the "eat, pray, love" garbage philosophy.

. -Ktoyou

Comment

And today there are more and more women hitting the wall single and childless. They spent their young adulthood "having fun". I remember recently I was talking to an acquaintance who is 43 years old. Never married never had children. Now, she's she wants children. I straight out told her she should have had children 15-17 years ago. She looked at me and grudgingly admitted I was right. Instead she wasted her youth on the "eat, pray, love" garbage philosophy.
                      I hope you encouraged her to consider adoption

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

I hope you encouraged her to consider adoption
                        We did talk about that. But she needs to get married first! I actually told her that. LOL.

Even Ziyi Zhang got married and had a child! You missed you chance, doser!

. -Ktoyou

Comment

Awwww

Comment

Sorry to take so long responding back.

I can only answer as to why I care. As a mother and woman, I want women to respect and value themselves. Marriage should be about love and compatibility. Goals and mutual respect matters.

TRUST
                            is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
                            and one of the hardest things to
                            ever get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post

Sorry to take so long responding back.

I can only answer as to why I care. As a mother and woman, I want women to respect and value themselves.
                              Why would that be affected by an age differential?

Marriage should be about love and compatibility.
                              Why would those be affected by an age differential?

Goals and mutual respect matters.

Why would those be affected by an age differential?

Comment

Working...
                              X